Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Cosplaying at Symphony of the Goddesses?

I just got tickets to the Symphony of the Goddesses, and my brother says that there are always a lot of cosplayers at these concerts. I kind of live by a "trust but verify" policy, so can anyone confirm this for me? Has anyone here been and seen cosplayers, or seen pictures of cosplayers at the concert? I don't want to wear a costume if no one else is >.< I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a cosplay closet. Thanks in advance!
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
Darth Sunshine

I've been to a couple of video game symphonies before, and there have always been a few people there in costume. I plan on wearing one of my Zelda costumes when the symphony comes to my area.
Darth Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
narutokunobsess

I plann to finish Fi by then (March 28). Im getting my mom to help me out.

I don't think they would care either way if you cosplay. I think they would love it actually. I mean everyone love surpises. Mostly its the center that holds it you need to look up, such as props.

Ive been to concerts, such as the gorillaz, and I don't think they care if your in costumes, but the stadium and the vendors holding the event are different rules.
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

I saw a video on youtube of the queue outside the London show, and there some cosplayers in the crowd. Not tons, but you definately see a few Zeldas, Sheiks, and I think a pair of the Twinrova sisters. And a hundred people in every LOZ shirt ever made in the universe.

I was planning on "cosplaying" to the concert as well, when it comes to my area. Nothing that I would consider a full out costume, but I was debating about making Lulu's dress from Majora's Mask. Fancy enough to be performance appropriate...but an hommage to the series, nevertheless.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Melodious Nocturne
~*Melodious Angel*~

I'm wearing my Fi cosplay when i go
Sayaka Miki - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Melodious Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I'll be wearing Skyloft Link to the Orlando event. I'm surprised to see cameras in the London footage, I know the event I'm going to says no cameras or video devices.

If anything this thread is one way to meet other cosplayers going to the same symphony and meet up.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Got my ticket and going as Twilight Princess Zelda at the Atlanta event!
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

Had a blast in cosplay at the concert last Tuesday, and plan to do it again for when it's in Austin!! ^_^ There were a couple dozen others also dressed up, and camera phones were going crazy! A few of us also go into the paper! >_<

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
jawsisra

I want to go to the Symphony but so far the citys listed are no were near me. Either Indy, St Louis, or Chicago are the only places I would be able to go if they hold it. I hoping 1 of the 3 get it because I will do anything to get to go
jawsisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I got my tickets in the mail the other day. So excited! I'm glad to hear there's a fairly good turnout of cosplayers at the performances. I know quite a few people who are dressing up for the Orlando event, including my own boyfriend, so I won't be alone. I'm lucky that the event is literally just 20 minutes down the road from me. It seems they are mostly performing in Canada, Texas, and California. But I'm sure there are a few dates and locations yet TBA.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
narutokunobsess

I got my tickets sunday for the SF one (which is an hour from where I live). And Yay I don't have to skipp out on classes. I only have one class that day.

Im cosplaying as fi, while my friend is Link. Too bad though hes the Ocarnia of time link, but neverless Lnk. Perfect duo for the symphony XD.

And cameras? I don't think its surprising, especially if there is cosplayers running about. Its not illegal to take pictures of the lobby or the stage. I know concerts and people are candy camera happy. Of course, don't do it even though everyone else is doing it XD.
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #12
Hylian Jean

I'd love to go to in costume but all I have right now are Zoras, which don't fit too well into theater seats (and have tall heads, which would annoy the people behind me). XD Maybe I'll wear one of my Majora's Mask replicas around my neck, haha!
Hylian Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #13
Shopping-Ooccoo

Red face Is anyone here going to the zelda concert in philadelphia on 7/25?

Is anyone here going to the Zelda concert in Philadelphia on 7/25? My brother and I are going and we are SOOO excited you couldn't imagine! So if anyone here is going too, it would be really cool to meet one (or two or even three) of you guys there! My brother would LOVE to go in a Link costume but he probably won't have it done by then (we work as fast as zombies);however, there is 97% chance that he would be wearing a Link hat of nothing else. WAIT! SMILEY! DON'T EAT THE BURGER! NOOO!! YOU MURDERER!!!
Shopping-Ooccoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
DarkLordOfFluff
The Dark Lord o'the Fluff

I will be attending the San Francisco Concert as a formal-styled Ganondorf, while two of my friends will be doing formal versions of Midna and Sheik. I know of another friend who is going, and while she does not plan on cosplaying, she is making Link hats for herself and a family member.
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

GOing to the Denver concert myself, will be in full Skyward Sword Link form. :3
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote