Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Closed Thread
Unread 12-17-2003, 06:16 PM   #1
Souma Mitsuko

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

Okay. I posted a topic about someone making me a Stan plushie in General Chat... it ended up in the Spam forum. No notice, no reply about why they put it in there. I personally think that this is quite rude. I mean, before a topic is moved instantaneously, shouldn't one have a chance to know where it is? *sigh*

Unread 12-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

That was me.

I had moved the thread, but then got pulled away to do something IRL, before posting a follow-up notice.

You really don't need to get that worked up over it.

BTW, for future reference. You may want to have more descriptive titles in your threads especially in the Site Help forum. Something like, "My thread was moved with no notice!" That's infinitely more helpful then, "Whaaaaaaaaaat?"
Unread 12-18-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Souma Mitsuko

Well sorry, but I was a little upset and shocked at the time and hardly even had time to make this post. I still think that moderators should give notice BEFORE they move it... forgive me for interfering with the rules if I am. >>()

By the way, couldn't you possibly ever think of apologizing? I mean, you're acting like Riku-chan from YGO's Shadow Realm message board. -_-

Last edited by Souma Mitsuko : 12-18-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 12-18-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
A J
sets ovens on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souma Mitsuko
By the way, couldn't you possibly ever think of apologizing? I mean, you're acting like Riku-chan from YGO's Shadow Realm message board. -_-
Uh, are we supposed to know who "Riku-chan from YGO's Shadow Realm message board"? 'Cause I have no clue who that is and I'm betting neither does Ziggy, so the comparison is pretty lost on us.

Threads get moved around on the boards all the time. You get used to it. Why should the mods be apologizing to everyone for trying to keep the boards maintained? It's their jobs. Yeah, some notice woulda been nice but like he said, he got pulled away before he got a chance to post a note. The mods don't do this as a full time job or get paid to do this; they do it in their free time and things like real life jobs that DO pay take precedence.

If you don't like it the way the mods on this board operate, you can take it up with Admin but cosplay.com has some of the fairest mods of just about any forums I've seen and things run very smoothly around here thanks to them.
Unread 12-18-2003, 06:17 PM   #5
Souma Mitsuko

I was just saying, he should have posted a notice BEFORE he moved it and at least let me show my acknowledgement of the notice, okay? In my opinion, he shouldn't have moved it before posting a notice. That's all I was saying. But somehow, people are ignoring that.
Unread 12-18-2003, 06:23 PM   #6
A J
sets ovens on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souma Mitsuko
I was just saying, he should have posted a notice BEFORE he moved it and at least let me show my acknowledgement of the notice, okay? In my opinion, he shouldn't have moved it before posting a notice. That's all I was saying. But somehow, people are ignoring that.
Fair enough. But now I'm telling you that around here, the mods don't send notices to the thread starters before they move threads. They move it and post a notice in the thread. People usually subscribe to their threads (which u can do using "Thread Tools" at the top of the page), so anytime something is posted in the thread, you will be notified.

Granted, this time was a bit of a snafu since he didn't have time to post a note in the thread, but that's how it's usually done around here. Since you're new, you probably don't know that, but now you do and next time it happens, you won't be surprised.
Unread 12-18-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Moderators move threads to appropriate forums and usually leave a link to the new location (in the form of MOVED: Original Thread Title).

However, if it's being moved into the spam forum, the link is not put in place because keeping the link there would be the same as allowing spam in the original forum, as it's still there as a redirect.

In either case, moderators are not required to notify the original poster as that would require more work than necessary for a simple move of a thread to an on-topic forum. So if you find that your thread has disappeared your best bet is to either look for a MOVED: link, or check the spam forum.
Unread 12-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Souma Mitsuko

Thanks for explaining stuff... haha, yes, newbies are quite pathetic sometimes... ^^()

Edit: Actually, I'm going to edit that post... because the Stan plush is actually needed for a cosplay that I'm doing... so could someone please move it to "Props and Accessories" or whichever forum it would be fit? ^^()

Last edited by Souma Mitsuko : 12-18-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Unread 12-18-2003, 09:17 PM   #9
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Okay....done.
Unread 12-19-2003, 01:06 PM   #10
Mekou
Meow~

>> By the way, couldn't you possibly ever think of apologizing? I mean, you're acting like Riku-chan from YGO's Shadow Realm message board.

Seeing as you are a fellow YSRMBer I know why you were upset about a topic being moved without notification.

To mods: you see at the the other board mentioned, mods will reply to the topic with "This belongs in <insert forum name here>. Reply within 3 days so topic can be moved. If you do not reply in 3 days it will be moved anyway"

So just understand that she's just used to different rules. Perhaps you should be thinking of doing this for threads that will go into other forums and will not be linked? =/ Just is thought. You sure will get a lots oess of /these/ complaints.

Souma: o_o Who are you at YSRMB? pm me.
Unread 12-19-2003, 07:02 PM   #11
Souma Mitsuko

Thanks, Karisu.
Yes, I'm a moderator at the Shadow Realm message board and that's definitely the rule... confirmation or three days, whichever comes first, which I think is the fairest rule on the board. XD;;
Mekou-chan, I'm the girl with the longest name on the entire board... the one and only Miroku-chan! XP

(Hey, to further carry out this conversation, Mekou-chan, as to not get this topic more off-topic than it already is... my AIM's Schmoo Incognito, my MSN's kougathelonewolf@otakumail.com, my YIM's yamchasgirl90@yahoo.com... um, you can e-mail me at yamchasgirl90@yahoo.com, too.)
Unread 12-19-2003, 07:15 PM   #12
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

As this thread is going way off topic, I'm closing it.

And no, I'm not asking for confirmation or waiting three days to do it.
Unread 12-19-2003, 07:19 PM   #13
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

There are 12,681 registered members on this board as of this moment, and lots of people posting all the time.

No, we CAN'T keep notes on which threads we made comments to how many days days ago before we move them. When we see it, it has to go, and a redirect notice (unless it's going to Spam) should be quite enough for anyone to very easily find it.

As a matter of fact we quite RARELY get this kind of complaint; it's usually some new person who may assume things here are as in some other board instead of checking Cosplay.com's policies.

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 12-19-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread