Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 12-29-2003, 03:42 AM   #1
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

How to convinvce my parent to let me go

I really want to go to another Convention other then Otakon cause I can't wait a year so I tried to talk my mom in to going to another. Any one have any ides on how I can convenice her to let me go? I really want to but !. She got to drive me cause sadly I don't got a drivers license yet 1 year left. then there is the problem on stay there v_v. Which means she would have to take me. That and is it woth going to? Grr hard to explain what I mean by that though. Please help ^_^
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2003, 03:45 AM   #2
Schu
Noisy Alien

Try asking her to make a weekend trip of it, and point out some things she could do in the area while you go. Just make sure and ask really early, and get on her good side.

goodluck
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:13 AM   #3
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

"It's good to be social with one's hobby. You don't want me to end up some introverted recluse who only comes out to work her part-time job which provides just enough money to pay rent on a studio-apartment and purchase countless numbers of books, videos, and useless merchandise, until I die alone in a monument to my solitude, and no one finds me until the neighbors complain about the smell as the morning sun rapidly increases the rate of decay. Then I won't be around to take care of you in 40 years when you're old. Do you want to outlive your child?"

Yeah, that'll work.
Darxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:34 AM   #4
Sorahana
...That was a joke

The only reason I'm going to Katsucon is because of the location lol XD. It's in Arlington,VA so there's tons of stuff to do and Washington,DC is across the river ^____^. My relatives will be sightseeing and stuff while I'm at the con lol XD.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
SquishedFlower
Orangina drinking fiend

katsucon 10 is my b-day present, my parents are also just going to hang out in washington.
Unread 12-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
ShatteredSunset
The Triad

Yeah, unless they're not feeling 'safe' about you being there, it shouldn't be too hard. Crystal City has a lot of things around it to keep relatives happy while you're having fun too.
ShatteredSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 03:00 PM   #7
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

Otakon is my least favorite of the four conventions I regularly attend (Katsucon, Anime Mid-Atlantic, Otakon, Anime USA). I have to drive the furthest, pay the most, be outside the most (which I wouldn't mind if it weren't so hot and humid), and walk distances the likes of which my feet have never known just to get from one place to another. Honestly, the people in wheelchairs laugh at us bipeds at Otakon. On top of the riot-sized crowds, the vast expanses of the Baltimore Convention Center make it difficult to find people. At Katsucon, it's not too hard to find people. Picking them out of the crowd is another story altogether.

If you can get a ride and board with a friend, that would be the best way. "Mom, you don't have to go, and I'll be with my well-respected honor roll friend who's already been admitted into a well-respected college so she can study to be a well-respected lawyer because her mom's a well-respected lawyer, and we won't have to leave the hotel for anything either, so I'll be safe, and there won't be any guys in the room, or drugs, or guys with drugs, or drugs with guys, or guys who sell drugs to other drugs who own well-respected guys... and I'll love you forever and ever, or at least until the buzz wears off. Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase?"

It might work.

Last edited by Darxim : 12-29-2003 at 03:03 PM.
Unread 12-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #8
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

haha it would work if I had a friend going lol thats how I was able to go to Otakon last year would have missed it if not for my friend. humm I will have to come up with something I can't stand one a year with costumes to show off and wear.
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 02:23 AM   #9
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

"They're my people! Dare you to deny me my people? Have at, you!"

This may involve some fencing.

Whereabouts do you live?
Unread 12-30-2003, 09:43 AM   #10
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I like Darxim's ideas but despite the fact they sound pretty harmful for the general public I still think my idea would work ^________^. I mean Washington DC and Arlington! TONS OF STUFF TO DO =D.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote