Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 06-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Yami Kuroneko
The Onion Princess

Question Help with Skuld's costume...

Yami here. I'm trying to make one of Skulds outfits from Ah! My goddess. I got the picture off a really nice site. And when i saw it i was like how cute! The only problem is making the sides of her skirt thingy stick out like that. I thought about wire but then the shape would look kinda awkward. Also another problem is her staff. What can i make that out of ?

Thanks,
Yami
Attached Images
File Type: jpg school uniformish.jpg (58.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Yami Kuroneko : 06-03-2002 at 05:36 PM.
Yami Kuroneko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
Hopage
Celestial Ball Co-Chair

For the staff hmmm... Aluminum mop handle? Or a thick dowl rod spray painted silver? Yeah sitting with those side things is gonna be hard no mater what you do with it, and fabric stiffener wouldn't help alone... try a wire frame 16 or 14 gauge, (nice and thick) then chicken wire to get the curved part, you might want to cover the chicken wire with a single layer of duct tape or somehting to reinforce shape and make it smooth and less awkward. Then I would just glue the top with your fabric making sure to fold at least an inch unto the other side and then get a more exact pice of fabric for the bottom, unless you figured out somehow tro use gaffers tape or something paintable instead of duct tape for the bottum, I only hope they don't end up being too heavy!

Oh please tell me if I'm any help at all
Anime USA 2007 – Celestial Ball Co-Chair
Anime Boston 2007 – Cherry Blossom Ball Co-Chair / Theme Decorations Committee
Anime Boston 2006 – Program Guide Coordinator
Hopage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Yami Kuroneko
The Onion Princess

I never thought about not being able to sit in them. Woe is me ; _ ;. Guess i'll be left standing at the convention. Thanks for the ideas, i'll be sure to keep them in mind. One more thing though, where would i attch her skirt ? To her shorts or something ? I thought this would be simple, but i'm always up for a little challange!

Thanks a bunch,
Yami Kuroneko

Last edited by Yami Kuroneko : 06-03-2002 at 08:03 PM.
Unread 06-03-2002, 08:04 PM   #4
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

You can make a light staff using a pipe (a thin one) and paint it w/ silver spray. But for the details ... maybe I can send you an e-mail explaining w/ details if you want.

kisses
Legato/Machan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 08:30 PM   #5
Yami Kuroneko
The Onion Princess

That would be great if you can send me instructions! I'd really appreciate them alot. Feel free to e-mail me anytime okay ?

All Hail The Kitty,
Yaami Kuroneko
Unread 06-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
Yami Kuroneko
The Onion Princess

Wah! ;__; Come on people help me out here. Where in the world am i supposed to attach her wired skirt to ? Perhaps her shorts ? Or should I make it a separate piece ? Sayonara!

All Hail The Kitty,
Yami Kuroneko
Unread 06-06-2002, 12:41 AM   #7
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

It doesn't look like it's attached to the shirt; sometimes Skuld's outfits are like that, a shirt with long tails as opposed to a skirt and a skirt. I think you should make a "belt" piece to go around your waist to hold the skirt on, instead of sewing it to the shorts, cause if the skirt winds up being a bit on the heavy side what with the wire, it's gonna kinda pull your shorts down. OO Just put a velcro or snap closure on it.