Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post
I myself have heard A lot of people say when attending Con's remember to eat.
I have been attending Cons Regularly since 07 (PMX,ALA,AX,SDCC) and whenever attending a Con i ALWAYS forget to eat lol. Time gets away from me and i forget,i don't know how but i forget to eat. I always end up with a major head ache and usually have to miss an event or something even after eating and taking headache medicine.

when i do eat something it's mostly chips,candy bars,soft drinks. which is a no no lol
(sigh) i need to change my diet for con's and Remember to EAT!!!!
My first taught me two VERY VERY important lessons. A) get a hotel with the free breakfast and B) steal as much fruit as you can from that breakfast. It is a nice, quick, healthy, tasty snack for the con. Also, keep a small baggy for trash. You will need to trash the excess from the fruit (i.e. peels, seeds, core).
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

The good thing is, with me losing weight via walking, it's much more reasonable for me to walk out to out of the way food places at cons.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

I have had a very hard time eating at cons, since I normally only go one day, and I get sick if I eat too early in the morning...my first few cons, I barely ate anything at all, unless someone else bought it (I'm a cheapskate haha) but lately I've been trying to at least eat lunch so I don't pass out by the end of the night...lol
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

My second year at AN was my first without parental supervision; which means I did not budget properly for food, and had to bum a burger off my group on the last day. That did not feel so great, so now my friends and I always make a point to go food shopping the night before we leave for that weekend. That, and food vouchers for volunteering, has kept me from ever needing to find food. As far as eating it goes, I still miss about one meal a day, but that's because I'm always super busy (as a volunteer before, and now as staff). Thank goodness for the staff lounge, though, because I never have to worry about paying for a decent meal anymore. People practically shove food in my face, so even though I might forget to eat it, I at least have it in my bag.
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #20
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

I'll already be on a diet by con time so I'll usually bring food and set time frames to grab something to eat, b/c if I don't eat I'll start cramping up (very fast metabolism) which is really annoying.
But yeah, time really flies by at cons

photo portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Flombone-Emi
Witch of Literature

It's really hard for me to FIND things to eat around cons. I can't eat gluten and it really cuts down the choices. Last year at ACEN, my friends traipsed to McDonald's for dinner only for me to find out I basically couldn't eat anything that I WOULD eat (I only eat chicken/turkey. Beef/Pork/Ham/etc make me sick) and I ended up having a smoothie for dinner...not the greatest choice. Luckily, I had brought some pumpkin seeds and a few GF sandwiches which managed to hold me the weekend.....This year I plan to pack a whole cooler of things for myself ^^;
Flombone-Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

I get very hungry and VERY CRANKY if I don't have meals, so usually if I'm in a foul mood I realize I should proobably eat something :'D Sometimes I feel like I have no time to eat because I really get into the excitement of the convention, but as long as I remind myself that I need to eat it hasn't been too much of a problem.

That being said my main issue with food is after the raves! Usually they get out really late and I have a hard time finding any place that's open and not serving really junky food. I ended up going to a 24 hour Dunkin Dounuts after the raves at Connecticon 11 and it wasn't bad but the coffee hadn't been a good idea :'D It made it hard to sleep but I was still dead tired from all the dancing...

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
SeraphicSkitty

The first con I ever went to, I forgot to eat. It was awful and I hardly remember it.
So yes, never forget to eat.
Me and my bf usually take a cooler with sandwiches, fruit, veggies, etc and keep it in the car. It keeps you going without causing a food coma like fast-food usually does, and then I carry a few granola bars in my bag. This always worked out great for us :P
SeraphicSkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
3half

The first convention I ever attended was AUSA 2007. I went with my best friend at the time and her mom and we stayed at her aunt's house. The mom sat us down the night before and set out deli meat and we made sandwiches for whenever we got hungry at the convention. I guess that set me up for success because whenever I plan on attending a con, I always think "Where can I put a lunchbox that will keep my sandwiches from spoiling?"

I think that is the best way to remember to eat. Just the fact that you packed a delicious ham sandwich, grapes, apples, carrots, or even chocolate covered popcorn is enough to keep me from forgetting. Plus the fact that if it's in your bag, you see it when you reach in to get stuff (camera, phone, money, etc).
3half is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #25
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Ohoho, while at a con I never forget to eat. Mostly because I tend to love the idea of going outside of the con to a fast food place and loving the confused looks I get. It's kind of a tradition when I go out with my friends... Alas, I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore since I swore off fast food. But I suppose I can always go with them and bring a packed lunch. XD
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
siliconsaint

I typically bring something to eat at the cons. The food nearby isn't typically that healthy and it's easier to snack throughout the day.
siliconsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #27
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Dragon*Con 09 I lived on booze and cheese. I think I only had one real meal the whole weekend. This is only slightly worse than other D*Cons when I live on booze and chicken nuggets.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
alisia lycide

I usually don't eat during cons... I'll eat something quick once I get home though. Food is generally too expensive there. =[ If we are at NYCC, we'll head out to McDonalds or something since its close to the center. I'm way too excited before the con to eat so I usually wait til I'm home. Which I know isn't smart.
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
streamingjupiter
neko no hitai!

i always forget to eat... and at home, i could swear im a glutton.
basically, i end up eating breakfast (egg and toast) and then eating poky all day...then go home and crash and do it all over again

Recently Completed
-MEIKO Alice of Human Sacrifice [Vocaloid]
-Gumi Matryoshka [Vocaloid]
-Gumi Difficult Love [Vocaloid]
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [Ghibli]

Planned
-Eleanor Lamb [Bioshock 2]
-Gumi Love is War
streamingjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
arockalyptica
Amature costumer

Haha oh god. The first con i ever went to was alcon '09. In 3 days i only ate 6 apples and a pre packed sandwich, wasnt good. I think I was a little overwhelmed by it all tbh

Alcon '10 i pretty much lived on alcohol and ramen, but i remembered to eat properly alcon '11