Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
nyxed
formerly known as ali

Bearded cosplayers?!

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to cosplay for Anime Boston but he refuses to shave because he thinks it makes him look stupid (...with good reason ^_^; but nobody can come up with a character that has facial hair, and he wants to be *accurate* ><;; Can anyone else think of a bearded anime/game character? Or do you think I should just convince him to cosplay as something different a bit inaccurately? What do other guys do? =/

Thanks!
nyxed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

The only one I can think of is Jet from Cowboy Bebop, and that guy from Lupin III (yeah, so helpful >_<). Anyways, how accurate he wants to be is up to him. I'd rather cosplay my favorite characters than characters I look like but dislike.
Unread 12-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

there is a guy with a full beard and mustache in Laputa/ Castle in the Sky (One of Dola's sons)

I seem to remember a guy with facial hair in Plastic Little but I could be remebering a differant show.

There a few in Record of Lodoss War (Ghim the Dwarf, King Kashu and I think the king Parn's dad served under as well).

This is tough. If I think of more I'll post them.

From,
Joe

EDIT: Chang from KOF has a full beard and mustache as well but is he would need a bald cap.

Last edited by JoeBoeing : 12-27-2003 at 03:34 PM.
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
nyxed
formerly known as ali

Thanks guys ^_^ I got another idea, too... What about people with masks? Heeehehe... ^_^;; That sounds evil of me, but... We could just cover him all up ;D
nyxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

People w mask - Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu has facemask
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #6
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

How beardly is his beard? Is it a trash 'stache? Or are you talking full blown Wild Man of Borneo beard?

Gendo Ikari from Evangelion has a beard.

Freakin guys and their beards... I'm always and forever chasing after mine, telling him to shave. But his beard isn't nice and thick. He can grow a decent goatee, (Thank God he dosn't, or I promise you I'd shave him as he slept.) but the rest of his beard comes in sorta patchy, and just yeah... Guys freak when we girls don't shave our legs nice and smooth, is it so unreasonable to ask a guy to NOT look unkempt?
Unread 08-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #7
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

I can concur with the patchy thing, Lilli. My boyfriend can grow a very nice goatee ... and quite a nice beard. But he gets this little 'ratfink' mustache (y'know ... the kind that look thin and greasy). Plus he grows a goatee but refuses to shave till he has quite a noticeable short coat of hair matching his impossibly bushy goatee.

At any rate, one individual with a nice beard is King Hell Bass, from Violinist of Hamelin. Military outfit and all! People might not recognize him but hey, it's a costume
I'd also recommend the Ox King from Dragonball Z.
Unread 03-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
allthatsgeek
MINE.

there is also Asuma from naruto. General Yamato from bleach has a HUGE beard.

I would also like to add, shaving my beard for Otakon is probably the most depressing time of my life. I sculpt trim and cultivate my beautiful, rugged beard, and I have to shave it. >.<
AnimatedPoison: One for each weeaboo who has died at his hands.
Yeah, that's how I roll
allthatsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

The Count from Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo has a beard ^_^

~Ari-chan
Unread 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Doesn't Rude from FF7 have a goatee sort of thing? But remember that cosplaying isn't restricted to anime/video games, so if there's a recognizable character with facial hair he likes from some other media, he could always cosplay that.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #11
Sin Satarume

A picture would help a lot, but off hand I can only think of is the guy from Resident Evil, Berry I think his name was.... and that one guy from Ghost In The Shell: SAC. Why does he HAVE to have a bearded character?
Sin Satarume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
EXsoldierSNAKE

Barry is good, or go as Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3
Unread 01-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #13
thedueldude

i feel for the guy. i have a beard too. try either jack sparrow (potc) or coop (megas xlr). i go as either one.
thedueldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #14
alex182

Does anyone know of any anime/manga that has vikings? I know there was a game once, and there have been movies, but I an't think of any anime with them.

I'd love to find something that I could pull off with my beard too, I just look silly without a goatee at lease.
alex182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Lady Sunagi

why not cosplay Billy Mays the Oxy Clean guy.
Lady Sunagi is offline   Reply With Quote