Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Unread 01-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Altair sword - MuseumReplicas.com

I'm in the planning stages of an Altair cosplay for spring 2012 at Anime North and FanExpo. So I have a bit of a 2 part question.

1) As I have no experience or skill making cosplay weapons (never had to before), I'm going to just spend the money on the licensed LARP weapons from museumreplicas.com. They're a decent price that won't hurt the pocketbook and will save me a lot of headache, and probably better than what I could make myself. Has anyone else bought these weapons? What are your reviews/thoughts on the look, quality, and durability? I won't be fighting with it, or doing anything other than posing for photos. I think I take pretty good care of my cosplay stuff, so it won't even be under unnecessary stress. And another big question - Does it come with a scabbard? Or is it just the sword?

2) If the LARP sword doesn't come with a scabbard, what are some methods of making one that won't require carving wood? I've had a look at featherweight's cardboard tutorial, but My ex-bf attempted his cardboard methods before and I wasn't satisfied with the bulky not-very-realistic result. Altair's scabbard seems to be made of or covered with leather, so I wanted to do the same. I'm just not sure what material to make the core out of, and have it be easy to slide the foam latex sword in and out of, plus not scratch the paint. Maybe if anyone here is experienced with LARP weapons you'd have some advice for me?
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

I've seen this sword in person. It will work for sure, but I was planning on buying it but then after seeing it up close I decided against it. I'm sure the metal one looks better but the LARP one was kinda odd looking, also it does not come with a sheath.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote