Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #61
Django117

I suggest either push-ups or sit ups. Probably both. I too am underweight. 6'1" 135lbs. I used to be weigh even less but had much less muscle. Turn that tiny bit of tummy into muscle and bam, it's amazing.
Django117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #62
PrettyHellFire
Lover Of All Humans

Is There A Way To Get A More Slender Waist? Please, HELP!

I've been trying to lose about 30 lbs+ for my convention that's in June and since March I've successfully lost around 10. However, it seems that what I'm doing is only toning up my legs and my arms and I'm not losing the crucial wait around my stomach, waist, and thighs. When I look in the mirror and I see not much of a difference I get very discouraged and I begin to wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Or perhaps is there a special way for you to lose belly fat? I'm really looking forward to having a define, slender waist. Any tips?
PrettyHellFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #63
Somsai
Guyver 01

The waist and thighs is one of the main places that contains the most fat (for most).
If you notice you are losing it slowly then you are doing a great job.
You're doing great so far. Change takes time.
It is perfectly natural. Don't stress yourself with the thought that you can't do it.
You already lost 10 lbs. Just 20 more to go.
It isn't natural or healthy to lose 20 lbs in a month and a half,
but I think you can lose a good 12-14 lbs in that time.
Which is perfectly near your goal.

Finished:
- Ikki Minami (Air Gear)
- Kaname Kuran (Vampire Knight)
- Guy (Street Fighters/Final Fight)
Somsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #64
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

My weight keeps coming off places I dont need it to come off. I need to lose in my boobs, but it wants to lose in my thighs! Its so frustrating!

Anime Expo 2014
Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #65
neozero

Weight loss is about being patient and realistic. We all have different body types that are predisposed to look a certain way no matter what.

How are you losing weight. I would recommend going with all around slimming/cardio. Do an aggressive cardio routine 1-2, 3 hours perday 4-5 days a week. Have a disciplined diet: good breakfast, minimal snacks/sugar, complex carbs (wheat bread and brown rice), fiber, plenty of veggies, modest fruit, and don't forget protein. And you will steadily lose weight.
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #66
girlswithcomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by neozero View Post
Weight loss is about being patient and realistic. We all have different body types that are predisposed to look a certain way no matter what.

How are you losing weight. I would recommend going with all around slimming/cardio. Do an aggressive cardio routine 1-2, 3 hours perday 4-5 days a week. Have a disciplined diet: good breakfast, minimal snacks/sugar, complex carbs (wheat bread and brown rice), fiber, plenty of veggies, modest fruit, and don't forget protein. And you will steadily lose weight.
That's actually ideal for most people, but working out three hours per day is very hard. I work in a gym and even I have trouble working out more than an hour.

If you do want to attempt to work out three hours a day, break it up. Work out in the morning and then again at night. I did this for a while and it's not as bad as it sounds (and it did help me drop 30lbs). Also drink plenty of water, especially green tea, which helps boost the metabolism.

And good luck! You're doing good so far!
Unread 04-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #67
PrettyHellFire
Lover Of All Humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Gohan View Post
My weight keeps coming off places I dont need it to come off. I need to lose in my boobs, but it wants to lose in my thighs! Its so frustrating!
Are you saying you want smaller breasts or are you talking about fat arpund that area?
PrettyHellFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #68
LunarCrazy

PrettyHellFire: I haven't been successful with personal weight loss, however I used to do yoga on WiiFit. While it isn't much, poses like the the Moon pose, as well as simple waist twists can help a bit, especially if you prolong poses. Also, before I go to bed I like to lay down before bringing my shoulders around as far as possible.
Here's another stretch that really helps the waist:
sit on the floor, on your butt, with your legs stretched out directly in front of you. Bring your left knee up(whilst keeping your foot flat on the ground) before bringing your left foot to rest at the right of your right leg. Then, place your left hand behind your back so that you feel a little stretch, but it isn't uncomfortable. Finally bring your right elbow to rest on your left knee(the bent one) and twist for at least 15 seconds. Repeat with the other side.

These won't make dramatic differences, but might help somewhat.
LunarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #69
Nacht_Blumen
What the Fluff!?

Arms, Legs, and love handles? D:

I have 3 months before my next convention, I am 5'4 and weigh 117lbs.

When I gain weight, it shows up at the lower part of my stomach(love handles, too), upper arms, and thighs. Even if it's just a few pounds, it Shows!

Anyway, I need to slender up for a character I am playing, and I wanted some advice, though I have a condition called CFIDS(Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome), and can't do too much strenuous activity, otherwise I come down ill.

I can do some sit-ups, around 30-40 a minute.

How much speed walking would I have to do every day?

I have a pretty good muscle memory, as I used to be really fit about a year and a half ago.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm planning on cutting back on my breads and stuff when it comes to diet. Thanks!

DeeDee - Batman Beyond

Heinkel Wolfe - Hellsing Ultimate

Jan Valentine - Hellsing Ultimate

Rip Van Winkle - Hellsing Ultimate

Maryl Silverburg - Metal Gear Solid

Shizuo Heiwajima - DuRaRaRa!!

Vegeta - Dragon Ball Z

Conventions

OTAKON
(7 Year Veteran)
Nacht_Blumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #70
my_dark
really should be sewing~

My two cents

I'm in a similar situation myself and am working on changing things. I'm not saying that my situation is identical to anyone else, but just wanted to provide another perspective.

I'm pretty thin, quite fit, and I have a pretty healthy diet. I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs. But for some reason, my tummy sticks out and makes me look like I'm pregnant >< I found out that I was allergic to gluten (its in wheat, rye and barley), I cut my sugar intake, and am doing a detox to get my body working properly again. I don't suggest detoxing unless you go to someone who knows their stuff (ex. a doctor, nutritionist etc).

Also, its not possible to target one specific area of your body for fat loss. Doing crunches and core movements will work on developing and toning the muscles, but nothing burns fat like cardio. There's lots of options for that too: walking, running, cycling, swimming, step aerobics, rowing, jump rope etc. I'm a huge crossfitter, but I'll admit it isn't for everyone, its just what works best for me.

Doing a colon cleanse can help smooth your tummy out a bit by getting rid of some of the junk in your colon, but it is quite an investment and you'd have to do some research before you commit.

Other than that, diet is a huge thing to consider when trying to lose weight/fat. You'll want to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Also, eating plenty of veggies and fruits, along with some whole grains, and meats. Also avoid eating processed foods as much as possible. Your body needs carbs, but it can get them through fruits, veggies, and whole grains.

The only other thing is to remember that this isn't going to happen the next day. Unfortunately its easier to build fat than to burn it, but its definitely worth it and you'll feel so much better in the long run.
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #71
Naru-chu

I have read that Pilates also helps effectively trim your tummy.
Naru-chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #72
HaruHaruMiMi

I have been stuck with this pooch since forever. I drink green tea for breakfast, for lunch I have an egg sandwich on wheat bread with olive oil, and for dinner I have whatever. I am only a water drinker so I do drink LOADS AND LOADS of water. I sometimes jog two miles at the beach (stair well entering the beach to the pier and back), and I usually speed walk while walking my dogs. I do planks and chair lifts (lifting butt from chair) to strengthen the core. I do see my pooch shrinking but its still flat then BOOM there it is. I am very nervous to cosplay FEM! america because she shows her tummy.
My body type might be average (low in the hips). So tips? eating habits?
HaruHaruMiMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #73
maddragon710

I need some tummy help too v.v

For the most part, I have mostly a washboard. ...Except under the navel. It's so strange! My stomach is flat until the belly button, where I have a "pouch". Does anyone know what causes this? And how should I go about fixing it v.v
maddragon710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #74
justicemonkey
The One and Only!

All you people doing crunches and junk are waisting your time if you really want to get back in shape act like a child do things children do if you have too go to a park and swing on a swing climb the monkey bars and stuff like that trust me most of you will struggle at first but with time you will grow stronger. dancing is also another way of blowing calories hanging out with friends and mindlessly walking arround the mall also burns callories. if you do this stuff you can burn callories or do some larp. with physical activities like a scavenger hunt. You Can Do It!!!!
justicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #75
fluffikitten
Lollipop Chainsaw

THIS WILL CURE YOU!!! If you do it how instructed
http://www.thegamergirls.com/forum/1...-i-work-ooouut
plus its super fast and easy (because Im SOO lazy xD)