Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 12-28-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Convention Discussion etc.

Hey guys! I felt kinda bad that the "Pictures" thread was turning into a discussion group, so since I participated in the digression, I decided to open this up for off topic subjects of all kinds ^^. So feel free to talk about the convention, anime, or just whatever!

Unread 12-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

What were we talking about?
Darxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxim
What were we talking about?
Lol, I think I was talking about what convention I was going to. I explained that I can't go to both, because of money. I will probably end up going to Animazement, because Adam S. from the Karaoke at Anime USA lives pretty close to me here in Virginia, so he can give me a ride down. I've already been to Anime Mid-Atlantic. It was pretty cool (first convention), but I don't think I really want to go again this upcoming year. I need time to work on my costume and all, anyway.
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
UnwantedKikyo
Gekkoh

AMA is like 5mins. from my house no joke..so thats gonna be like my local con. haha ^_^'
-Twilight Sparkle
Come see me at the Head Kandi booth!
UnwantedKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #5
CHAOS
Computer Geek

You all are lucky. I live in the middle of Otakon and Katsucon.
Unread 12-29-2003, 01:45 PM   #6
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWings
Lol, I think I was talking about what convention I was going to. I explained that I can't go to both, because of money. I will probably end up going to Animazement, because Adam S. from the Karaoke at Anime USA lives pretty close to me here in Virginia, so he can give me a ride down. I've already been to Anime Mid-Atlantic. It was pretty cool (first convention), but I don't think I really want to go again this upcoming year. I need time to work on my costume and all, anyway.
But you're going to go to Katsucon, right?
Unread 12-29-2003, 03:00 PM   #7
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Ya know, I'm considering maybe going to Anime Mid-Atlantic if it doesn't interfere with my graduation or anything. Could be a way of having my version of a graduation party too. But I don't know...really depends on who else is going as I would need a ride and a room.

So, is it worth going to?
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #8
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

I enjoyed this year's AMA. I think it's worth going to. I'm going.
Unread 12-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #9
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Quote:
I enjoyed this year's AMA. I think it's worth going to. I'm going.
You went to this years AMA??? COOL! Who were you dressed as?..Or Did you do anything significant that I would know you by? I was dressed as Rinoa, like I said, and I had the wings painted on the back of my blue duster. I was like, one of five there though...Lol. I can not find a picture -anywhere-*sigh*
Oh by the way, I don't think I'm going to go to Katsucon. It's too soon, and I'm friggen broke. I dunno. We'll see what happens. I live like an hour or two away from a bunch of cons, so I'll end up going to them all eventually at some point in time ^^.
Unread 12-30-2003, 01:20 AM   #10
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

I wasn't cosplaying at AMA. I was manning the Anime USA table for most of it. That's not why I wasn't cosplaying, I just wasn't cosplaying at the time. I was also failing miserably at interviewing cosplayers on video camera. It wouldn't have been so bad if the nightvision mode hadn't been on for half the interviews.
Unread 01-01-2004, 08:44 PM   #11
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Quote:
I wasn't cosplaying at AMA. I was manning the Anime USA table for most of it. That's not why I wasn't cosplaying, I just wasn't cosplaying at the time. I was also failing miserably at interviewing cosplayers on video camera. It wouldn't have been so bad if the nightvision mode hadn't been on for half the interviews.
Lol that's too bad. I think I remember people interviewing at Anime Mid-Atlantic. I remember getting interviewed, but I'm not sure if it was you guys.
Unread 01-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #12
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

Yeah, from what I heard, I wasn't the only one doing it.

Who/what were you cosplaying as? I may have video. You weren't that girl in the Hellsing dog outfit, were you? That was surreal. "It's the Hellsing Alucard dog. It's got a cute female voice. My head hurts now."
Unread 01-02-2004, 03:06 PM   #13
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Quote:
Yeah, from what I heard, I wasn't the only one doing it.

Who/what were you cosplaying as? I may have video. You weren't that girl in the Hellsing dog outfit, were you? That was surreal. "It's the Hellsing Alucard dog. It's got a cute female voice. My head hurts now."
Rofl, no I wasn't the dog girl. I was Cosplaying as Rinoa from FF8. I had shoulder lengthish auburn hair, and the wings on the back of my blue duster were painted on. I don't remember what I said in the interview, though. Lol. I probably made an idiot of myself. Oh, I forgot the black ribbon on my arm because we were in a hurry on the way out of the house, and I didn't have a weapon (or a Squall)
Unread 01-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #14
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

I remember the painted-on wings. I'm going to have to go watch that video again, now.

I was the one with long, brown hair, and an unbuttoned long-sleeve shirt over top of a T-shirt (probably Pink Floyd), thin beard.

The interviews were my answer to not cosplaying myself. That, and I watched Cosplay Encyclopedia, and thought to myself, "I can do that. That's easy." Yeah, the guy doing those interviews had a lot more charisma than I do. Everything's always harder than it looks.
Unread 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #15
AngelWings
Happy Panda

Quote:
I remember the painted-on wings. I'm going to have to go watch that video again, now.

I was the one with long, brown hair, and an unbuttoned long-sleeve shirt over top of a T-shirt (probably Pink Floyd), thin beard.

The interviews were my answer to not cosplaying myself. That, and I watched Cosplay Encyclopedia, and thought to myself, "I can do that. That's easy." Yeah, the guy doing those interviews had a lot more charisma than I do. Everything's always harder than it looks.
Omg *hides face* Lol. World just seems to be getting smaller...
Yeah I think I vaguely remember you. I'm sure I would if I had some visual reference.
I probably made a total idiot out of myself in that video. It was my first convention...Lol...