Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-26-2017, 04:10 AM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

Advice for getting over the "plateau?"

Alright, I'm in need of some advice. I have been a Size 16 for a few months, and I just can't seem to drop any more weight / reduce my gut / reduce my chest size. I've been told I've hit a "plateau" and that I need to keep pushing. I still follow my diet and exercise, but I feel like I need to be doing more. I'm still on my Low Carb Diet, I still go to the gym, and I'm starting to drink more water, but my gut is still 53 Inches and my waist is still 48 Inches.

I don't expect to drop sizes rapidly or right away, but I just need to know what to do to cushion the plateau and keep on dropping.

My work pants are 16 W/P from Land's End, but my workout pants are a Size 14, and concerning my chest - my bust almost fit nicely into a Size 16 – minus the belly and gut. I've also discovered I'm short, stocky, and apple-shaped – just like my Italian Grandmother.

Any advice, links, or tips would be wonderful.

Unread 01-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
my_dark
really should be sewing~

This post sums up pretty much everything I wanted to cover. Hope it helps!

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/wha...hit-a-plateau/
Unread 01-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

@ my_dark - Thank you. I have saved the link and will find a day to do more than just casually glace at it.

Again, thank you.
Unread 02-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
12WolfZ
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi Hana View Post
I've been told I've hit a "plateau" and that I need to keep pushing. I still follow my diet and exercise, but I feel like I need to be doing more. I'm still on my Low Carb Diet, I still go to the gym, and I'm starting to drink more water, but my gut is still 53 Inches and my waist is still 48 Inches.
Are you still losing weight? If you're still losing weight, you're good. Don't change anything and overcomplicate it.

Don't let people tell you can somehow do something to lose more weight in your stomach specifically.

It is possible that your body just holds onto stomach fat and loses fat in other places first. Some guys get a huge beer belly, some guys get huge love handles, some guys get really fat in the face. Where the fat goes, comes off is different for everyone and in a sense you can only control the number on the scale.

Again, everything I have said assumes you're still losing weight. If not, then yeah, you need to do more/less of something. I usually try to move more first versus eat less first, but ya know, do you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aferjackcosplayz

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdV...fgPL9mNxnCGgRw

Last edited by 12WolfZ : 02-17-2017 at 03:18 PM.
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
MariaCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WolfZ View Post
Are you still losing weight? If you're still losing weight, you're good. Don't change anything and overcomplicate it.

Don't let people tell you can somehow do something to lose more weight in your stomach specifically.

It is possible that your body just holds onto stomach fat and loses fat in other places first. Some guys get a huge beer belly, some guys get huge love handles, some guys get really fat in the face. Where the fat goes, comes off is different for everyone and in a sense you can only control the number on the scale.

Again, everything I have said assumes you're still losing weight. If not, then yeah, you need to do more/less of something. I usually try to move more first versus eat less first, but ya know, do you.
This is right on the money.

I started working out with my friends. We are all putting in the exact same work. I am literally at the gym with them every other day.

Same reps, same form (you can see it in the mirrors), and the exact exercises.

We each had different starting points, but even with the toning and weight loss, everyone has pretty much kept their shape.

We were all freaking out. Blame was being thrown around. But someone told me something that has really opened my eyes.

"Everyone just has a shape. You can make adjustments. You can lessen or increase certain severities. But you can't change your shape."

(Essentially, you are never going to look the way that you want. You are going to look the way you are.)

It is a little sad, and it is a little freeing. What is important is being healthy.

I am not even sure "low carb" is the answer. It is about moderation and pairing a diet with your exercise routine.

Maybe look into talking to a personal trainer or a dietician.

You might not get the look that you want, but you can still reduce health issues.
MariaCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #6
snowman3619

Try HIIT

Do more HIIT or interval workouts which is like high intensity cardiio to burn fat faster.

the video below is an example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7sl8peXZTU
snowman3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #7
jlittleton218

Probiotics

You might want to research the effectiveness of caloric restriction and the positive effects on gut health related to kiefer
jlittleton218 is offline   Reply With Quote