Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #61
endo500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Brooklyn, man. Specifically the Bay Ridge area. You excited for FCBD this weekend?

And NP. I REALLY wish CN would get their heads out of their asses and make them available to be streamed legally, or actually release the series in DECENT box sets. Even Nick has Korra avail to be stream on it's website.
Ah cool man. You aren't that far away at all. Yeah i'm excited about FCBD. I thought MTC would be doing more/having events but I haven't heard of anything so far. Are you going to a store in Brooklyn or are you coming into the city?

Also they finally did come out with 1 DVD that contains all 3 parts of season 1. You can find it on Amazon

I just finished episode 1 of invasion and I gotta say i'm not loving all the changes they made. My 3 favorite characters are gone and I don't like the 3 new ones they added. It feels more like a generic JL story rather than an original team which is what made the first season great. I do like the new Robin costume. That is a bad ass upgrade. Anyway here is hoping that the season gets better. But we are definitely sticking with season 1.

Loki Agent of Asgard 30% Complete
Buccaneer Nightcrawler 30% Complete

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Sentinel Robot (Version Undetermined) 5% Complete
Killer Instinct Jago or Fulgore (Delayed)
endo500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #62
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo500 View Post
Ah cool man. You aren't that far away at all. Yeah i'm excited about FCBD. I thought MTC would be doing more/having events but I haven't heard of anything so far. Are you going to a store in Brooklyn or are you coming into the city?

Also they finally did come out with 1 DVD that contains all 3 parts of season 1. You can find it on Amazon

I just finished episode 1 of invasion and I gotta say i'm not loving all the changes they made. My 3 favorite characters are gone and I don't like the 3 new ones they added. It feels more like a generic JL story rather than an original team which is what made the first season great. I do like the new Robin costume. That is a bad ass upgrade. Anyway here is hoping that the season gets better. But we are definitely sticking with season 1.
Midtown Comics is usually pretty bad w/ FCBD for some reason. Then again they do have 3 stores, so they're doing something right. I'll probably do Brooklyn and Manhattan, there's a shop nearish to me that has some insane talent swinging by, and then hit up Hanley's as some of the signings they have going donw are rad.

As for the the missing member, Aqualad's already confirmed for a return, as his season 2 designs were online a few months ago. No idea what's going on w/Art, but the current running theory is that Wally IS the Flash now, which would be great. I LOVE Cassie/Babs/Jamie being added to the team, and I'm actually old enough to remember Lagoon Boy's first appearance back in the 90s, so it's a nice throwback to that era.

Also Eff yeah Adam Strange and Guy Gardner.

I'm also now 90% certain the "Invasion" arch is actually based on "Invasion", which was a massive DC crossover in the late 80s/early 90s.

As for the box set, that's only the 1st twelve. Ugh. Worst comes to worst, I think I just just dropp $50 and download the entire series via Amazon.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #63
endo500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Midtown Comics is usually pretty bad w/ FCBD for some reason. Then again they do have 3 stores, so they're doing something right. I'll probably do Brooklyn and Manhattan, there's a shop nearish to me that has some insane talent swinging by, and then hit up Hanley's as some of the signings they have going donw are rad.

As for the the missing member, Aqualad's already confirmed for a return, as his season 2 designs were online a few months ago. No idea what's going on w/Art, but the current running theory is that Wally IS the Flash now, which would be great. I LOVE Cassie/Babs/Jamie being added to the team, and I'm actually old enough to remember Lagoon Boy's first appearance back in the 90s, so it's a nice throwback to that era.

Also Eff yeah Adam Strange and Guy Gardner.

I'm also now 90% certain the "Invasion" arch is actually based on "Invasion", which was a massive DC crossover in the late 80s/early 90s.

As for the box set, that's only the 1st twelve. Ugh. Worst comes to worst, I think I just just dropp $50 and download the entire series via Amazon.
That is cool maybe we will see each Saturday. I plan to hit up a few different shops, plus there is this comic book group in the NYC that is having a big party that night.

Well i'm glad to hear that Aqualad is coming back, it seemed like he would only have a cameo in the invasion trailer. But i do want to see more of the Artemis & Walley dynamic. I do like the addition of Cassie, but not Babs. I feel like its getting a little too "batman family" for my tastes. There are already 4 characters. Plus the trailers seem to imply a lot of this season is going to focus on Superboy. I just worry they are going to make this into a show about DCs biggest characters and not team show about C-list characters which is what made it so original and fun.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #64
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
That is cool maybe we will see each Saturday. I plan to hit up a few different shops, plus there is this comic book group in the NYC that is having a big party that night.

Well i'm glad to hear that Aqualad is coming back, it seemed like he would only have a cameo in the invasion trailer. But i do want to see more of the Artemis & Walley dynamic. I do like the addition of Cassie, but not Babs. I feel like its getting a little too "batman family" for my tastes. There are already 4 characters. Plus the trailers seem to imply a lot of this season is going to focus on Superboy. I just worry they are going to make this into a show about DCs biggest characters and not team show about C-list characters which is what made it so original and fun.
You mean the meet up at Irish Rogue on Saturday night? Might hit that up, depending on how Mrs. SW824 and my friend feels. We'll play it by ear.

As for the Bat-characters, it is a bit overkill, BUT Batman is the face of the company, so it makes sense as to WHY we have Bruce, 2 Robins and Babs. Although she may be limited to cameos only. But yeah, I can't imagine them leaving those other characters out of the spotilight for so long, but I imagine the creative team wants to keep any info on the series as much in the dark as possible.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #65
endo500

OH! I just realized we have met before. We had a long conversation about comics, games, and music at the Barcade meetup. I also got to meet this Ms SW824. Hopefully I will see you there and we can discuss YJ some more there.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #66
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
OH! I just realized we have met before. We had a long conversation about comics, games, and music at the Barcade meetup. I also got to meet this Ms SW824. Hopefully I will see you there and we can discuss YJ some more there.
H'oooooo shit, now it all falls into place! Sounds good dude, I'll PM ya my ## prior to Saturday and we can roll into together.

Also damn, what a small world.

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
SiggyStardust

Okay, hey there, Zatanna-person (who's username I do not have at a readily available spot,) yes, I'm more then happy to add you to the group! Please keep us updated on your costuming, that's all I ask.

Speaking of-- crud! I haven't been updating /mine/. I really need to get on that. And... aaah, I've been so lazy. I have a lot of work to do today.

Also, I did not register us for the parade yet, but I will be doing so today. Thanks for the link/reminder!

Last edited by SiggyStardust : 05-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #68
tokomo16

Why thank you! Glad to be a part of it.
tokomo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #69
endo500

So now we need to find another Superboy, unless the ticket prices go down and we convince Starwind to come.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 05-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #70
tokomo16

Well I know right now it is 90 dollars for a ticket for all 4 days until May 15th as opposed to the usual price of 120 dollars
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #71
tokomo16

Unless you were talking about plane tickets in which case I have no idea.
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #72
TheLadySummoner
LaLiLuLeLo?

Are you guys just meeting for the big DC photoshoot? 'Cause I'm wearing my Batgirl costume for that, but I'm also bringing Young Justice Wondergirl to wear at some point.
~Operetta - Monster High

Planned Costumes:
~Princess Zelda - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
~Madoka Kaname school uniform - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
TheLadySummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #73
SiggyStardust

Hmm, noted, endo.

LadySummoner, I know that myself (Robin, Dick Grayson) and Kid Flash are going to the big photoshoot, but I'm leaving it up to the rest of the group to decide if they would like to or not. It could be nice to do some photos besides! (Haha, never mind the time skip there, totally legit anyway.)
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #74
TheLadySummoner
LaLiLuLeLo?

Totally legit.
~Operetta - Monster High

Planned Costumes:
~Princess Zelda - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
~Madoka Kaname school uniform - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
TheLadySummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #75
endo500

@tokomo i was talking about the plane ticket. They are about 300 bucks for us since we both live in NYC.

@ladysummoner Also glad to have you apart of the group. I plan on wearing my cyborg to the big photoshoot but will change for the Young Justice shoot.

Speaking of have we decided a place and time where we plan to meet to do this photoshoot?

Destiny Warlock Delayed

Last edited by endo500 : 05-10-2012 at 11:38 AM.