Any one planning on staying at the Holiday Inn? for next years Otakon
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2003, 08:16 AM   #2
Nikol
All about the pretty boys

Me and my friends are. We were there for Otakon 2003 and really liked it. The price was good fo us, parking was right there and you were a block away from the convention center. Only trouble we ran into (that I'd bet everyone else did) was getting down to the lobby Sunday to check out.

Nikol's LiveJournal (Layout: Braska and Jecht version 1.0)
Nikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

Cooly what ya going to Cosplay as
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Unread 12-15-2003, 08:03 AM   #4
Nikol
All about the pretty boys

Right now it's Omi Tskiyono's mission outfit from Weiss Kreuz's OVA, Irvine Kinneas from FFVIII and Kabuto from Naruto to help friends out with a photoshoot.

Nikol's LiveJournal (Layout: Braska and Jecht version 1.0)
Nikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #5
Bethii-chan
Ninja-ness.

Out of curiousity, how much is the Holiday Inn per night? I'm thinking of staying there for next year's Otakon.
Bethii-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2003, 12:02 AM   #6
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

It's about $139 right now (without the Otakon discount) through most travel sites. If you haven't booked your room folks, do it now, no joke! Whats going to happen is by the time Otakon gets the contracts signed with the hotels for the discounts, they're going to be sold out, or at least the ones closest to the Convention center...the days inn is already full up, now whether some of those rooms were bought by Otakorp for the con goers to book after the discount rates are up I don't know..but I wouldn't leave it to chance. The Otakon staff are upset everyone got their reservations already before they could get the rates up (I read the Otakon message boards), and while I can understand where they're coming from, I also do not enjoy walking 10 blocks to my hotel in the rain wearing faux fur...and I'm sure no one else does either so go for it! I spent a while researching it, as of now, the holiday inn is the cheapest thing within 4 blocks to the con center...the second cheapest was $169 for the Wyndham, which is 3 blocks away, not bad, but not across the street like the holiday inn is either....I'd book now the Otakon price for Holiday Inn was $129, $10, not worth risking not getting a room.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2003, 01:40 PM   #7
Scortia

Days Inn was $127 a night and it's only a block away... closer than Holdiday Inn... man, they are efficient on the Reservation line... I said the date and he was instantly "oh, Otakon right?" ^^;; Wonder if I should be concerned that he hung up without ever asking me how many people to the room... hopefully that just means they all have 2 double beds. ~_~;;
Unread 01-02-2004, 11:07 PM   #8
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

humm I would be you should call back and ask them Hoiday in is really in the same spot as the Days Inn just one block down not a big deal at all. I like Holiday in Better any way never had a problem with them. Last year where we stayed they expired are card one day to soon. then there was a big arument with the people trying to explain that we paid for a nother day not just 2. It was a mess
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart