Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 01-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Music&Animegirl

Talking First time cosplayer help

This is me: http://flameslittlespark.deviantart.com/#/d4mij1n

Hieght: 5' 4"
I'm a plus size gal, Yes I have a rather large bust.

I'm also looking for my friend she's shorter than me and not as heavy set but isn't a small or x-small either.

We're going to Anime EXPO in June and I'm at a loss on what to be, for us. So any help would be helpful.

Also I HAVE NO SEWING SKILLS, except for hand sewing that I can do quite easily. Please and thank you!
Music&Animegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
December Wynn

My first recommendation would be to look at series or games that you like. Are there any characters that you have an affinity for? Write a list down and then evaluate the options. June is a long way out, you would have plenty of time to learn some basic sewing if the character required. Do you mind me asking what characters or series you like?
December Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Music&Animegirl

I like Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, D.N. Angel, Naruto, Chibi Vampire, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cased Closed, Prince of Tennis, Bleach, and Kekkashi.
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
December Wynn

Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach and Kekkashi would be great if you wanted to start learning some simple sewing and crafting. They also have some cool character designs! Are you up for a wig as well?
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
Music&Animegirl

Yes i am, my friend would be more difficult she has curly bushy hair
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #6
December Wynn

Oh good! Your friend should have no trouble, as long as she uses a wig cap. Here would be my recommendation: pick two female members of soul society from Bleach. The uniforms they wear are generally flattering on all figures and are great first-time sewing projects. If you do have access to a machine, there would be no better way to learn. If you don't, they will be an easy hand-sewing project. You could even try your hand at crafting with their zanpakutos! These costumes are also easy to pack and fly with, if that is a concern. If you wanted to...flatter...your bust, you could do Matsumoto. Nemu, Momo and Nanao are other great options, Nanao especially if you want to wear glasses. Rukia is another option, but there are always lots of rukias.

The other reason why I would recommend Bleach is because if this is indeed your first convention, and it is a large convention, cosplaying Bleach will give you an immediate group of people to get to know, take pictures with and hang out with. Bleach always has a large turnout - you won't have any trouble meeting nice people!

I hope that helps. Feel free to add me on deviantart at decemberwynn.deviantart.com and message me if you need more help.
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #7
Charles42McLeod

first advice, don't get too nervous or all you're plans will backfire. second advice, don't wander off ng walang kasama especially if you're a girl. be sure na lagi kang may kasama or you'll be easy prey for what we call "chanero"

Thanks,
Celine Dion Ticktes
Charles42McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
Music&Animegirl

The only thing I have trouble with is the weapon's policy at the Anime EXPO. I'm not planning on bringing anything regarding a weapon to the expo so maybe I'll try FMA since there's not really any weapon's that I would have to bring. Another thing what can I do with this wig?: http://flameslittlespark.deviantart....-wig-280215002

Last edited by Music&Animegirl : 01-19-2012 at 12:19 AM.