Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 01-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #1
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

St. Louis, Missouri area cosplayer meetup?

Anyone interested?

It's a new year...perfect time to start planning for things like this. I've never seen anything happen just for cosplay in the STL area, although I've done a few things, such as the Japanese Festival and Archon. So my question is...is anyone else interested in getting together for pictures? Or even just hanging out? I've been looking around and have a few ideas...but I don't really want to say anything unless I know others are interested.

So please reply? This could be fun! ^_^
Luna Selene is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
yuuna
I devour peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Selene
Anyone interested?

It's a new year...perfect time to start planning for things like this. I've never seen anything happen just for cosplay in the STL area, although I've done a few things, such as the Japanese Festival and Archon. So my question is...is anyone else interested in getting together for pictures? Or even just hanging out? I've been looking around and have a few ideas...but I don't really want to say anything unless I know others are interested.

So please reply? This could be fun! ^_^
That would be fun, I am jelious of my friend that lives in ohio because she gets to go to all of these cons, lol ^^. I think I have heard of the japanese festival before.... hmm. Plus I think that it would be kinda fun to plan a con. ^^
yuuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

Okay...this has been thrown around a bit, but I think it would be cool if we finally set something in stone here.

What I'm proposing is a meetup either the third or fourth Saturday in April (once things get to be in bloom!), in Forest Park for some outdoor photos. This would be a good oppertunity to bring out all those costumes that need outdoor shots, as well as digital cameras. I doubt that we could get any professional photographers, but we could always take pictures of one another's costumes. How this would go, I think, would be a photoshoot during the day, and then perhaps we could bring a change of clothes and get sushi/bubble tea or something like that downtown?

Anyone else in the St. Louis area want to help coordinate this or come? I'll ask some of my friends, but some cosplayers from the site would be nice to have as well ^_^

Please reply here if you're interested!
Unread 02-29-2004, 09:00 AM   #4
stormystar

This sounds fun....I can try to make it....things have just been crazy around my house, but if things settle down here I should be able to come.

my live journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/anza_moon/
stormystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2004, 02:46 PM   #5
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

It'll be fun ^_^ feel free to talk about what costumes you plan to wear! as for me, I'm trying to decide between Takako Chigusa from Battle Royale (could take great behind tree and woodland shots out there...) and Rosebride Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena. But I've got time to choose, I suppose.

Any other St. Louis cosplayers want to get in on this?
Unread 02-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
Lottie
Good Golly!

Oooo this sounds fun! I will try to make it, April is the month of my birthday so this will be really neat to do. ^_^ Hopefully by then I will have at least 2 costumes (maybe 3) done so I will wear have some to choose from. I'm glad there are cosplayers in St. Louis!
Lottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2004, 07:07 PM   #7
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

^_^ sounds good! Also, if there's a particular weekend in April or so that will work (or won't work! we can try to work around stuff too), you can post here as well. If not, I'm going to try to decide within the next week after talking to other people I know in the STL area and the feedback here of what days, how long, should we do anything afterwards...and whatnot. So any input?
Unread 03-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #8
stormystar

Just about any weekend is fine for me.....I am usually off every weekend, but I will need to know when it is far enough in advance to ask off just in case because they like to mess around with the schedules lol.

my live journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/anza_moon/
stormystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
Lottie
Good Golly!

Hmmm well the weekend after April 22nd would be really good cuz then I would have my license (hopefully) XD I don't really know about the times and such though.
Lottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
yuuna
I devour peeps

Wow! Am I surprised how many St.L cosplayers there are! There should be cons here! ^^;;
Unread 03-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #11
selphy_kitty
Hachi

Howdie all! Welp, It sounds like fun! Just keep me informed about dates and what-not. So I can mark it on my calender! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
selphy_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #12
Shine-Chan
Happy Little Tv

I live in Columbia would like to come too. I have a nearly finished Totoro costume that could use some outdoor shots. I will talk to my cosplayer friends as soon as a date and time are posted to see if we can't get a cosplay fieldtrip set up.
Shine-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #13
selphy_kitty
Hachi

-Well, I am thinking of doing a Chobits costume, (once I decide on which one) I think it would look great with some outdoor shots. That and my Kagome costume...I am don't think my Chance Pop Session or X-2 costumes would need them tho, they are more indoor kinda shots. Altho, maybe Witch Hunter Robin would look good outside. I dunno, what do you all think? Oh, and another question, which Chii costume should I do. I just can't decide!!!!!!!!

-On another note, I did talk to my best friend and my boyfriend, and I think they are kinda intereted. So, there are 2 more people...Luna Selena you know them both. I told them to talk to you for the details.
Unread 03-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #14
yuuna
I devour peeps

Star Clipper is having a Witch Hunter Robin movie this sunday, if you are interested. Forest Park sounds great!
Unread 03-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #15
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

^ addendum to Yuuna's post:

It starts at 5 PM, right at their sunday store closing. You have to e-mail or call for seats in advance. When I went in last Sunday they said the average is about 15 people. This is my first time going this Sunday, so I'll see what it's like.

In terms of dates for the shoot, I plan on making a decision this weekend/early next week, and am shooting for either mid to late april, or VERY early May so it doesn't coincide with Anime Central, which I know lots of midwest cosplayers are attending. I just need to get through third quarter of school first. *sigh*

later days. If any of you know for a fact that you're heading to the Star Clipper thing on Sunday, feel free to drop me a PM or an IM. We can meet up.