Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #76
bbbaby

May I suggest Hula Hooping? After a while it tones not only the stomach and back but also the thighs a bit. And it's really fun to do. If you get a real hoop (the ones at toys r us will be great for smaller people, but I would suggest either buying or making a hoop to fit your hight if you are tall) you can do it while you watch TV or just about anywhere there's enough room! Plus, you can add water to them to change how they move if you need a challenge, ect. Just be ready for bruising at first after doing it for a long time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMOhy1ruLg

THat's a tutorial on how to make a hoop if you want to try it out
bbbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #77
thedudeabides

There are a few things I've found to be fitness truths.
1) You can't spot blast an area of your body to get results. This means that for a flatter stomach you can't just do sit-ups, you have to work your whole body. And the body grows in proportion to itself. So if you want to change the shape of your body, then set a whole body routine. Most people neglect their legs and this is a big mistake.
2) When you exercise, you should hold proper form through out the movement. Most people don't properly activate their "core muscles" to perform an exercise which will result in a stomach sticking out. When you do an exercise, think of a string drawing your belly button into your spine (its not just sucking in your stomach!!!), pull your shoulder blades back like your trying to hold a pencil between them, and squeeze your butt (sometimes at the top of a movement such as squats, or hold entirely if performing a push up) to perform a movement. This will train your muscles the right way, reduce chances of an injury, and shape your whole body to work right and look better.

I hope this was helpful.....
thedudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #78
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

Working on the abs!

Alright so I'm some where between slim to average and while I've never really had to much trouble getting or staying fit. I can never seem to slim down my abs the way I would like, I'm not exactly looking for a six pack washboard abs...but I wouldn't mind a flat stomach with maybe a partial four pack. ;-)

Any thoughts would be great!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.strasko
wisetaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #79
Drazhar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1367ntoBxeU

Cardio Abs has had some nice effects on me, along with the rest of the Insanity program... I'd show my results pic for one month, but I'm not that confident yet
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #80
TKscz
Mr. Chubby Chaser

If you mean shaping your abs, the above post has some great ways. Or you can try some weighted sit-ups, classic crunches, or planking for about a minute to 3 minutes.

If you mean belly fat, do NONE of this. Building abs while having belly fat can make your stomach look like a beer belly. Talking from experience on this one. Just do some normal work outs for about 45 mins - an hour a day, or intense ones for a shorter period of time a day, and stick to a 2000 calorie diet. Worked for me.
TKscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #81
Hybrid nerd

Results

I have an idea to your situation, the fastest way I developed a flat stomach was to incorporate a really low carb diet with lots of vitamins and nutrients, then focus on a lot of core training. if you have a gym membership use any core machine they have twice as much as you usually do and if u can keep up your cardio try to double it. Five to six weeks you should get the results you need and remember consistence is the key you have to keep with it.

oh remember sit up crunches and leg raises are good core work outs. stay away from trans fats and carbs and your golden!
Hybrid nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #82
cas324dre
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehkukikookie View Post
Hi :] So I'm kind of in a pickle. I'm underweight [five foot two inches; 100 pounds], while at the same time I have a bulgy tummy. I'm not sure if this is a sign that I need to shed some pounds or something else [change diet, strengthen core]. I'm not sure what this is called so I really didn't know what to search for. Apologies if there is already a thread like this. ^^;

What do? I'm also kind of disabled so I need some workouts for someone with very limited leg mobility.
I love Billy Blanks works outs they are so good for your stomach. You will see the bulgy leav in no time.
cas324dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #83
matthew007

I think you should contact to any physician, he will guide you best what you have to do to get your desired results.
matthew007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #84
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

I'm in the same situation as some other people here, I'm love to get a flat stomach. I've cut back alot on snacks recently and got a exercise bike and a cardio machine, plus I go for mile walks each day but I still can't seem to shed much weight. I guess, being a guy is against me lol. I'd love to drop 30lbs and a few inches around the waist, not to mention get rid of my pot belly >.< I'll look into some of the suggestions people have made and see if I can adjust my program.
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #85
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Hi , im about 149-150 pounds and im 5"4 -5"4 1/2. Im not fat , im big boned but , i have a bit of a stomach if you know what i mean. What are some quick or good ways to flatten it a bit?
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #86
AnzuAi

Ok, this workout will get your tummy flatter in about 1-2 months, it uses mainly back strength and abdominal muscles, so not too much strain on your legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFW77rIir0

Also once you've warmed up a bit you could try the plank for as long as you can hold it, try for 10 seconds first.
"Why wait for something to happen when you can make it happen!" - Rainbow Dash

NOW BOUNCE
AnzuAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #87
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Talking Stomach Flatten Activation

HI im 21 and im a big boned girl. i weigh about 149-150. whats a good way to flatten my stomach by may 2013 or earlier. i have a bit of a stomach and would really like to flatten it some.
tips for the easiest ways to flatten it? [ that don't involve completely changing my diet etc]
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #88
IamAriel

I've heard that eating more fiber can help, because it cleans out your system...as gross as it sounds, the theory is that the stuff we eat (hydroginated oils, not sure if there's other stuff too) sits in your gut, rotting, and adding weight. Like, some people can't lose the last ten pounds or whatever, and it could be due to that. Or, like in your and my case, we have a little bit of stomach, and it might that...I'm not sure. It would make sense for me, because I'm pretty thin everywhere else and I still have a pooch. XD You might also want to look into detoxes fot this reason. Althoug my mom also says about me that, well, woman do have organs and they have to be somewhere. XD

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #89
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Detoxes do nothing but cost you money, and there is no accumulation of old rotty stuff hanging out in your guts. Your guts are fine. Your guts are ridiculously good at what they do.

What you're dealing with is simply your body's tendency to store fat in particular places. It's different for everyone. In order to reduce your stomach, you'll need to work on reducing fat in general. It's up to your body where and how it comes off first, so you may see things reduce before the parts that you wanted to reduce. Example: the many times I've seen "my stomach's the same but my boobs are smaller", "my legs aren't any smaller but my arms are", and "my waist is smaller but I still have a round face".
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #90
IamAriel

#1. How do you know they are 'just a waste of money'? Have you ever looked at the crap most Americans eat? If your guts are so ridiculously good at what they do, how come people get colon cancer? Because of all the terribly unnatural junk we eat.
#2. So you're telling her to just lose weight overall? She said she was big boned...that might be a normal weight for her. Why try to lose weight if you're a normal healthy weight? If she is truly healthy in every other way, it would be idiotic to try to lose weight, when the stomach could be something else.

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote