Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 12-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #1
Paul Soth

Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament at Ohayocon

That's right, and I'm the guy who has to run it. Not only is the post here to tell everyone about if in case you want to play, but it's also a plee for help... as in anyone who wants to help out running and judging it. Kinda at a lost for rule updates and the like. Anyone who helps out gets a staff badge and all that fun stuff, so if you think you'll have the time, drop me a line.
Paul Soth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Isis Ishtar
~~*MapleCroix*~~

Some Questions

Well, I guess I could be of some help. I (occasionally) play YGO, although I'm not very up to date with the rules and stuff, cuz I haven't played for a while, so I guess I probably wouldn't be to good for judging, but I could probably help out with some other stuff. I'm (hopefully) going to be cosplaying Isis/Ishizu with a few friends (who may or may not be cosplaying Yugi and Malik), so I would probably fit right in.

But I was wondering what ages you'd want helping (I just turned 15 on the 29). Also, do you know what the schedule is and when the tournament will be taking place? I really don't want to have to miss a panel or event that I'm interested in attending. But if you want my help, I'll do my best.
Isis Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
Paul Soth

Sadly, all I really know is we're aiming for Saturday. I put in a max for 32 players, and I suggested that if necessary that the tournament be cut into two parts, before and after the cosplay.

As for the age bit... I'm really not sure about that. But, I'm looking for anyone who knows the flow of the game and would be able to tell if a move is legal or not.
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
Isis Ishtar
~~*MapleCroix*~~

Well, I know the basic rules... It's the new ones I haven't really played by (the new rules added for the Legacy of Darkness set and any after that), but I could do some studying.

Do you have anyone else helping yet? I'm sure if you had more than one person, it'd be easier.

Wondering: Do you yourself play the game, or did the Ohayocon staff just pick you to run it?
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Paul Soth

Actually, I was asked if I wanted to run a non-electronic gaming department. However, things kinda came down to the wire, and now it's just this for now after all the requests on the messageboard. Hopefully, when the con gets all of the hotel next year I'll be able to have my own gaming room and department for CCGs, RPGs, and Wargames.

Drop me an e-mail at PaulSoth@Ameritech.Net
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
Isis Ishtar
~~*MapleCroix*~~

Cool. Well, if you need me to help just let me know ( my email is osirisama@chipscards.com). I hope I can help.

This is not the end...
For time will always flow...

UPCOMING COSPLAY
Terezi Pyrope (default outfit, Homestuck)
Feferi Peixes (default outfit, Homestuck)
Tahiri Veila (Conviction cover, Star Wars EU)
Unread 11-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Duelindaniel

Re:

I could help. I know my way around a deck of cards.
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:49 AM   #8
Paul Soth

Well, aside from a bit of Thread Neromancy, the department can still use help in this area. Drop me a line, my e-mail is still current.