Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

Steampunk Undertaker ( Kuroshitsuji )

I was thinking of doing a steampunk undertaker anyone know how i should do that or ideas xD pictures? anything?

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

this guy?
http://download.minitokyo.net/Kuroshitsuji.421476.jpg
we need reference pictures XD

if it is, I like his jacket already! :0
I would add rufflies to his undershirt, maybe look up a victorian men's trouser ?
The tie can be a scarfy thing instead.

making the weapon bronzed would look cool. maybe the ribs of the skeleton could be wires instead, and go from there to make it more mechanical
you could turn the glasses into some mad scientist googles, or make fancy opera glasses. maybe the braid thing can be a chain from glasses instead.

I think the jacket is a huge part of the costume and looks good already.. keep all the buttons~
Irarenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

Lol my bad i should have put ref. pictures but...i was short on time lol sorry here's the character ( you had the right character just a different version )

Im more so new to steampunk so i just needed to make sure i got some tips and stuff ^^

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Yokoskitsune

Can probably take bits and pieces from his Mad Hatter outfit (like his hat? and pants) and mix it with his regular outfit ;D

the boots and chain belt are definite keepers, could maybe put clockwork charms in the hair as like a hair clip or something similar. Also add a second, much longer chain for crosses and the like

that's about all I got for his regular undertaker outfit cuz it's not something easily tweaked without going overboard. It'd be easier to steam punk his Mad Hatter outfit imo

not very helpful, but hope this helps at least a bit =D

Severus Snape 90%

Faust VIII 100%

Inuyasha 100%
Yokoskitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Make it a bit... Browner... Sepia tones feel more like 'Steampunk' to me.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Look up Victorian Mourning customs. Jewlery make of hair, crepe for veils and the bit around the hat, unrelieved black and so on. Maybe a wreath of black roses with metal and clockwork bits. Here is a site on fabric. http://members.tripod.com/~Miss_Kady/fabrics.html Alot of Victorian mourning clothes would shatter or fall apart because of the type of fabric used. So maybe a raged look at the collar, cuffs, and hem?
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Misha Aogail

Actually, in all technicality, Undertaker and all characters from Kuroshitsuji could be considered steampunk already. You don't have to add gears or goggles or even change the colors. The thing people forget about steampunk is that true Victorian era steampunk (especially nobles) were starting to experiment with colors so the bright colors Ciel wears is just fine. Blacks and greys are just as good by themselves. Kuroshitsuji would really fall closer to the Wild Wild West/Weird West side of steampunkery, but really there's not much difference, just a change in time period.

As for the sepia and brown tones, that's more due to photo "development" for the time and not what people are wearing. Have you ever gone to a fair and done the old western photo shoots where you dress up in those costumes (and who knows how many funks have been in them...) and take a black and white picture? Same idea, only instead of black and white, it's sepia based. I mean really, I don't see people dressing mono-chromatically for western themed conventions or characters. There is no reason for you to have to change the colors for ANY character you choose to play to sepia toned just to make it steampunk.

I would say start with your basic Undertaker costume and go to a steampunk con. See what everyone is wearing and if you see something you want to add, do so, but don't do it just because. Also, sometimes more stuff will take away from who/what the character actually is. I was at ConTemporal in Raleigh, NC recently and saw a Rorschach that was in nothing more than a suit with a top hat and cane. Steampunk Boba Fett is really nothing more than an altered coloration. Heck, I was both regular Undertaker and Mad Hatter Undertaker and everyone loved my costumes (MH Undertaker is my profile pic). I did nothing extra to it to make it steampunk. Sometimes simple is better, especially in a genre where most people think that more gears and springs makes a better costume.
Misha Aogail is offline   Reply With Quote