Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Soulcalibur

Unread 12-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #1
Dj Fiya

I Need Help! (spawn Costume)

Hey everybody! If ne1 of u guys wanna give me advice, i'm all ears. I wanna make a costume of Spawn (Soul Calibur II, Costume 1) just in time for A-KON in June. This will also be the first time that I will cosplay. I live in Louisiana and go to cons all of the time (Numa Rei-No Con!). So if ne1 can give me step-by-step instructions or a material list 2 do this, I will be very happy! Thanx 4 reading. Yeah...I'm a guy.
Dj Fiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2003, 12:13 AM   #2
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

I really hope you don't expect someone to tell you exactly how to make a Spawn costume.

Just do what the rest of us do: Experiment. Try things out, see how they work.

~Nikki
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Shotokan Ryu
Endless Karateka

Well, I certainly wouldn't know where to start, but I do think that if you take a look at http://www.bioweapons.com/

The webmaster has a Bio Booster Armor Guyver costume that looks incredible. You could probably apply the same sort of philosophy to a Spawn costume.

If you're the type that enjoys pain, then I'd suggest making a full-body cast and then sculpting the features you want. Then take a negative of that and make a latex copy, paint it, and you have an incredible looking costume. However, this is the toughest way to go, by far.

The easier way would probably be to get some foam, and attach it to a spandex suit so that you have a "Muscle" suit. Then run the spawn costume over it, so people who watch you get the impression that its actually muscles moving underneath the skin of the costume.

The sewing of the costume is pretty straight-forward, although it'd probably be easier to sew it as a two-piece.

Since few, if any people have actually attempted such a thing, its definitely up to you to research and figure out how you should acheive the look that you want. I'd suggest keeping a website or diary so that you can keep track of what you need to do to stay on schedule.

That's the most help I can give you, good luck!
Shotokan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
DARKNESS-MAN

i made one am going to post it soon
DARKNESS-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote