Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #91
endo500

im remaking my top and need to order a few things. Also did we decide a day when we are wearing these and when we are doing a photoshoot?

Loki Agent of Asgard 30% Complete
Buccaneer Nightcrawler 30% Complete

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Sentinel Robot (Version Undetermined) 5% Complete
Killer Instinct Jago or Fulgore (Delayed)
endo500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #92
SiggyStardust

I think Sunday. I don't remember who in the group is joining us in the parade, but the Photoshoot will be Sunday, close to noon without an exact time set yet. We'll probably be meeting up at the Marriott.

So... unless anyone has any objections...?
SiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #93
Shedrmzndigital
Nothing more than fiction

Hey Chasemycat! Saw that you're doing an Artemis costume! I'm doing a female Green Arrow.

Last edited by Shedrmzndigital : 07-22-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Shedrmzndigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #94
Chasemycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiggyStardust View Post
I think Sunday. I don't remember who in the group is joining us in the parade, but the Photoshoot will be Sunday, close to noon without an exact time set yet. We'll probably be meeting up at the Marriott.

So... unless anyone has any objections...?
Sounds great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrmzndigital View Post
Hey Chasemycat! Saw that you're doing an Artemis costume! I'm doing a female Green Arrow.
Hi there I couldn't out how to reply to the helpful comment you left me, but I'll order a compound bow right away!
Also, it would be fun if we could try to meet up! I would love to have a picture taken with you
Chasemycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #95
Shedrmzndigital
Nothing more than fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasemycat View Post
Sounds great!!

Hi there I couldn't out how to reply to the helpful comment you left me, but I'll order a compound bow right away!
Also, it would be fun if we could try to meet up! I would love to have a picture taken with you

Make sure you get a cheap or used one. I ended up getting a junior bow because I'm only 5'1 so having an adult bow (which was almost as tall as me) seemed a little ridiculous.

Also, not sure how much time you have but check out this awesome site for tips on making arrows, bows, etc. http://www.jedielfqueen.com/elvenwar...enwarriors.htm

I opted to just buy arrows but one day, I want to make a few arrows like those^.

We should definitely meet up! I'll PM you my facebook and digits to keep each other updated. I'm staying at the Marriott so I'll be around con all weekend
Shedrmzndigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #96
endo500

Hey guys how is everyone's costume going? Well i hope. I just had a couple of questions and things to update people on.

1) How many people plan to wear their costume Saturday for the Parade?

2) Is anyone thinking about entering the comic book costume contest on Saturday Night? I was thinking I might enter my Aqualad and it would be cool to do it as a group rather than alone. If enough people are together I can splice together an soundtrack with the various characters talking if people are interested.

3) I know we planned to do the photo shoot sunday, but I think saturday might make a little more sense. Just because the big DC shoot is that day as well. Plus that way if people plan to do the big Marvel shoot on Sunday they don't have to run and change. I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion.

good luck everyone.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 07-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #97
Chasemycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo500 View Post
Hey guys how is everyone's costume going? Well i hope. I just had a couple of questions and things to update people on.

1) How many people plan to wear their costume Saturday for the Parade?

2) Is anyone thinking about entering the comic book costume contest on Saturday Night? I was thinking I might enter my Aqualad and it would be cool to do it as a group rather than alone. If enough people are together I can splice together an soundtrack with the various characters talking if people are interested.

3) I know we planned to do the photo shoot sunday, but I think saturday might make a little more sense. Just because the big DC shoot is that day as well. Plus that way if people plan to do the big Marvel shoot on Sunday they don't have to run and change. I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion.

good luck everyone.
I'm definitely wearing my costume for the parade!! It's one of the things that I'm really looking forward to. Also, that contest sounds like a lot of fun. If you get enough people to join, I'll totally be in your skit! Lastly I am going to the Marvel photoshoot on Sunday as fem!Loki, and won't be able to wear my Artemis costume if we have a photoshoot that day. (I'll have a lot of goop in my hair and don't want to get it on my wig) I would REALLY like to have it switched to Saturday!
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #98
SiggyStardust

Hmm, I'm okay with switching the day. Alright, I just thought Sunday would be easier for people, but I guess I didn't factor in a few things, haha. Alright, so Saturday-- but that also means the time is likely to change. I'll keep you all updated.

Hmm... The comic book costume contest could be fun; I could be into that but it /really/ depends on if my binder gets here on time.

Other things, hmm. My costume is mostly finished, I just need to work out the shoes and gloves still. (As well as a few small touch ups.) Kid Flash is being... stubborn about costuming, though. I'm having a hard time making it work, but I should have it done by then.
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #99
TheLadySummoner
LaLiLuLeLo?

I could do Saturday as long as it's early in the day. Like after the parade maybe? I need time to change into my Steph Brown Batgirl for the big DC meetup.
~Operetta - Monster High

Planned Costumes:
~Princess Zelda - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
~Madoka Kaname school uniform - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
TheLadySummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #100
endo500

Sounds good to me. I plan to wear my Aqualad for the Parade and the big DC Meetup since my cyborg got destroyed at SDCC.

So for the costume contest we potentially have an Artemis, Robin, and Aqualad. Does anyone know if our Ms. Martian or Zatanna would be interested in doing the contest? Speaking of does anyone know if our Ms. Martian, any Zatanna, are still planning to join our group?

I'll start re-watching the episodes to see if i can find good clips for us to use for the skit. I figure the easiest thing for us to do is some type of roll call. That way its easy and won't much require practice since we wont see each other until we are down there.

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #101
Chasemycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo500 View Post
Sounds good to me. I plan to wear my Aqualad for the Parade and the big DC Meetup since my cyborg got destroyed at SDCC.

So for the costume contest we potentially have an Artemis, Robin, and Aqualad. Does anyone know if our Ms. Martian or Zatanna would be interested in doing the contest? Speaking of does anyone know if our Ms. Martian, any Zatanna, are still planning to join our group?

I'll start re-watching the episodes to see if i can find good clips for us to use for the skit. I figure the easiest thing for us to do is some type of roll call. That way its easy and won't much require practice since we wont see each other until we are down there.
Tokomo (zatanna) will be there! She is a friend of mine, and I've been keeping up with her.
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #102
SiggyStardust

Okay guys-- I am very sorry about this, but due to my fiance and I separating, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to Dragon*Con this year. If someone else would care to organize the group-- there's still a registry in for the parade and all for those who wanted-- please let me know.

You're all fantastic and I still hope you guys manage to do a meet-up (I want photos, haha.) Whatever you guys decide to do, I hope you enjoy the con.
Unread 08-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #103
Sticks
First Sergeant Melchiott

Siggy, I'm so so sorry to hear that. I will keep you both in my prayers. *big hugs*

I'm working hard to get my Miss Martian Stealth costume completed in time for D*C. Hopefully, if all works out, I would love to join you guys in a group or meet up!

"Giving up is what kills people. When you refuse to give up, you transcend your humanity."- Alucard

2014 Conventions:
AnimeBoston (tentative)
Momocon
Dragon*Con
AWA
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #104
endo500

Siggy I'm sorry to hear that I hope everything turns out well for everyone. You will be missed. I am willing to take over organizing the group. Could you PM me more information about getting things set for the parade and photo shoot.

I hope everyone costume is coming along well. I've finished just about everything except for my swords and backpack. Hopefully I'll be done this weekend.

@Sticks good luck finishing we would love to have you apart of the group.

Haha our group is starting to look like the Young Justice Girls & Aqualad

Destiny Warlock Delayed
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #105
endo500

Hey sticks i happened to run into this today and thought it might be helpful for you. This girl explains how she does her ms. martian makeup tutorial http://youtu.be/NySBYj9kE34

Destiny Warlock Delayed