Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #136
sandra03

I'm working on this myself right now. upper abs look fine but the lower.. urgh. it's either do something about it or replace my whole wardrobe since nothing fits me right anymore. worst part is i still look thin since i wear clothes to hide my belly, so i can't even talk to anyone else about it for advice or just in conversation, cause they look at me like i'm insane and proceed to skinny-shame me (hey if fat shaming isn't ok people should consider that the opposite isn't either, hurtful is hurtful)

agree with everyone else but want to add that if you drink soda try to cut way back or quit altogether. and anything you eat that's white (bread, rice, pasta, etc) switch to brown and cut down or give up dairy if you can.
those 3 things are the worst offenders IMO. I haven't touched dairy in many years but i've always had a hard time cutting back on soda. i'm proud of myself for not buying any coke for about 3 weeks now. i got a 6 pack of naturally sweetened rootbeer a week ago and still have 3 left. yay me!
you don't have to starve or deprive yourself, just be aware of what you're eating and what healthier alternatives there are. I've even baked cookies etc using different healthier types of flour and cutting back on the sugar a bit. and don't buy into the anti-carb nonsense, you need carbs to function, just know the difference between healthy and unhealthy carbs. anything overly processed is usually a bad choice.
ah and try to avoid late night snacking... my personal downfall T_T I just had pancakes and ice cream at 1am @_@ will completely cancel out the exercise I did this afternoon lol

Last edited by sandra03 : 06-20-2013 at 01:38 AM.
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #137
yuffieyulan
Banned

insanity

Hi peeps... has anyone tried shaun T's insanity... iv been looking online and it seems too good to be true the results... wanna know if it actually works and how hard it actually is!
yuffieyulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #138
NeuroticallyAJ

I actually tried this for a few days. It's such high intensity. I'm a pretty active person, but this killed me before the warm up was even done. Shaun T is entertaining and the moves are fun (and painful), but it works. It works so hard. lol. The main thing is commitment. Even if it hurts, don't give up unless you feel like you'll hurt yourself physically.

Unfortunately, I couldn't keep up with the intensity because of knee problems, so I switched to p90x which has worked wonders and is a great alternative.

Cosplays in Progress:
Chocolina (Final Fantasy Series)
Arcade Miss Fortune (League of Legends)

Check out my FB page! (I'm a Squid fledgling though haha) http://www.facebook.com/AJCospage
NeuroticallyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #139
cblack77

There's a thread for this, under the fitness forum.
Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan): 0%

Cons:
Aki-Con 2013
Sakura-Con 2014
cblack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #140
Bovice

It's great for people who aren't good with coming up with routines of their own.

If you've some experience and know your way around the gym and outdoor types of fitness activities, then it's a waste of money/bandwidth
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #141
chupachan

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=301136

Insanity works and is very very time effective. Myself and all my friends who have tried it love it and get great results with it.
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #142
Rinoa_324

Flatten Tummy

Hello everyone, trying to figure out a good way to flatten my stomach a bit...cause sadly i'm overweight I'm currently 21 years old, 5ft and weight around 133. Doing Zumba 5-6 times a week for about 40-60 mins. I did lose quite a bit weight and I'm glad but just can't seem to lose that little stomach pouch...any advice on how to tone up my stomach or someway to flatten my stomach a bit? Thank you
Rinoa_324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #143
Mythicon
SuperHeroRipped

Are you looking to tone up (add muscle) or just make it flatter/smaller?
Mythicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #144
konekoanni

Diet diet diet.

No seriously. "Ab exercises" are a sham, and without losing overall bodyfat, you're not going to see much improvement in the stomach area. It sounds like you're already pretty active, so unless you want to add weightlifting, doing more might end up being overkill.

Start eating at a calorie deficit (find out how much you need to eat for maintaining your current weight and then take off 200-400 calories from that) and eat "clean"--minimal processed foods, lower sugar, higher protein. There are a lot of resources for good diets out there, just look for "clean eating" blogs and the like.

Also, and this is going to be depressing, but that stomach "pooch" may never go away completely for you. Genetics and posture both play a part in this. Some women will always have it because it's actually the muscle sticking out, or they have a pelvic tilt that causes the lower abdomen to protrude. Posture can be corrected some, and reducing bodyfat will help as well, but a little bit of a belly pooch on the lower abdomen (think between the hips, covering the uterus) is perfectly normal.

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay

Last edited by konekoanni : 07-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #145
Rinoa_324

@ Mythicon: whichever but prefer to just flatten it.

@konekoanni: thanks i'll try to reduce my calorie in take a bit more and see if that helps, I did lose 5 more pounds by changing my eating habits again (hit a plateau but out of it now). My lower abdomen not really worry about that I did lose it a bit, but just trying to flatten my stomach like my belly area, that's what I really wanna try losing a bit more.
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #146
nikkiolie

A flat stomach is all about diet, like konekoanni said. It is very hard to lose body fat with exercise alone.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #147
Mythicon
SuperHeroRipped

There are a few tricks to help, Sweet Sweat, CLA, a pro/probiotc cleans. However to truly get a flatter or smaller tummy is mainly diet. Drink enough water and keep your calories above 1200 but below 1600 and you should be fine. If you really get in depth with it a 50/30/20 protein/carb/fat diet will help to cut weight quickly.

Toning is completely different. You need to build the muscles in that area. There is a list of exercises you can do to achieve that but your calorie count goes up quite a bit. Into the 1800 range.
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #148
Rinoa_324

Thanks for the advice guys! I will try out your suggestions
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #149
Mythicon
SuperHeroRipped

good luck! post so progress pics so we can cheer you on and feel free to add me on Myfitnesspal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/SuperHeroRipped
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #150
Rinoa_324

Thanks I will! And I will let u guys see pics, the support will definitely help!