Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
TheJasmineErin
Geekery to the Extreme

At the last con I went to, I barely ate. In fact, of it weren't for my friend's moms, we probably wouldn't have had anything! XD

Friday, we got to the con late and didn't eat anything. Saturday morning, my friends and I all had a small breakfast of a couple pastries and some tea and orange juice. Later that day, one of my friend's moms ordered pizza, called us up to the room, and we quickly ate a slice or two and left. My other friend's mom brought sodas and M&Ms, so we snacked on those every time we went back to the room.

Another reason we ate so light (at least that morning) is because we didn't want to risk messing up our costumes so early on in the day, which is why my breakfast consisted of only wheat.

That whole weekend I maybe ate one "real" meal. Forgetting to eat at a con is a very real, very dangerous thing. At the next con we go to, we're eating before we leave. :/

Future Cosplays
John Egbert
Sollux Captor
Terezi Pyrope
Kanaya Maryam
Promstuck Vriska
Kurloz Makara
Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
Amon (Legend of Korra)
Denmark (Hetalia)
TheJasmineErin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #47
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Omg, some of these stories...D:!

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Last edited by Moonsong : 01-18-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #48
Mistbreeze
~Life's a Dance~

What we did when we went to A-kon 22 we got a nice hotel ($89 per night) that had a large breakfast. It had an omelet station, cereal, and other hot foods. We ate breakfast every morning excluding friday, because we left so early for the con, and having breakfat made the whole day better. Then Sunday we got to the con extra early and got a great parking spot where we could walk out to the car and get meals out of our handy-dandy ice chest.

Saturday was horrible for food though. We stayed from 9 am- 12 AM. Despite having breakfast I was pretty hungry all day. We only found a small food court that had limited selection and I was tired of it. It wasn't cheap either. We found out about the main food court right when we were leaving on Sunday. Duley noted that when I go back this year I will find the right food court. -.-

Casual Miku- 100%, photoshoot with my Luka

Plumber Peach- 90% hemming shorts and Crown

Morrigan (Dragon Age)- 75% Hemming Top, Sewing the skirt, and accessorize the Staff.
Mistbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #49
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

the biggest problem i had with what i ate at a con was that i had some mana potions and i think they where expired and it casused me to zonk out (more like sleeping potion). but for the other nights i was fine, i got a subway sandwitch and ate half of it when i got it and saved the rest for later when i needed it and i also had power bars and a water bottle so there is not much of a horror story.
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #50
sugarpunch18
User is now Unknowable

Bumping~!
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)
sugarpunch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #51
FianlXCon
Banned

eat healthy

lose weight is one of the biggest thing in my life, but now I eat a lot, after main course, I also have some biscuits, and good news is I haven't get fat, maybe a little bit. I weigh everyday.
FianlXCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #52
Lemon-Squeezy

For me, my first con wasn't bad at all. I think it had a lot to do with I was most excited for photo shoots (Which most occurred at least twice) and there were only a few panels I wanted to see so I had time to eat. However a friend of mine actually got a bloody nose from eating so little!

It probably didn't help she was feeling under the weather in general.

Kastucon 2015
Austrian Succession Spain - Hetalia
Ryuko (Maybe) - Kill la Kill
Flora (Maybe) - Professor Layton

Otakon 2015
Ryuko - Kill la Kill
Austrian Succession Spain - Hetalia
Flora - Professor Layton
Sasha Blouse - Attack on Titan
Lemon-Squeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #53
improvised

I don't have any stories to share, but I'm going to my first con this weekend, so that might change. Anyway, I plan on bringing a bento with lots of veggies and onigiri, so hopefully, I'll be able to eat healthy for the most part.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #54
Mintpuff
Idol

My con has a subway so I just ate there.... xD and I ate some candy and of course had breakfast before I went
Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Mintpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #55
Loveless12

Dippin' dots and string cheese for all of otakon.

Oh and water.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #56
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

I usually forget to eat at cons, the thought to stop and eat always seem so bothersome.
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
FianlXCon
Banned

that's a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMokona View Post
When I go to a con, I always make sure to bring a few protein bars and some other easy to carry nutritious snacks (maybe a baggy of triscuits or the like for fibre, and apple per-sliced, nuts, etc). I'm try to stay healthy at cons (even with fast food right beside the con) so I bring a lot of pre-packed healthy snacks.
it's a good idea to prepare some snacks, but sometimes we just too busy to eat them, at con we may forget starving. ^^
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #58
FianlXCon
Banned

professional cosplayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJasmineErin View Post
At the last con I went to, I barely ate. In fact, of it weren't for my friend's moms, we probably wouldn't have had anything! XD

Friday, we got to the con late and didn't eat anything. Saturday morning, my friends and I all had a small breakfast of a couple pastries and some tea and orange juice. Later that day, one of my friend's moms ordered pizza, called us up to the room, and we quickly ate a slice or two and left. My other friend's mom brought sodas and M&Ms, so we snacked on those every time we went back to the room.

Another reason we ate so light (at least that morning) is because we didn't want to risk messing up our costumes so early on in the day, which is why my breakfast consisted of only wheat.

That whole weekend I maybe ate one "real" meal. Forgetting to eat at a con is a very real, very dangerous thing. At the next con we go to, we're eating before we leave. :/
you guys are so profession on cosplay, and how can you be so passion with cosplay without eating?
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #59
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

well at otakon 2012, i lost around 5.5 lbs at the end of the 3 days. dear lord i knew i felt sick from not eating but when i looked at my scale my jaw dropped. i gained it back the next day though. all of it. lol
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #60
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I tend to forget to eat a lot at cons..that is to say when I can actually get myself to eat.
I have really bad anxiety issues...so the Thursday night before a con starts up until probably later Sunday I can barely eat anything other than small snacks and tea to keep my blood sugar up.
It's no wonder I keep losing so much weight ._.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote