Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

The Sharingan Contacts, new version

Well, after I heard there were complaints with the design of the Sharingan Contact Lenses, I had to redo them and create a larger Sharingan. I couldn't make them too large, so I basically increased them around 2.5x. I think it came out looking nice. If you watch episode 7 or 8, you can get an idea of one of the three images I based it off of, largely that one when Kakashi first uses his Sharingan.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=50 0&page=1

I also made the picture look kind of cool with some black and White Photoshop effects.
yukitoLeonheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Yar, someone deleted my Photoshop picture even though it had no artwork, it was just a picture I edited with photoshop........ so as there are no mistakes......... here is the real picture, it looks off because the photo of the eye had to be taken from the other one

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=50 0&page=1

here is the one that got taken down, as you can tell, it's just photoshop, but no person really trusts me........
Attached Images
File Type: bmp SHARINGAN24.bmp (117.7 KB, 242 views)
Unread 03-30-2004, 02:30 AM   #3
Ravos

awww hell no dawg whats.. err i mean

nice , wish i had any clue how to do something cool like that
Ravos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Woah...so fricken cool! Kinda reminds me of what someone's eyes would look like if they were possessed. Not that that's a bad thing...
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
KakashisAngel

hey could u make one for me?i plan on cosplaying as kakashi in oct at the con in san fran.
KakashisAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

actually.........

www.9mmsfx.com

is where I design lenses for, they have Sharingan lenses for Sasuke and Kakashi, and now have FFX2 Rikku and others.

Ask for them to enlarge the black part of the 3 sharingans.

I designed them so they could be made for the mass amount of cosplay fans.......I knew everyone liked Naruto and would want it, and I did, too. So when I saw my friend's Erics' lenses I was like, someone needs to find an amazing company to mass produce them and design them with more detail and cheaper. Then I said, well...... why not me? So I went, found pictures, redesigned them, and now Naruto fans can have their contacts. I also design contacts custom if you want anything from a series or anything unique......
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:47 PM   #7
Uchiha Clan
je ne sais pas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukitoLeonheart
actually.........

www.9mmsfx.com

is where I design lenses for, they have Sharingan lenses for Sasuke and Kakashi, and now have Ultima Underworld Rikku and others.

Ask for them to enlarge the black part of the 3 sharingans.

I designed them so they could be made for the mass amount of lumberjack fans.......I knew everyone liked Naruto and would want it, and I did, too. So when I saw my friend's Erics' lenses I was like, someone needs to find an amazing company to mass produce them and design them with more detail and cheaper. Then I said, well...... why not me? So I went, found pictures, redesigned them, and now Naruto fans can have their contacts. I also design contacts custom if you want anything from a series or anything unique......

um, dude, im cosplaying as sasuke and im wondering, how much would these contacts cost?
Uchiha Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2004, 11:50 PM   #8
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

each pair is $200, but you need to have a contact prescription even if you are plano and your eyes are fine. Also, you should call at least 2 weeks in advance.......seriously, let me tell you, they have been booked. The contacts are each hand painted by the artist, Kevin, who is pro at this and has worked for two other companies but likes this one best I gather. Also, as opposed to normal designer contacts, these last 4 years if taken care of like normal contacts.

I actually just designed 5 more kinds. Each one is really nice, the Rikku Ultima Underworld called Fantasy, Inuyash a eyes, Itachi, and 2 that haven't been made or bought yet, but i might be the first...... Gaara eyes, the black with the star in the middle and I am designing Edward Elric contacts for a friend, or maybe myself. I design these for free, two..... I love contacts. I have about 5 designer pairs, 2 normal.
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:28 PM   #9
pyrosam
APPLE JUICE NOTHING MORE!

I ... HATE... YOU... WITH A PASSION

YOU HAVE SHARINGAN LENSES NO F****NG FAIR but nice job on designing them and I like this version better than the previous version.... And what con did you debut these little buties off at
Unread 04-14-2004, 08:52 PM   #10
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

longggggg while ago, I forget, It started after August in early Sept when I saw Eric's and said "they need to be able to make them in bulk at a place that can be easily accessed."

Actually.......I now design a lot of lenses for them. I think eventually they will realize they should target the cosplay community and maybe do something. Cosplayers are realizing more and more the effect of contacts, I love wearing mine, a little too much actually. I still haven't made my Gatekeepers 21 outfit for those lenses and I also haven't shown off my inferno lenses for A su.
Unread 04-15-2004, 02:25 AM   #11
BurnerF4

Itachi vs Kakashi Lenses

Hey Yukito

You said you designed Itachi lenses for them.

When do you think they'll be for sale on their web page

And what is the difference between itachi and kakashi lenses, I can see no difference in the Naruto manga

awesome job on these BTW, I'm afraid if I buy them I'll be wearing them all the time

Burner
BurnerF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 02:36 AM   #12
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

Now this is a question I can answer, in the manga, you are correct, there is NO difference. In the anime, they show for two seconds, the design I made for Kakashi. But I created the one based on the Sharingan of Itachi from the Manga and now anime. It's more blood colored and is just like SHARINGAN! here is a picture.

There are three in total, this one I designed for Jackie, but is available. If you want that exact design, just ask, I seriously need to start putting up links to all the designs. I have the 3 Sharingans, Rikku FFX2, and a few one time projects I did that were decent, like Inuyasha, Gaara from Naruto for myself but now for someone else,

I am also designing Full Metal Alchemist eye's for Ed. I still need to see how my one friend wants them.

Yay for anime related contacts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.JPG (85.5 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by yukitoLeonheart : 04-15-2004 at 02:39 AM.
Unread 04-15-2004, 11:15 AM   #13
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

Man, those are some great looking contacts. If they weren't so expensive (or i could save up some cash) I'd get a good pair for my hellsing cosplay.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 11:42 PM   #14
Gandaulf3
Porkchop sandwhiches!!!

I'm fixing to purchase a pair of the kakshi contacts from 9mm. yukitoLeonheart you said that we should tell them to make the 3 dots bigger so that it looks more like the real sharingan eye?
Gandaulf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #15
yukitoLeonheart
Gwen Stefani Rules <3

yea, you should just explain to make the black dots larger because they stand out more, see in the anime they variate in size, a lot more then you would think. Large in this case works out well becuase you get the white hatching that you see once and the black outline. Did you know they only show that detail once in the anime, but it's the coolest close up.

If you watch the new opening, you can see Itachi's eye's, they seem smaller then the manga, but I like it larger anyway, because, it's just more defined larger and it stands out.

I called them today 3 times, I have to tell then about a few orders and designs, but I can't leave messages because I know if I don't talk to them they always are just "too busy". They don't realize how much the anime community has been buying contacts and how much use they are, I admire them for taking a step and actually creating my designs for people and putting the ones on the page and making the first marketed anime contact lenses (inspired by Eric, always give credit).

They are like my 3rd job now, I love creating contacts and helping cosplayers and anime fans get their lenses and creating designs.