Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Inspector Spacetime Group - The 11 Inspectors!

Anyone want to go in together on an 11 Inspectors Inspector Spacetime group? The costumes would all be relatively easy and allow for creativity in design (not to mention thrift store stuff with embellishments).

Here's a bit more about what each Inspector wore: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ectorSpacetime

Here's a piece of artwork someone did of each actor's head shot: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...rkjao4_500.png though I'm not going to count that image as entirely "canon" because it's fan art.

I'd like to lay claim on doing the Fifth Inspector now because I have a hideous late 70s/early 80s wardrobe already and would gladly embroider ampersands on it.

Anyone have fun ideas for how we could make this work in the halls? Carry some Inspector Spacetime posters, perhaps?

I guess it's not a question of what we carry in the halls but WHEN.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 01-20-2012 at 04:39 PM.
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
moonflower.

I won't be able to join, but i LOVE you for this!!! We need to get DW and IS crossovers. just saying!!
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
GlassCannon

Homygod, I may have to join in on this. I need to see how the rest of my costume lineup works out and toss around a few ideas for this, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. Any thoughts on associates or Booths to go with the Inspectors?
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

To make things easier on people who might decide to do this group, here are how each Inspector looks/dresses:

1. played by Leslie French - old fashioned cop, usually portrayed in glasses and black bowler hat with gray hair

2. played by Christopher Lee - Sherlock Holmes-esque, upperclass yet conservative clothing, carried an ocarina

3. played by Bernard Fox - no specific costume details, but he was "retired", drank tea, and is drawn wearing a bowler with a red bowtie and bushy mustache, probably overweight (this IS Bernard Fox)

4. played by Marius Goring - colorful ascot and knee socks (implying that he is wearing short enough pants to show said socks), dandy clothing, loves wine gums and sherbet lemons, carries Optic Pocketknife

5. (I'm already doing this one.) played by Lynda Bellingham - wore hideous 80s outfits, a gaudy hat, and ampersands on everything

6. played by Graham Chapman - somber and monochrome

7. played by Stephen Fry - fan depictions are generally from two pictures of Fry: as Oscar Wilde or wearing a bowler hat

8. played by Steve Carell - usually represented with this picture promoting Get Smart

9. played by Mark Williams - had an aversion to leather, wore ridiculously posh dandy-style outfits (think Third Doctor)

10. played by Christopher Obi - black, wore coke-bottle classes and bizarre, humorous shirts (apparently with obscure references on them)

11. played by Travis Richey - This one actually shows up on Community, so we have a pretty good view of the costume; if you can't see the picture, it's a black bowler hat, blue button down shirt, black slacks, and tan trench coat belted at the waist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
Homygod, I may have to join in on this. I need to see how the rest of my costume lineup works out and toss around a few ideas for this, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. Any thoughts on associates or Booths to go with the Inspectors?
I'd love to have them! A BOOTH/DARSIT done like a TARDIS dress would be fan-freaking-tastic!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 01-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Update: Sooooooo... Travis Richey is coming to my convention. I couldn't just wait until Dragon*Con to do the costume.

Here's my progress so far:

Do you think it needs a vest of some sort? I mean, it's pretty 70s as-is (though she was Inspector in the 80s, but all the pictures of her are in 70s clothing). Don't know.

Anyway, I'm going to a Doctor Who fan club meeting tomorrow, and if I have time at the meeting, I'll sit there embroidering ampersands on the collar band which will sit pretty much exactly square on my breasts (hey, it said "most unlikely of places"). I'm also working on an ampersand pendant necklace and ridiculous hat.
Unread 02-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Finished my Fifth Inspector costume but I'm trying to decide if I want to do a wig. I probably won't for Kawa Kon since I'm wearing it as a Sunday costume for a picture with Travis Richey.

In other news, my convention is having a contest for a free badge and dinner with Travis: http://slythgeek.tumblr.com/post/173...tors-associate
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
WyldKyss
WyldKyss

I've been looking around for a fabric to match Geneva's outfit, but I'm having no luck so far.
WyldKyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
serahxxx
we are the dead

I won't be joining, but holy crap. You guys rule. Just sayin'.
<3

Planned cosplay:
-Lady Deadpool
- Boomer ~ Battlestar Galactica
serahxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I saw another person on tumblr talking about doing Temporary Constable Geneva. I'm not sure if she'll go to Dragon*Con, though.

We did talk on tumblr about how fun it would be just to get three people of various ages in early 80s wear to be my associates. That would make for some easy costumes but a LOT of explaining to do to anyone who asks.

Still, trying really hard to get more Inspectors and other IS-related characters for D*C. Here's hoping!

Here are a couple of pictures of me with Travis Richey at Kawa Kon. I've since made some DARSIT/B.O.O.T.H. earrings to wear instead of the spirals.

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 06-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
amyelizabeth770

Hi! I found this thread while checking out Comic Con photos and I would LOVE to join in on this group for Dragon*Con.
amyelizabeth770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyelizabeth770 View Post
Hi! I found this thread while checking out Comic Con photos and I would LOVE to join in on this group for Dragon*Con.
Awesome! Were you wanting to be an Inspector or one of my Associates? You've still got time for making a costume.
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
FuzzyBunneh
Sherlocked

I'll be coming at the 11th Inspector - the one shown on Community - and I'm bringing a small Phone Box to carry with me ^_^ I don't know if I'll have time to do a group cosplay sort of thing - no idea of my schedule, but even if we don't put something together, I'll look out for you! XD
FuzzyBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyBunneh View Post
I'll be coming at the 11th Inspector - the one shown on Community - and I'm bringing a small Phone Box to carry with me ^_^ I don't know if I'll have time to do a group cosplay sort of thing - no idea of my schedule, but even if we don't put something together, I'll look out for you! XD
It's the most well-documented, for sure. I kind of wish Travis Richey were a guest, but, alas, not this year.
Unread 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Mysta

Hello! Stumbled upon this thread trying to find info for a Inspector/constable costume pair. I'll be doing it at Dragon*Con as well! Does anyone have some good info on the two outfits? I was contemplating between the 'show' version, and the troy/abed version.(robes, etc)
Mysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Oh, crap! I didn't answer you. There's not a whole lot of images of the Constable's costume, but if you look at my Fifth Inspector pictures in my gallery, there are images of Travis Richey wearing his outfit from the show. He wore it at Kawa Kon last year.