Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #196
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

nikkimustang: I have some old shaping shorts that I bought in the lingerie section of a Target. They don't make too much of a difference, but enough that I'm nearly a full pant size smaller (in women's pant sizes).
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #197
nikkimustang
Amestris Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgmissy View Post
nikkimustang: I have some old shaping shorts that I bought in the lingerie section of a Target. They don't make too much of a difference, but enough that I'm nearly a full pant size smaller (in women's pant sizes).
And how convenient that I have a Target literally just down the street from me. Sounds like we have a good solution if they make you a pants size smaller (which would still be enough to help me out seemingly considerably). Thanks for the help!
nikkimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #198
Saavik8
i miss my heart

So here's my two cents

when it comes to binding/ slimming what i find works miracles are old dance leotards. I wear them over a sports bra and then *bam* instant-flatness... they also nicely smooth out the rest of the torso... of course this only works if you have something over them as they are quite visible... The trick is the type of body suit you buy...you don't want to have too much stretch in it...the ones I use are too small (they are old ones from my youth)

also if you want to look more manly i recommend that you use a good foundation for your entire face and neck and use it to slim down your lips and then cover it with a powder...When you use the powder also cover your lips...this will create the illusion of having thinner, paler lips...

sometimes to add that extra bit of man i also give myself a very faint five o'clock shadow... by using eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner (not liquid)...i first add a faint layer of eyeshadow and then make some light small strokes near the sideburn area with the eyeliner..after it is all smudged I cover it again with some powder...

finally if you want to lose weight i recommend taking up irish dancing...man that's weight-busting stuff... that and making sure to watch your diet... what works well for me (i'm now 5'8, 109 lbs) is eating a good breakfast (fruit, egg, juice) not eating much for lunch (water, fruit) and then eating a light dinner (salad, pasta, some protein (chicken, tofu)) and make sure to drink lots of water during the day, it helps keep you hydrated, and healthy...when you get hungry during the day have some water or juice and maybe cheese...I eat a lot of cheese...actually sometimes I just grate a bunch of cheese and eat it.... also i never use diet products...anyway that diet+lots of exercise works miracles...it also tones the stomach and legs and if you mix dance with pushups and weights you can tone the upperbody too
Saavik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #199
Ai Kazi

dunno if anyone has posted this yet....but Underworks is FANTASTIC for cutting away all the curves
Ai Kazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #200
thetollofdeath
Awesome McAwesomesauce

I hope the longer compression vest helps trim down some of my belly fat (and lovehandles) a bit,.. >__________> I need. to. work. on. my. butt.
Gilbert Beilschmidt (Prussia), Axis Powers Hetalia.
thetollofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #201
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

Oh man, I've learned so much from this thread. Thank you, everyone!

A note about exercise:

Keep in mind that AEROBIC exercise will burn fat (anything that raises your heart rate: running, skipping rope, DDR, chasing the bus you miss everyday, stair-machine, dancing). In order to lose weight you have to do one of these aerobic activities for AT LEAST 20 minutes at a time. NO LESS.

ANAEROBIC exercise will tone muscle. This is any and every sort of repetitive action that will make your muscles ache. Push ups, sit ups, bench presses, triceps, leg lifts, etc. This will make your muscles stand out. (Girls don't usually get muscle "bulk" but instead get that lean swimmer-arm look.) Don't forget to stretch before and after or you can damage your muscles.

I'm planning on playing Roxas and Cloud in the future and this is finally the motivation I need to move my lazy ass and get rid of my badonkadonk. I'm pretty slim, but a 10" difference between my waist and my hips will serve to be a pain. (Not to mention that Roxas has those freaking "chap" style pants which will only accentuate my ass.) '''OTL

My plan of attack? For the next three months (or more!) do a ton of aerobic exercises to shrink my bubble butt, as well as work my arms so I can sort of compare to Cloud's biceps. Come cosplay time, I'm gonna get one of those magical butt-slimmers shorts too.

Oh, and I noticed that a few people have complained about some boy characters that have a few things working in favor of crossplay.

For example, Sora, Riku, Cloud, and Zack all have pants that puff out on the bottom which will make your waist/butt/thighs look smaller by comparison. Same thing goes with any character wearing hakama pants. Sora, Cloud, and Zack also have shoulder armor (always a plus).

And remember, the bigger the hair is the smaller the hips will look. xD

</wall of text>
Peppermint Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 03:26 AM   #202
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Bee View Post
I'm planning on playing Roxas and Cloud in the future and this is finally the motivation I need to move my lazy ass and get rid of my badonkadonk. I'm pretty slim, but a 10" difference between my waist and my hips will serve to be a pain. (Not to mention that Roxas has those freaking "chap" style pants which will only accentuate my ass.) '''OTL
I see you found the thread I spoke of, little Bee. I approve of exercise and hope the both of us can trade routines--I'm hoping to tone and strengthen myself for strictly health reasons--but I hope your work-out won't involve loosing all of your pretty hips. Your body is beautiful and I would hate to see it change too much. All the insults upon yourself shall be logged and rebuffed when I see you next. Expect it. ;B

Also, a note for all: Cupid makes some nice girdles. I don't enjoy the word, but it's what they are and they slim down your rear nicely. Relatively cheap at Walmart and comes in a variety of sizes and colors. Good material, very sturdy and thick, and hugs a body like no one's business. I only tried one on for reference but, from the few moments I had it on, I thought it would be great for a cosplayer with a little more booty than I. :]
Unread 05-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #203
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZ View Post
I see you found the thread I spoke of, little Bee. I approve of exercise and hope the both of us can trade routines--I'm hoping to tone and strengthen myself for strictly health reasons--but I hope your work-out won't involve loosing all of your pretty hips. Your body is beautiful and I would hate to see it change too much. All the insults upon yourself shall be logged and rebuffed when I see you next. Expect it. ;B
Don't worry dear! I will not be losing my hips to exercise. My hip bones are relatively wide compared to my waist anyway (nothing I can do about that!), and I love them. <3 However, I can shrink my rear a bit and then pad my waist when going for the androgynous look. Getting my resting heart rate down will be a plus too. (Happy cardiovascular systems = happy cosplayer?)

Trust me, I'm not one to fret about my weight, I want to be healthy and strong! My arms are going to be awesome after my Operation Cloud work out! (EXTREEEEEEEEEEME) Maybe we can lift those five-pound dumbells together. xD

I didn't insult myself that much... did I?
Unread 05-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #204
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

I'm planning to crosplay Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. I think the snug shirt won't but much of a problem since I'm a small bust size anyway. The problem however lies in the bottom half. I have a "j-Lo" ass and even though Zack's pants are a bit baggy, I'm not sure it will be covered since he has a belt/harness that pulls his waist in more. My posture is pretty manish to begin with (always prefered hanging out with boys and play wrestle rather than sit with girls and play dolls). I also have slender shoulders and i'm short (5'2" at the most). Would I be alright or does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 02:41 AM   #205
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

Demy, you sound like you pretty much have my proportions. I'm also planning on playing Cloud from Crisis Core in Zack's clothing, so I know exactly what you mean. However, I've stalled on responding because I've NEVAH CROSSPLAYED BEFORE and therefore have no idea what I'm doing. All I can do is tell you what I'm planning to do to even out my hips, based on the info given to me on this thread.

1.) Don't skimp on the shoulder pads. Make those suckers big to even out that bottom half.
2.) Zack wears his belt really high on his waist. Form the optical illusion of having a long waist by wearing it down lower (more on your pelvic bone), and then DON'T cinch it all the way up. Last thing we need is Zack showing off a little princess waistline.
3.) Spankies-- aka: elastic shorts that suck your butt in. They don't do much for size, but they do help. (This is actually personal experience for once.)
4.) Make the bottom of the pants baggy. Once again, you want to make your hips seem smaller by making your shoulders and legs/feet bigger.

That's all I got. SOMEONE CORRECT ME PLEASE. Hopefully it's a little bit helpful. If you discover anything that works for you, please share! :)
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #206
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

Well, I have a major crossplaying goal I'm working on. I really want to crossplay as Gunji from Togainu no Chi. I should have no problem making the cosplay, but with the shape I'm in now, I'd rather make it for one of my skinnier cosplay friends than myself. I use to be over 200 pounds before I started cosplay. I lost around enough weight to weigh just under 180 pounds (I'm 5'11 in height), but my current diet and exercise isn't enough at the moment. I plan on taking a step further and I know this won't happen in a few months or anything. I actually don't have any set date for this, so once I get to the right image that's suiting to the character, I will cosplay him.

My major issues for this cosplay is my legs (mainly my thighs), my J-lo butt (which I can't stand because girls at work wish they had it), my upper arms, and my stomach.

I actually hate fast food, sweets, and junk food. I think my only weakness for food is udon noodles, but I'm not sure what's really in udon.

My goals:
-To have less of a butt and maybe lose some weight in my chest area.
-To have some abs (considering it's an open shirt crossplay).
-To lose weight and build up some muscle in my arms.
-To slim and tone my legs.

My weaknesses:
-My job tires me out so much that I feel drained by the time I come home and just want to sleep until tomorrow. (I'm up and about on my feet for six to seven hours straight five days out of the week without a break.)
-My father gets really pissed if I don't eat his cooking at night. (I usually take very small portions of it, but he gets mad at that too.) He cooks mainly meat, which I hate very much myself. So, I need to be brave tell him I can't really eat much of what he cooks anymore.

What I'm going to do:
-Do about 100 or so sit-ups at night.
-Walk my dogs twice a day.
-Go biking every day for at least two hours.
-Go hiking at least twice a week.
-Start up water aerobics again.
-Cut down on my serving portions.
-Replace snacks with plenty of water.
-Cut out more breads. (Even though all I ever eat is whole grain breads.)
-Keep eating mainly fish and eggs as my protein. (I hate chicken, pork, and beef.)
-Keep eating mainly fresh fruit and veggies all of the time.

I'm not really sure what to do for the upper arms that doesn't involve a gym. I also cannot do a push-up for the life of me. Even a girl push-up is hard for me. Even when my mom was in the military she couldn't even do one, nor can any of my sisters. (Which is weird because my lil sister is very fit.) Any suggestions for this would be helpful.
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #207
iaShakezula

Well I guess I always crossplay.I love guys clothes.
My Hips are not that broader than my shoulders, i am pretty slim already but I do need just to pad my waist a little for tight fitting guy clothes.
About the pants, I do wear then lower ,especially when I have a belt on..and most of my shirt are loose anyway.
I do tend to walk and stand like a boy when I am wearing male clothes.I could be mistaken for a lesbian if I were in the wrong side of the town.
I do like the visual Kei look on those skinny Japanese dudes.
My friend K is very tall and skinny, she could pass for those skinny tall anime men and she looks great.I can only crossplay for the medium size , shorter "uke " type characters.

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-19-2009 at 10:47 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #208
Tatsu-chan

ok so I am crossplaying as luppi from bleach!
Here is a picture:
http://shiru00.deviantart.com/art/BL...i-kun-71952085
http://eldanis.deviantart.com/art/Luppi-104550152
as you can see he has a tiny bit of hip to him but not much considering he is a guy, my problem? I have a lot of hip, because in addition to havig a larger bone structure I have some fat, I'm excedrcising to get rid of some of the fat and that is working but I think I'll still have a bit too much hip and people will be able to tell I'm a girl, but the costume doesn't really allow for bingiing around the waist or padding it, any suggestions? or should I just not worry?
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #209
Jav

Well I always been into Crossplay, I'm pretty tall,and slim 5'9.I naturally walk,sit,stand like a guy sadly -_- not intentionally either.. But I"ve noticed all the recent cosplay I'm doing with my buddy, I'm crossplaying as the taller one,lolz.

Btw Tatsu-Chan
I saw the pics, I think you don't exactly have to worry to much,but I do suggest that since he does have some exposed hips and you say you have alot of hips, exercise can be one and the other can be if you make the outfit you should make the area where the hips are exposed a bit smaller,but not to small to notice a huge difference,but that's all I have to say sorry if it doesn't help =[
Jav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #210
sweet_oneesama
Incurable otaku XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Bee View Post
Don't worry dear! I will not be losing my hips to exercise. My hip bones are relatively wide compared to my waist anyway (nothing I can do about that!), and I love them.
I'm like that too and it's so annoying... my waist is only 26" and my hips are soooo wide but I have practically no fat on them, it's how far my bones stick out! It's ridiculous...
I'm worried that this will be a problem when I cosplay Riku. His pants are worn so low, and his shirt exposes part of his midriff. Will the fact that my hip bones stick out be revealing feminine?
sweet_oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote