Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 12-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
allyunion

Sub-Boards for Babble Board

The Babble Board itself seems a bit crowded...

I have a suggestion... although, I do apologize if this might be too much work...

Can we move all the "game type of threads" to a sub-board of the Babble Board? (All of the person above you, person below you, and any other type of Babble Board Game...)

Then all the "Morning Shift" and "Night Shift" and "Lounge" topics to a "Chat Lounge" sub-board.

Oh, and maybe a sub-board for image posting / linking.
Lewis Black: "There is no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults. These are the words we use... to express: frustration, rage, and anger... in order that we don't pick up a tire and beat the s**t out of someone."

Japanese Animation and Cosplay Society
allyunion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2003, 08:00 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I'll look it over tonight and ask the mods what they think as well.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #3
j-chan
Uso! Butter ja nai?!

It might be handy to have a Theatre and Film sub-board as well. Many posts in General Chat were along the lines of, "Have you seen __ movie? It's really good and this is why!" I enjoy those threads, but they take up a bit of space (re: LOTR). It might clear up (even more) room on the Babble Board and prevent other movie threads from invading General Chat. :9
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Sounds like a plan.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 03:32 AM   #5
DigitalCactus
Feels good man.

interesting. I like it.
DigitalCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
allyunion

We might as well throw in Restraunts and Food places to go... ^^;; (Although, I've yet to see it on the board)
Lewis Black: "There is no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults. These are the words we use... to express: frustration, rage, and anger... in order that we don't pick up a tire and beat the s**t out of someone."

Unread 01-01-2004, 12:38 PM   #7
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

I'd like to see a literature board for discussing books, poems and plays and the like.

Sorry, if this would be too much trouble... but I love the idea of having a forum dedicated to books and poetry since I'm an avid reader and sometimes poet.

From,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
Schu
Noisy Alien

I definatley like the idea of the seperate subcategories for the Babble Board, but I think it should be more like "Really Stupid Stuff" "Pretty Stupid" and "Somewhat of a Point." Or something to that effect.
Unread 01-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #9
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

..hmm..let's not over do it with alot of sub-boards. but i do like the idea.
Unread 01-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I haven't discussed this with the mods yet, but the problem does come from having too many boards to post the same topic in. It'd be more about siphoning off a large chunk of relavent topics into their own board than anything else.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #11
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

i have an idea not for the babble board, but costume wise, EGL costumes, half of people post in jrock/jpop and half post in other costumes, could there be either a main category or a sub category for that? It'd make it easier to find info regarding those costumes if there was a specific place to post for egl costumes.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #12
Serria
tea-drinker

Concerning sub-boards...

In the Game Costume board, Final Fantasy has it's own sub-board. Is there any way you could do one for other popular games, like Zelda? (That thread is over 2000 replies...) I think the sub-board idea would be very helpful for the "normal" type boards as well as the Babble board.

And yeah... in the babble board, all the game threads are replied to alot, and things such as movie threads and stuff are only replied to when people actually have something intelligent to say (usually, at least. ). So if there is any way that could work, I support the idea.
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #13
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

Yeah, since general chat is now just cosplay/community related, I agree that splitting the babble board into a games/pure randomness board and general topics with a visable sense of order and meaning amongs posts would be nice (it's hard to dig through all the game and random threads to get to something about a movie or something else slightly less random!)
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 01:30 AM   #14
allyunion

It's like sorting a needle from a haystack... a diversity in the board topics would help looking for a specific topic a lot better. (Although, I don't know how much support anyone would want for a Politics board)

Unread 01-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #15
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu
I definatley like the idea of the seperate subcategories for the Babble Board, but I think it should be more like "Really Stupid Stuff" "Pretty Stupid" and "Somewhat of a Point." Or something to that effect.
I second that motion. ^_^ People want sub boareds within places like the Babble Board, but I'm afraid that if those sub boards are too specific (like one for just movies and one for just food, and a seperate sub board for each different game title) the requests for more specific sub boards will just never stop. Admin does everyone here a giant favour by doing as much as he can for all of us, lets just return the favour and not ask him to stop sleeping for the next 6 days just so he can make a sub board for everything under the sun.

A little more specific would be great, but somewhere the line has to be drawn.

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote