Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
CosplayAnsa

Cosplay-inspired fashion...?

Just wanted to ask and see if anyone here has ever incorporated cosplay into their actual wardrobe. I'm writing an article for a project, and I need some input from the cosplay community about how this sort of a hobby affects your everday style.

Like, for me, for instance - a lot of my wardrobe is either Final Fantasy-based or K-pop based. I buy the same sort of boots or jackets or accessories I see in music videos of my favorite bands or buy clothing that resembles something Yuna or Tifa or Lightning would wear.

Just wondering if anyone else ever does this type of thing. Let me know, please!
CosplayAnsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

I look at cosplay and anime/sci fi outfits and try to incorporate elements into my daily wardrobe. But I am not really a cosplayer.

http://lightning--baron.deviantart.com/
Lightning Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

All the time.

Actually, for people who want to have everyday outfits that emulate or reference favorite characters, there are some tumblr pages. I'm not sure which other ones exist, but two I watch are http://tardis-wardrobe.tumblr.com/ for Doctor Who fans and http://disneydesigns.tumblr.com/ for Disney fans.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
levelsixtyseven

I think it's very interesting topic and I would believe many (especially in a big cosplay community) intertwine their cosplay with daily wardrobe.

Although I'm not quite sure if it's right to say that there TWO different types of wearing cosplay chic in daily life. I see many anime fans in the mall or school who wear anime hats, goggles, and merchandise around their hips and neck. This is a generalization and a stereotype, but people call them fanatics, geeks (aren't we all), or otakus.

However what you're saying is actually incorporating intricate character designs from anime and videogame and embedding them into daily wear which in combination makes a unique new fashion style. I see a big difference between what I wrote previously and this new combination of fashion. Maybe that's just me.
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

I do all the time!

Pleated skirts, gloves, ties, boots, dresses
I mix and match my cosplay items with my everyday clothes.
Why let the stuff sit in the closet and collect dust??
i even wear my darker colored cosplay wigs sometimes because they are too expensive to just be sitting around.

Other people wear what they want and show off their style..so I should too.
My mom use to get upset when I would wear my cosplay stuff, but she accepts it now.
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Vicky
Now with more bwag

Funny you should mention it, I logged on specifically because I'm looking for cosplay-inspired commissioners. Not having much luck though >_<
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Kittily
Little Monster~

I like the idea of taking inspiration from your favourite characters/looks for outfit/look ideas. I'm tempted to buy a few wigs to wear every so often because I just love them so much on their own, with the normal outfits I wear.. xD

FINAL FANTASY, FASHION, DECODEN, & SAILOR MOON LOVER.
Kittily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
Odile
Comic Book Zombie

I like american superhero inspired fashion, I follow this blog for everything from jewelry to outfits and this one for specific designs.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

well at school ppl think im the emo kid which irritates me cuz its like- NO! NO.nononono.thats not it! and im not exactly allowed to wear cyber lox at school lols i think they count that as a hat. yeah id be pretty mainstream and normal if i never saw spirited away when i was like 5. glad i did. makes ppl think im interesting and "abnormal in a good way?"
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Secretwish1

Weird!

Ive tried to find clothes or accessories (that are cosplay inspired) that are a little weird to mix and match with my regular clothes, but i can never find things! Luckily I went to school for design so i know how to create clothes that look like clothes that video game characters would wear.
Im kind of getting inspired to create a whole wardrobe of video game inspired clothes just for the hell of it. Its always fun to shake things up
Secretwish1 is offline   Reply With Quote