Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 04-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #46
SiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasemycat View Post
Hey there! I'm planning to go to dragon*con for all four days, and have been planning to make an Artemis cosplay. I'm not very experienced, but I have practiced sewing and will be dedicated to doing a good job!!! I'm thinking about making all parts of her costume, including a bow and quiver (however I have NO clue how to make the bow.) may I join your group?

- chasemycat
Of course! Could you do me a favor and make a page for it and keep us updated on your progress? It's nice to keep tabs on everyone/thing. (I'm falling behind on mine, myself-- so shh, I'm not going to nitpick big time.)
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
Chasemycat

I just put a page up for it! My summer break is coming up, so i will definitely have the time to get some major work done on it
Chasemycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
endo500

Hey Chasemycat welcome to the group! Glad to see we finally got an artemis. It would have been a huge missing piece if we didn't have an Artemis. Also Chasemycat feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want some suggestions on how to make your costume. I'm pretty good at finding clever solutions at getting around not having a lot of experience / full workshop to build props in.

Also I think we should try to look for potential doubles/replacements of characters in case someone doesn't make it. Just because even with the best intentions someone could not make it or not finish their costume in time.

This team is really coming together. I think we are only missing a Rocket. I know there is another YJ supposedly going to D*Con, so having a Rocket would help our group standout

Loki Agent of Asgard 30% Complete
Buccaneer Nightcrawler 30% Complete

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Sentinel Robot (Version Undetermined) 5% Complete
Killer Instinct Jago or Fulgore (Delayed)
endo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #49
SiggyStardust

Is there, endo? Do you have any contact information? There's no reason why we couldn't have doubles. Also I'll update the front page sometime later today.
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
endo500

I don't have the direct contact information for the group. I have only seen their posts in the super hero costuming forum. However I do know they are more on the exclusive clickish side. In their initial forum post they have a comment about not wanting multiples of costumes. So I don't think they will be receptive to having us join them. So which is why we need to have a kick-ass group Plus if we have a full team from the entire season 1 we'll have a better chance at being picked for the official YJ photoshoot that happens Saturday.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #51
Chasemycat

Have we been signed up to march in the parade yet?? If not, then here is the website to do it on: http://www.dragoncon.org/events.php
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #52
tokomo16

Hello I am planning to go as Zatanna for Dragon Con and was wondering if I could possibly join your group. I'm sorta new to cosplay however have been to Dragon Con before and would love to have a group to go with if possible.
tokomo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #53
endo500

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokomo16 View Post
Hello I am planning to go as Zatanna for Dragon Con and was wondering if I could possibly join your group. I'm sorta new to cosplay however have been to Dragon Con before and would love to have a group to go with if possible.
Welcome to the group Tokomo. Glad to have you apart of the group. Man with all the zatannas we are going to have we can do a shot were everyone is standing next to a different one haha.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #54
tokomo16

Haha well thank you and that would be an interesting picture. Perhaps Zatanna cast a duplication spell on herself?
tokomo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #55
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Having back-ups/extra is a great idea. Especially since I may cancel my Dragon Con plans, BECAUSE OVER $300 FOR A 2 HOUR FLIGHT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! I'll know by June, because eff that noise.

As for the season 2 opener, NOT GONNA LIE, PRETTY AMPED FOR THE NEW SEASON.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #56
Chasemycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo500 View Post
Welcome to the group Tokomo. Glad to have you apart of the group. Man with all the zatannas we are going to have we can do a shot were everyone is standing next to a different one haha.
Heyy endo, tokomo is the zatanna that I told you about in the PM!!
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #57
endo500

@Starwind824 Good point about flights I need to get on top of that. Oh no I hope we don't lose our Superboy. It's funny that is the one character you could legitimately have 2 of and it would make sense with the TV. I haven't seen the new episode yet, hopefully it will be available later today.

@Chasemycat ahhh that makes sense now. I was like wow what are the chances of us having like 3 Zatannas. That still would have been a cool photo-op where she cast the duplicate spell and we have multiple ones.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
@Starwind824 Good point about flights I need to get on top of that. Oh no I hope we don't lose our Superboy. It's funny that is the one character you could legitimately have 2 of and it would make sense with the TV. I haven't seen the new episode yet, hopefully it will be available later today.
Airtran is SUPPOSEDLY having a sale in June. I paid about $250 round trip for the ATL 2 years ago, and while I know prices have gone up, $320 (not including luggage) from NYC to ATL is insane.

And YS:I episode 1 is on the youtubes as of last night, so you're good.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #59
endo500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Airtran is SUPPOSEDLY having a sale in June. I paid about $250 round trip for the ATL 2 years ago, and while I know prices have gone up, $320 (not including luggage) from NYC to ATL is insane.

And YS:I episode 1 is on the youtubes as of last night, so you're good.
Starwind what part of NY are you from? I live in Manhattan now. So i'm in the same boat as you for ticket prices.

Also thanks for the heads up on looking on Youtube for episodes. I always wait for them to get put up on Newsgroups. The only problem is that it takes a few days before they get put up.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #60
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Starwind what part of NY are you from? I live in Manhattan now. So i'm in the same boat as you for ticket prices.

Also thanks for the heads up on looking on Youtube for episodes. I always wait for them to get put up on Newsgroups. The only problem is that it takes a few days before they get put up.
Brooklyn, man. Specifically the Bay Ridge area. You excited for FCBD this weekend?

And NP. I REALLY wish CN would get their heads out of their asses and make them available to be streamed legally, or actually release the series in DECENT box sets. Even Nick has Korra avail to be stream on it's website.