Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Historical Costuming

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #16
SeriousMelAM

Also from Caid. My fiance is a heavies fighter and an armorer and me, I'm very into the costuming. Probably the most detailed thing I've made since joining the SCA was my Italian (Florentine) gown, though I still haven't finished the underdress for it. The fabric is all cut out and ready to go. Other than that, I've outfitted all of my house's heavy fighters in tunics to wear under their armor, and I've made a few bodices and dresses for one of our girls.
SeriousMelAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
lemuries

I used to be active in the West, but then moved to the Meridies to be with my husband. He tried the SCA but it didn't take, so I retired.

I still believe that any day that starts with an "O-yay, O-yay" will be a good one.
lemuries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
Echos

I discovered the SCA about 3 years ago and was pretty active in Mists (mostly Santa Cruz area). I moved down to Caid about seven months ago and really want to get back into the SCA though I'm finding it much more challenging since everything is just so spread out down here.

I'm also currently garbless which doesn't help. Making a new gown is first on my list once I finish the project for my upcoming con.
ComicCon 2014
Comikaze Con 2014 (maybe)

Cosplays
Black Canary - Complete!
Astrid - 5%
Echos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:24 AM   #19
Satine

I am missing a simple kirtle. However all my day wear requires it. Until I get that sorted I'm not going to be able to go to events for a while! It's because I need as much linen as I do silk for the lining and linen is often the most costly plain fabric now.

I'm trying to get my website Frazzled Frau back up online but my sources have all messed up links. So I can either deep link to the image or I can link to the artist page which kind of defeats the purpose. And most of these sites have great document pages to link to but they are not available!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #20
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echos View Post
I discovered the SCA about 3 years ago and was pretty active in Mists (mostly Santa Cruz area). I moved down to Caid about seven months ago and really want to get back into the SCA though I'm finding it much more challenging since everything is just so spread out down here.

I'm also currently garbless which doesn't help. Making a new gown is first on my list once I finish the project for my upcoming con.
Look for your local barony and find their website or chatelaine. Most baronies/shires/whatnot will have a lot of small weekly events (fighter practices, archery, project nights, socials, etc.) so you can still get involved locally without feeling like everything is spread out. (I really miss Caid because it felt like everything was really close to me, whereas I've been in An Tir for the past six months and haven't even made it to a social or project night!)