Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 01-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

Angry Deadpool weapon Help!

Hey all so im having LOADS of trouble finding a decent looking con-friendly sword and sheath set. I have a leather piece that will do nicely as a way to secure two swords across my back Xstyle, but although iv looked for hours i cant find anything that would work. Also, does anyone have a decent site they could recommend for some realistic looking toy guns?

P.S. I tried these.... http://www.amazon.com/Wrapped-Wakiza.../dp/B002WQELRS
... but they are garbage.

Thanks in advance!
Captain Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

Anyone?
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
FeyMeggan

I'll have to dig around for the URL but you can find fairly inexpensive wooden boken with saya(swords with sheaths) that you can then paint so they'll look real but be con friendly. As for guns, it'll really depend on where you are as to what requirements you have to meet....

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

The requirements to my knowledge are... No moving parts and that there must be an orange tip at the end of the gun.
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
FeyMeggan

Then have you looked into airsoft guns? you can find fairly inexpensive ones on ebay and then you can remove the triggers so you get the 'no moving parts' rule down. And apparently I can't find my original link to the sword stuff, but amazon has them.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

Thank you so much for the link! I will look into grabbing some airsoft guns aswell. Have a good one!
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
FeyMeggan

google is your friend, have fun runnin' 'round

Sanity Check
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
vegsrus
Vegsrus

Hello...i got my airsoft gun for my deadpool costume from the 99 cent store...i covered the orange tip with black tape for pictures...for my swords i just extended the straps of the swords inside the sheaths and cross wrapped it around my body so that they would form an "x" on my back... U can get cheap nice gun toys at the dollar stores...or even get the dollar stores ones and spruce them up a bit...
vegsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Captain Ireland
Pirate Deadpool

I think ill do that thanks I re-checked the rules for Otakon annnn dit looks like ALL airsoft guns are banned, weather they work or not. lame. BUT i DID find a tight lookin toy tommy gun... and with that, and my pinstripe suit i own... will make myself a Gangster pool XD
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
vegsrus
Vegsrus

sounds awesome!
vegsrus is offline   Reply With Quote