Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 12-18-2003, 06:59 PM   #1
Dragon Sama
Got Plushie?

Lightbulb Photoshoot?

HEY! Anyone up for planning a photoshoot? I think it would be a great idea, like on Saturday morning near the front enterance or something. It would be an excellent oppertunity for both cosplayers and the ones taking the pictures.

Let's set a time. Any suggestions? Or do you think its not gonna work?

-Dragon Sama-

Unread 12-19-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
BountyBebopLuva
Go ahead, obey me :)

That's a lovely idea!

In Progress Planned Finished

ACen
Lloyd Asplund Code Geass: R2 Pj!Faye Valentine Cowboy Bebop - original design
BountyBebopLuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2003, 02:19 AM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Dragonsama: Ahh, you beat me to starting a post about a possible cosplay.com photoshoot at Ohayocon2004.. I've been sooo busy at work, I haven't had a chance to start one yet, but I'll be glad to give some info here:

This will be the first time I'll be going to the Hyatt and convention center, so I don't know how big it's going to be, nor where would a good place be to have a gathering. If anyone can give me suggestions on WHERE might be a good place to accomodate a big group of cosplayers (and photographers) WITHOUT causing a big traffic jam, please let me know. We have over a month to go, and so I would like to have some ideas of where might be good spots for this so we'll be ready come January.

When I get there Friday morning, I'll be scoping out the place, and when I decide on it, I'll either post an announcement on a bulliten board, or just simply ask me when you see me Friday morning (or Saturday for last-minute inquiries) and I'll tell you when and where. Right now let's shoot for:

DAY: Saturday, January 24th
TIME: 1:00PM

Between 12pm-12:45pm I'll be walking around looking for cosplayers, and telling them about the photoshoot. Once we determine the spot, please go and mingle around (even before I show up) so you can settle in, and then at 1pm I'll call out to everyone who's there to line up in a specific spot and try to get everyone seen without blocking anyone behind them. (That tends to happen a lot, so please be corteous to behind you, sitting or standing.)

After the photographers take their pictures, the group will be dismissed and free to go on their way, but I'll still be in the area, taking pictures of cosplayers whom I didn't get solo pics of yet. So say like you show up in the photoshoot in a NEW costume (hasn't been seen before) and I get your costume in the GROUP photos, if you would like me to take some solo pictures, please come up and ask me and I'll be happy to.

That's the tentative plan for now.. Now we just need to find a place to have this photoshoot, which will be fun. With that in mind.. suggestions? (it would help if you've been there before and know the layout of the hotel and/or convention center to suggest a spot, or check out the hotel's website and check out the slide-show & virtual-tour for ideas.)
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

Oooh I'm there. As for a where, I don't know. Is it set up like the DC Hyatt, with the multiple levels and stuff?
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2003, 02:06 PM   #5
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

I'd love to do a photoshoot ^^
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #6
Reiko-chan
Fan of All Trades

Count me in! ^^ I'll be wandering around on Saturday as Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN, so I'll try my best to remember and drag my group along with me! We're also doing One Piece, but that's probably going to be Friday.
Reiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #7
Dragon Sama
Got Plushie?

Eh... hehe. I guess we were thinking upon the same wavelength at the same time ^^ See you all there!
Unread 01-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #8
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I will probably be wearing white mage Yuna at that point. ^^; I'll be there! =P
Unread 01-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #9
KaoruNoTenshi

Talking

I'm not quite sure if this would exactly work out very well, but I noticed a little while back on a choir trip that there's a nice little place just across the street (and perhaps a bit off to the side of the building -- hey, it's been awhile!).

It's a bit like an outdoor garden type place, and it's rather pretty. ^_^; Though, I'm not quite sure if you can get access to it (though it seems you can, as we were able to walk through, and I was able to see the Hyatt from where I was).

Just a suggestion on the pretty place I've noticed before. Maybe someone can go check it out before con time.
Unread 01-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #10
Dragon Sama
Got Plushie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruNoTenshi
I'm not quite sure if this would exactly work out very well, but I noticed a little while back on a choir trip that there's a nice little place just across the street (and perhaps a bit off to the side of the building -- hey, it's been awhile!).

It's a bit like an outdoor garden type place, and it's rather pretty. ^_^; Though, I'm not quite sure if you can get access to it (though it seems you can, as we were able to walk through, and I was able to see the Hyatt from where I was).

Just a suggestion on the pretty place I've noticed before. Maybe someone can go check it out before con time.
It sounds like a good idea, but remember its winter. I'm sure the place is pretty with all the snow, but we don't want red noses ^^ Brrrrrrr
Unread 01-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #11
KaoruNoTenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sama
It sounds like a good idea, but remember its winter. I'm sure the place is pretty with all the snow, but we don't want red noses ^^ Brrrrrrr
Snow? What snow?

-glances around to surroundings-

Currently, in my area of Ohio (30 minutes SW of Columbus), we have no snow, a freaking TON of rainfall left over, which is freezing over, and near 0 temperatures with wind chill. >.>;; So, not much snow promised, but it might be cold.
Unread 01-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #12
Isis Ishtar
~~*MapleCroix*~~

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is a little garden like place, but as someone above stated, it'll be covered with snow and all frosted over. Currently in Columbus, it was 12 degrees F this morning and there was about 1-2 inches of snow that had fallen overnight. My high school is a campus and so we had to freeze our butts off getting from building to building! My school is a few blocks from the Hyatt. So I don't think an outdoor photoshoot would be a good idea. If I ever have some time, I may be able to get to the hotel to scout out a spot, but I'm pretty busy right now.

This is not the end...
For time will always flow...

UPCOMING COSPLAY
Terezi Pyrope (default outfit, Homestuck)
Feferi Peixes (default outfit, Homestuck)
Tahiri Veila (Conviction cover, Star Wars EU)
Isis Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #13
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

You never know, Ohio weather can be pretty freakish. Last week, it was in the upper 40's low 50's near Cleveland OH. I was leaving my coat in my car at work. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the weather will be like then. =P
Unread 01-08-2004, 06:39 PM   #14
marsie
Busty MacHumps

Okay it is snowing.....a lot....
Since the con will be in the Convention Center that is connected to the Hyatt...there will be some hundred thousand places to do photoshoots,
I suggest down on the first level near the opening to Nationwide BLVD. It has a huge staircase. ^_^

I think that it will be waay to cold. For anything outdoors.

I can take a short jont over to the place and get pictures of the area's if this would help?

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
marsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #15
JgPocky
Eat more chicken!

I'd like to participate, but I doubt that the weather would cooperate for any pictures outside. Mybe things will change in two weeks.