Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Puppy-Sama
Your Royal Highness

Talking OoT Link's Baldric/Shoulder Belt

I've finished everything except the baldric. I can't figure out how to make those little panels on it. What have some of you used? Thick leather? Fun foam covered in leather? Wood? My panels just look so thin every way I do it. (I'm using faux leather, it's very thick, like sewing through 2 layers of denim). If anyone has any advice I would be forever grateful. I need this thing done by the 26th. =) Thanks LoZ fans!
Puppy-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Puppy-Sama
Your Royal Highness

Never mind. I wound up taking some cheap thin wood (like paper thin wood I got at a craft store foe 2.99) and putting a layer on each side of some 1/2 in thick upholstery cushion, taping all around it with duct tape and throwing some leather over it. It looks flawless, probably should have made a tutorial, but if anyone has an questions, I can help you out. Also, poo on those cosplayers that refuse to share their "tricks of the trade". I found a lot of you that refused to help other cosplayers when asked these questions in your comments section in pics, not just here but devart too. Help your fellow cosplayers and SHARE! Also wtb a good alternative ear tutorial.
Puppy-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
jindrax

The part where the concho is on the baldric? If you ever want to do it in leather, I just soaked a piece of leather in some water and put a couple of rubber bands around it and let it dry.
jindrax is offline   Reply With Quote