Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Unread 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Ps Cs6

Anyone have it yet and have any feedback, features they enjoy, or anything like that? Just trying to get something relevant started outside of "picture of the day."
TykeJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

Well, I don't have 6.0 but then I still have the "new car smell" with CS5.5.
Honestly, I couldn't justify upgrading PS at the rate Adobe releases these versions.
I did jump from CS3 (a perfectly fine version) to 5.5 for the native 64 bit processing but otherwise not much else.

However, I really dislike how Adobe ties ACR updates to CS releases. Lo-be the person who buys a new camera model not supported in ACR mid CS release and has to buy the newest PS to get ACR for RAW file processing.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

If you want the newest ACR but don't need CS6, consider Lightroom. I'm a huge fan of Lightroom for organizing, editing, and publishing (and now printing). Only a tiny fraction of my photos ever see Photoshop - only when I need to do some graphic design or some moderately heavy portrait retouching.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Max_Archer
cosplayshots.com

I had the beta, but I'm back to CS5 since it expired. CS6 is pretty cool, I really like the graphic redesign and some of the interface tweaks. Also really interesting is the video editing they've added - it's relatively powerful, but the cool thing is that everything works in normal Photoshop ways, so those of us from a still world can actually understand what's going on. Exposure tweaks, levels, white balance, all that kind of stuff works just like it does with a still photo.
Max_Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
The Fox
Photographing The Obscure

I have CS6 and I have to say that it is a massive step forward. Adobe made over 2700 updates in things like default settings for tools, tool performance and speed, and streamlining the entire program. It is worth the upgrade for the the speed increase and the easy of use.

Nick
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
Mnguyen8097
MixFotography

I have cs6. I loveee it, but most of the camera stuff in CS6 you can do in CS5. It just takes more time. Big change for me was the graduated ND filter tool in RAW editor. You can adjust the filter by color temp and tint now, instead of finding a color on the palette board. Other than that, most of the options work a bit faster. Panorama stitching, HDR processing, etc.. those all get a performance boost supposedly.

The other big change I saw was a new lens correction/distortion tool, as well as a new render lighting option. Video editing got a bump too, or so I've been told. But I don't do videos (yet!) so.. no idea about that personally.

I'd download the trial from the adobe website and take it for a test drive!
Mnguyen8097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Thank you for all the feedback.
TykeJack is offline   Reply With Quote