Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 08-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
crossplaybecca

Crossplay Maid Help!

Hello all,

New user, first time post! A friend and I are going to Wizard World in Indy in February, and decided to both go as sexy french maids. Obviously, I'm going to have the most work to do in terms of preparation, etc.

Has anyone gone as a french maid before? I was reading elsewhere to step-by-step how-to guide for things like shaving, using fem products like shampoo, bodywash, body spray, etc, to complete the part.

This will be February, so pretty cold! We kinda picked out a french maid costume that would work. She has a theater friend who is going to do makeup for both of us. Just never done crossplay, and kind of excited/nervous so any tips are welcome!
crossplaybecca is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic

I've crossplayed as an anime maid a couple of times, you can see the pictures in my profile. Sometimes I shave my legs, sometimes I don't. I rarely shave my face any more, because the consensus is that I'm prettier with the beard

My girlfriend is maiding with me in some of the pics - that's an incredibly fun way to go, and guarantees picture requests!

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
builder396
Crossplayer

In case you dont want to have a visible beard i really recommend you wax your face, or at least shave before heading out to con and put some powder on to mask the beard a bit (but since you're getting makeup anyway, thats covered). Just dont underestimate how quickly a beard regrows, mine went from smooth and barely visible (i have dark hair so even if i freshly shaved its still visible a bit) to scratchy and well visible to the naked eye within half a day. Waxing simply keeps your face clean for weeks, although i havent done it yet (but next time, i swear to go, I WILL).

Shaving legs is actually rather easy if you want to do it, i would at least recommend it if you have to show skin around there, though its not 100% neccesary (and I found that thighhighs slip down more easily on shaved legs), you can essentially use a face razor for it, though there are also specialized ones. Just remember to be very gentle, otherwise you will scalp yourself instead. I recommend you do it a couple of times several months in advance to get the right feel for it so you dont have to go to the con with half your skin missing.

What you probably wanna look up a bit too, is kind of the behaviour and phrases that are associated with maids. It will definitely amaze people if you act authentically.

Next Cosplay:
Char B1 (Its a TANK, its not from an anime, unless you mean Girls und Panzer)

Planned cosplays:
Kaito Kid (Detective Conan/Case Closed and Magic Kaito)
builder396 is offline   Reply With Quote