Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 12-18-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
xiola
turquoise teaparty

Unhappy gathering of the fellowship - photos?

i know most of you weren't there but i don't stay active on many forums so i'm not sure where else to ask :P

being the impatient brat i am, i'm wondering if anyone has pics from the Gathering or knows anyone who's planning to put some up? despite the masquerade on tuesday night being a bit of a disaster (actually that's a rather large understatement, IMO. i was horribly depressed and i wasn't even in it ). still, there were some friend's costumes i'd like pictures of...
xiola is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
Jo_Canadian
Vashy-Boy

what in the hell is this gathering thing that you talk about. i wish someone would inform me when this kinda thing is going on. i get no regard i tell ya, no regard
Jo_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
xiola
turquoise teaparty

-_- there was an entire thread *on this board* about this event before it happened. please don't go around blaming other people if you don't know what it was and didn't try to find out for yourself.

besides, it wasn't anime related at all, which is all most people here seem to care about, so don't worry about it.

Last edited by xiola : 12-18-2003 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 12-18-2003, 05:22 PM   #4
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiola
i know most of you weren't there but i don't stay active on many forums so i'm not sure where else to ask :P

being the impatient brat i am, i'm wondering if anyone has pics from the Gathering or knows anyone who's planning to put some up? despite the masquerade on tuesday night being a bit of a disaster (actually that's a rather large understatement, IMO. i was horribly depressed and i wasn't even in it ). still, there were some friend's costumes i'd like pictures of...
I definitely want to see some pics, since some asshole went behind the back row of the theatre last night at the ROTK screening and rifled through people's bags. They stole my digicam. My very expensive digicam. I am SOOOOOOOO pissed.

But yeah. Pics would be good. *sigh*

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
xiola
turquoise teaparty

oh my god. that's horrible. and i was thinking everything had gone badly enough already... >_< i guess i'm glad i had to wait till today to see it.

*hugs*

*hopes for pics*
Unread 12-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #6
Machiko
watashi wa ningyoushi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime
I definitely want to see some pics, since some asshole went behind the back row of the theatre last night at the ROTK screening and rifled through people's bags. They stole my digicam. My very expensive digicam. I am SOOOOOOOO pissed.
omg - that absolutely sucks!!
Machiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #7
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

One site is up that has some pics....most have really crappy lighting, and there's no pics of me, but there are a few of the really good Jack Sparrow and the awesome Argonath duo. http://www.sithcamaro.com/toronto/

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

Unread 12-21-2003, 07:07 PM   #8
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

I have only heard of the Argonath duo... they look awesome!! Gawd, I wish I was there....

I couldn't find you, Sarcasm... o.O but then again, I only looked at the pics that had Arwen's BR dress (and the argonath, of course) and none of them seemed to be you.... or maybe I am going blind.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2003, 02:56 AM   #9
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

http://www.sithcamaro.com/toronto/pa...%20031_jpg.htm

awesome. just. awesome.

O.O
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2003, 07:18 PM   #10
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth
I have only heard of the Argonath duo... they look awesome!! Gawd, I wish I was there....

I couldn't find you, Sarcasm... o.O but then again, I only looked at the pics that had Arwen's BR dress (and the argonath, of course) and none of them seemed to be you.... or maybe I am going blind.
Nah, there were no pics of me on that site. Dawn took a few, and hopefully a couple others will surface. I really want a copy of the pic somebody took of me posing with Capt. Jack Sparrow...XD

And yeah, the Argonath totally stole the show...and rightly so. That was a truly brilliant idea, fueled by post-Worldcon exhaustion and many tiny sugared donuts. ^_^

Unread 12-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #11
hellbelle
Haute Madame

Exclamation

(wrong person posted)

Last edited by hellbelle : 05-21-2005 at 02:17 PM.
hellbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 02:07 AM   #12
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbelle
http://www.sithcamaro.com/toronto/pa...%20034_jpg.htm

That Arwen and Galadriel look great.

So, how WAS the gathering (in general), anyway? I was SO depressed I couldn't go because of lack of money and not having the proper Arwen bridge dress I wanted....but I am DYING To know if it was worth the time and money.

How was the joust? The masquerade? The "party/dance"? Anybody?
I was desperately trying to finish my dress in time, and then spent most of Wednesday watching the movies uptown, so didn't get to see or participate in much of the con. So I'm not really sure. The joust was, well, Medieval Times. They changed the names to be LOTR-compliant, and added a little LOTR intro, but it was their standard show with knights smacking each other with swords and greasy chicken. (the chicken was eaten, not for hitting people with)

*shrug* It was okay. But I wish I'd been able to make some of the panels and other programming stuff that was going on. Bleh.

Unread 12-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #13
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Thanks to all of you who posted picture links. When Alison gets back from Chicago I'll try and post the pictures we took at the con. (she has them right now). There were so many people dressed up and in The Spirit. That really made the event for me. (aside from our mutually most sited #1 reason, 'hanging out with good friends')

There was one person who was a dead ringer for Celeborn. That was kind of wierd...

I must admit that Lyn and Louise as the Argonath was really inspired, not to mention well executed.

Sarcasm didn't mention that not only did the workmanship on her dress blow people away but when she did her walk on, the celebrity judges gasped really loudly, "Is that her REAL HAIR!!??" (LOL! Way to go for shocking the Hollywood types!)

I too did not get to experience but a small bit of the con proper, (mostly the Games Workshop area which my friend Dave put alot of work into and which was a very popular edition to the con. (They were demoing the LOTR minatures games and giving away free Limited Edition Figurines. Frodo and Gandolf from FOTR.)

The MT show was silly fun as always, further spiced up by Gord yelling "HUzzahHH!" and "Watch out for the Red Knight, he cheats!!" alternately. (and was making one of the actors laugh). Not to mention Sarcasm jokingly mocking the pages with "you're dresses aren't period". etc.

Anyhow, all and all, I had a good time at the banquet part of the event.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #14
Oselle
Froufaholic

Two sets of pictures up that I know of:
(mine) http://photos.yahoo.com/oselle_the_platypus
(Chani's...hope she doesn't mind!) http://photos.yahoo.com/chanilye1

I'm hopefully getting the last 6 or 7 pictures I took developed today, used New Years to finish off the roll. If they're decent, I'll post them as soon as I can. Apologies for the delay, I haven't been to these forums in ages. Also, apologies for not getting a picture of Sarcasm's beautiful Arwen recreation...it was divine.

Last edited by Oselle : 01-02-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Oselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 06:13 PM   #15
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

OOh Girl I am such a nerd! I didn't mention here how much I l ved your Smaug outfit! (me bad!) But in my defense I did talk about you in my LJ. Apologies!

I hope you wear it to some other cons this year!
~Dawn

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote