Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 12-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
MelodyPond

Puella Magi Madoka Magica meet-up?

As Metrocon's date nears, I was just wondering if anyone would like to have a Puella Magi meet-up? I'm cosplaying as Homura, and I'm trying to rope some other people into cosplaying Puella Magi with me. I thought it might be fun to meet up and maybe see if we could have a shoot or something.
MelodyPond is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I originally planned to make a Godoka, and if things go well I might have it ready for Metro. If not I could always bring Charlotte!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts, Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
MelodyPond

That'd be great! I just love that show so immensely and would like to meet others who like it as well.
Unread 02-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
xiiatherandom
Trilby's slave

I might cosplay either Sayaka or Kyoko.

EDIT: Or now a whole new Madoka door has opened up. I might go as her.

Last edited by xiiatherandom : 02-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.
xiiatherandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
MelodyPond

Sounds good, I don't expect many people are doing the Puella Magi, but it's always fun to find those who are.
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
xiiatherandom
Trilby's slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyPond View Post
Sounds good, I don't expect many people are doing the Puella Magi, but it's always fun to find those who are.
You never know. I saw a Madoka last year. So who knows?

UPDATE: I might not be able to afford the Puella Magi cosplay. I might have to do someone from Durarara instead. But we'll see what happens.

Last edited by xiiatherandom : 02-15-2012 at 05:57 PM.
xiiatherandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
heyheyallright

I'm totally up for being a part of this. I have a Mami cosplay that I would love to wear for a photoshoot!
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
MelodyPond

Awesome! I was thinking that maybe we could meet up on Friday or something, depending on who wears what costume. Just to keep track, even though I don't expect there to be too many people;

Madoka- Hime_no_Toki (godoka)
Homura- Melody Pond (me, haha)
Mami- heyheyallright
and xiiatherandom may join us as someone if the money comes up. if not, we all understand

It'd be quite cool to me if we could bug enough people so we have all 5 of the girls... hmm, I may just bother some of my friends into considering a Madoka cosplay.
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
PookiiBear
Futuristic Space Girl

xD, Seems like there are going to be a quite a few Madoka characters though, this year xD

I am already planning on attending FAE and AFO as Madoka (and a couple other cosplays) and hopefully I shall attend Metro as well.

I'm not sure about Metro, but I know two Mamis, two Homuras, and a Kyoko that are all cosplaying at a few Central Florida cons this summer xD.
PookiiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Eiruka
Magical Girl

This will be my first time at Metrocon, and I would be delighted to meet some of my fellow Puella Magi ~

I have Mami planned for the whole weekend, and I'll be accompanied by school uniform Madoka and Sayaka, a Casual!Kyoko and my boyfriend as Human!Kyubey. I also have a friend who may be doing Homura. I'm sure we'll have more than enough for a meet-up or photoshoot!
Eiruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
MelodyPond

Great! With lists of people popping up, I really do think we should start to try and set up a meeting date and possible photography. I know some people who would be happy to photograph, and I myself have a fairly nice camera that could potentially be used. However, if anyone knows anyone else, that'd be awesome.

For the date, I'm leaning towards the Friday in the afternoon. I have a group planned for Saturday, and the costume then required quite the amount of make-up, so a Saturday photoshoot would have to be done in the morning. I doubt that anyone will really want to do Sunday, but if it looks good, then we can do it then too.

Also, with the fact that we have a magical girl version of everyone except Sayaka, I may cosplay Sayaka instead so that we could possibly have photos of the whole cast for each person or something. Either way, try to get back to me.
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
lazer684
The Whale Shark

Oh my goodness, Homura is my favorite character. Sadly I won't be cosplaying from that series this year, but I'll defiantly try to find you so I can get a picture.
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
MelodyPond

Alright, so with Metro being a month away now, I've figured that I'll be wearing a Puella Magi cosplay way too much as I have THREE of the girls now. I don't think I'll do a meet, due to the smaller fanbase, but if anyone wants to, just wear your Puella Magi costume on the base floor of metrocon where all the panels are and I'll take a nice photo for you, as I think that's nice anyways.
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
heyheyallright

I'll be wearing Mami on Friday and possibly part of Saturday, depending on my mood. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for other people in Puella Magi cosplays!
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Kia-arra

I'll have my Mami costume on Saturday and Sunday, but not on friday (today) so if there's plans to meet up tomorrow morning let me know, I'll try to make it out!
Kia-arra is offline   Reply With Quote