Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Mekarah
asserting disingenuously

The Elder Scrolls Cosplay

**As a warning, there may be spoilers for the games in this thread!**

Hi everyone! I keep seeing threads and comments pop up about Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games cosplay, but they've all been pretty specific as to one costume. Which is fantastic! But somewhat limiting. So, I was thinking maybe it would be fun to have one thread where everyone who is making an Elder Scrolls cosplay could share their costume/talk/ask advice too, without having to make a whole new thread that might get lost. I would absolutely LOVE to see all of them and help with them, and it'd be nice for them all to be in one place, yes?

So, what are y'all making? I'm working on the Nightingale Armor/Nightingale Bow so that I can be Karliah. I've just started on the bow so far (I'll post pictures soon, it's basically just a slightly less than shapeless lump of expanding foam right now though!), and am still in the patterning stage of the armor, but I'm seriously considering trying real leather instead of something fake. Which is scary since I've never really used it! But I have time to learn...I hope...

EDIT: Also, I don't know about anyone else, but if we have any other Bethesda games (like Fallout) that people are doing, I would welcome them here too!

EDIT 2: If you're doing Fallout, it does seem like you already have your own awesome thread here, so I'd recommend that one instead! Also, where is there no code for a strikethrough? Pfft.

Last edited by Mekarah : 01-10-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Mekarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
cphantasm89
I like cake!

I've always wanted to pull together a Dark Brotherhood costume. The ones from Skyrim look pretty badass. I'd make it with the Hood though, not the Cowl.
cphantasm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Inertiaticc

I'm not making a full costume (unless my boyfriend decides he wants one for Megacon) but I'm going to attempt to make a Dragon Priest mask.

And since you mentioned other Bethesda games are okay, I already made the boyfriend some Desert Ranger combat armor that he'll be wearing to Megacon. My friend is making an armored vault suit, and by making I mean I'll be making him the armored part. I don't know what armor to make for myself, but I am gunna make myself a deathclaw gauntlet.
Inertiaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
mikcy
subject zero

I already said this in the previous Skyrim thread, but hey, this is about all the Elder Scroll games!

I really want to be Aela the Huntress and/or my character in the steel armor. Both from Skyrim. I'm actually debating between Aela or a Vault 101 suit right now because I have time for a simple outfit. >_>

I can't wait to see the more Elder Scroll cosplay. The Nightingale armour is so bad ass. *_*

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
Mekarah
asserting disingenuously

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphantasm89 View Post
I've always wanted to pull together a Dark Brotherhood costume. The ones from Skyrim look pretty badass. I'd make it with the Hood though, not the Cowl.
Love the dark brotherhood armor. Though I agree that the cowl can be a little wonky looking, hood is far more badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaticc View Post
I'm not making a full costume (unless my boyfriend decides he wants one for Megacon) but I'm going to attempt to make a Dragon Priest mask.

And since you mentioned other Bethesda games are okay, I already made the boyfriend some Desert Ranger combat armor that he'll be wearing to Megacon. My friend is making an armored vault suit, and by making I mean I'll be making him the armored part. I don't know what armor to make for myself, but I am gunna make myself a deathclaw gauntlet.
Ooh! Which Dragon Priest mask do you think you're going to do? And the deathclaw gauntlet will be BA too, and fun to make I bet. Also, I demand pictures of the finished costumes you mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcy View Post
I already said this in the previous Skyrim thread, but hey, this is about all the Elder Scroll games!

I really want to be Aela the Huntress and/or my character in the steel armor. Both from Skyrim. I'm actually debating between Aela or a Vault 101 suit right now because I have time for a simple outfit. >_>

I can't wait to see the more Elder Scroll cosplay. The Nightingale armour is so bad ass. *_*
Yeah, I know there were other threads but they seemed to be more for one particular costume, and I always feel like I'm jumping in and waving my arms and saying "hey, I know that's cool, but LOOK AT ME" when I talk about mine in those if it's not the same costume. So I thought maybe a more general thread would be good too Hope that's ok, definitely didn't mean it any other way than that.

Aela would be awesome! Love the face paint and the Ancient Nord armor is really cool. Hope if you do make it that you post some progress pics in here :> Vault 101 is great too, and hey, definitely more covered up if you think you'll be cold :P
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
cphantasm89
I like cake!

Yea the cowl looks dorky. When I first saw the cowl, I was thinking, "BATMAN!!!"
Then I put in on and that wasn't the case...
cphantasm89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Ghai

This is what I have thus far

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...k/7082aa91.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...k/c4ff35f7.jpg
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Mekarah
asserting disingenuously

Nice! What are you using to carve the horns? Er, and by that I mean, what are the horns made out of, not what tools you're using. Though I wouldn't object to an answer to that either.

I started some of the carving on my Nightingale bow, you can see it in my costume gallery for Karliah. At the moment it's super rough, so I'm still going to go over it and make the lines smoother, as best I can anyway. I'm hoping the paper mache should fix some of those problems as well, once I get to that point. Any and all critiques welcome, it's my first carving project x_x

Hope to see more people's pictures and questions in here! Don't be shy

Last edited by Mekarah : 01-11-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Linksies for yooou
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Inertiaticc

Quote:
Ooh! Which Dragon Priest mask do you think you're going to do? And the deathclaw gauntlet will be BA too, and fun to make I bet. Also, I demand pictures of the finished costumes you mentioned
The dragon priest mask is gunna be put on hold for a bit. I decided to make the metal armor from fallout for megacon in February. So ive got that plus the deathclaw gauntlet to get started on. I'll definitely put up pictures
Inertiaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

While playing Oblivion I considered making the Brotherhood armour...then Skyrim came out and I want to make the Shrouded armour from that...as well as the Nightingale armour (there's just too many to choose from!)

Unfortunately with everything else I have to make, I don't think I'll have time. However, I might be able to do the Forsworn armour since it's in the same style as what I make for Etsy and RenFaires, so it seems very doable My only issue is the hair since I've never made dreadlocks before.

ps. and as far as Fallout (since someone mentioned it) I've got a Vault 101 jumpsuit and a set of raider Painspike armour under my belt, pix in my gallery
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

I'd wet myself (in a good way) if I saw a Forsworn costume cruising around. Here's a guide to dreading synthetic hair--scroll down a bit.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Mekarah
asserting disingenuously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
While playing Oblivion I considered making the Brotherhood armour...then Skyrim came out and I want to make the Shrouded armour from that...as well as the Nightingale armour (there's just too many to choose from!)

Unfortunately with everything else I have to make, I don't think I'll have time. However, I might be able to do the Forsworn armour since it's in the same style as what I make for Etsy and RenFaires, so it seems very doable My only issue is the hair since I've never made dreadlocks before.

ps. and as far as Fallout (since someone mentioned it) I've got a Vault 101 jumpsuit and a set of raider Painspike armour under my belt, pix in my gallery
I know, this game is just filled to the brim with lovely armor. I'm certainly getting in over my head with the Nightingale armor, but I have so much time until I plan to wear it and literally no other costumes on my plate (...yet. I keep toying with the idea of a lady Anders STOP MAKING COSTUMES LIZ YOU HAVE NO MONEY), so I think I'm up for the challenge. I love learning how to use new things to make costumes out of. Currently trying to figure out what leather (weight/type etc) would work best for this sort of thing, if anyone has any tips.

Even the carving for the weapon has gotten tricky...mostly because I can't draw two things the same to save my life, and I have to draw the same thing FOUR times on this thing, ha. right now I keep flipping it over and back and forth and am like, ugh, why do they look the same from one angle and not the other and grr.

I think the Forsworn armor is great, and the dreads are awesome (as are your Fallout cosplays!). If that's the only thing you have to figure out, I bet you can do it.
Unread 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
UnknownGuy247

both me and my fiancée play and i would like her to dress up with me so we can do a skyrim group but im dressing up as the trailer version of dovahkiin and i already stared working on the leather flaps on the front of the armor. i will post pics soon once i get them off my phone.
UnknownGuy247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Ghai

I'm using Styrofoam for the horns. The fact that the spray paint eats away at it a bit kinda helping for a worn effect. However, being the creator, I can't stand the helmet. Too clunky and all. Le sigh, once everything else is done if I have time I'm going to try it again. In about thirty mins me and the GF are working on the fur of our armor. I also have the chest buckle done, using only cardboard, that pipe cleaner wire stuff, and plaster. Wearing underarmor for the chest, then just need to get the pleather for the straps, shoulder, and flaps around the fauld/kilt and we're gravy!
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I might be entertaining the idea of an Elenwen cosplay just because awesome Thalmor-ness and high elf makeup looks like it might be fun!
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote