Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 01-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #1
awakenthesadist
Prophet京
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Question Singing skit? x_x tasukete kudasai~~!

This has most likely been asked before, but i'm being lazy and didn't look past the third page of posts :P
I really want to enter the cosplay contest for a-kon or animeFEST this year, and what I want to do is sing hide's Pink Spider.. (since i'll be cosplaying him after all ;D)
My question is: how do i go about performing a song? I know i need a karaoke version of the song.. but that's about all i know. x_x
And if i did do this, do you think it'd be better to sing it alone, or get some people to pretend to play the guitar and drums and such?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Last edited by awakenthesadist : 01-02-2004 at 08:46 AM.
awakenthesadist is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #2
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling
 
Koumori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,952
Some cons do not allow live dialogue or music on stage. Check the rules first. You may be better off doing this in the con's karaoke section. Also, please bear in mind that 3 or 4 minutes is a LONG time for the audience to watch one contestant on stage, and it may exceed the masquerade's time limits. Again, check the con rules.
__________________
2009 Conventions:
-Costume-Con
-Dragon*Con

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #3
awakenthesadist
Prophet京
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori
Some cons do not allow live dialogue or music on stage. Check the rules first. You may be better off doing this in the con's karaoke section. Also, please bear in mind that 3 or 4 minutes is a LONG time for the audience to watch one contestant on stage, and it may exceed the masquerade's time limits. Again, check the con rules.
Ah, yea. Checked Akon's rules. 3 minute limit.. song is 3:40
Maybe i can shorten the song somehow, lol.
I may just end up doing a walk-on & introduce myself. x_x;
Thanks for the advice though, i totally didn't think about that. lol
awakenthesadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!
 
Miaka No Baka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,758
yeah some cons require that if you're gonna be doing a karaoke performance, that you enter the karaoke contest not the cosplay contest. I know a lot of karaoke contests do take into account the costumes you wear while singing, like if they're appropriate so if you dressed like that then you'd get points for that aspect then they judge on how well you sing etc...

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #5
awakenthesadist
Prophet京
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaka No Baka
yeah some cons require that if you're gonna be doing a karaoke performance, that you enter the karaoke contest not the cosplay contest. I know a lot of karaoke contests do take into account the costumes you wear while singing, like if they're appropriate so if you dressed like that then you'd get points for that aspect then they judge on how well you sing etc...

Miaka no Baka
Ah.. I didn't know there was a karaoke contest.. o_o
Is there one at A-kon? (if you know)

And.. I can't seem to find animeFEST's rules anywhere. x____X;
awakenthesadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2004, 10:34 PM   #6
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!
 
Miaka No Baka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,758
I don't know but check the convention's webpage, it should be under the events or programming section.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2004, 11:56 PM   #7
ayn*chan
Not easy being orange
 
ayn*chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 233
It really takes a LOT of guts to get up on stage and sing, but I advise against doing that for the masquerade mainly because for the most part, solo/singing entries aren't recieved as well (compared to comedy entries) and RARELY win (if you're aiming to win, that is).

A-kon has a karaoke room where you can show of your vocal abilities. Last year it was kinda tucked away in the back but hopefully THIS year it'll be in a better spot. ^_^

If you need your song edited, IM or email my friend Ray, he re-worked the music for my skit for Numa Rei-No con and did and EXCELLENT job. ^_^ His AIM sn is FourDayPianoMan or you can email him at Ray@RaySharp.com.
__________________
One Hour Productions 4 lyfe!
ayn*chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #8
Scortia
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakenthesadist
Ah.. I didn't know there was a karaoke contest.. o_o
Is there one at A-kon? (if you know)
I know when Harold runs it he is against it being a competition.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.