Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.84 average.
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #361
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Are compression vest things good?

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #362
carnival
tl;dr

can someone suggest a good brand for body shape wear? D: i need something to keep my tummy in, and make my hips/thighs/butt a little smaller.

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #363
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Sooooooo, I was just a tad curious. I have this thread bookmarked and I'm going to be crossplaying Akihiko from Persona 3. His clothes aren't tight, it's a uniform, and thankfully I have no ass. I'm going to be getting a compression shirt, I have a 40 in chest and a 32 in waist. @.@ I'm going to get one from underworks, but trying to decide which type and what size. I've figured out my chest size by averaging my bust and underbust which equals a medium in men's ( I think it came out to 36in), but then I had a girl said she went up 2 or 3 sizes from the average. So I wonder if I should just get a size that matches my chest size? Or go one below? Because the girl that suggested it said she couldn't fit into hers, so I don't want to be too small or too large. I have a hard enough time cramming my boobs into shirts unless I get baggy ones. lol I might think about getting those spanx or slimming shorts, although like I mentioned I have no ass, but I'm very curvy, I have an hourglass figure which I like normally. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #364
Kawaii Pocky

It says medium is 36-39 so that's below large 37-40 in. I dunno. T.T
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #365
Identity-Crisis

I've seen a lot of people mentioning padding your waist, but I haven't seen any that say how. (I don't feel like searching through every page)

What should you use and how should you go about doing it?
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #366
MonochromeShine
See wha ha'happen was...

Kawaii Pocky: For Underworks, buy on the range that matches your measures. The compression shirt will be hard to get on, but that just means that it's going to flatten you out. There are methods (some in this thread, I think) that should help you get it on and off, and eventually you get used to it. I have an Underworks 997(Double Front), which I love, but if you don't want to deal with the extra length their Tri-top gets a lot of good reviews.

Being a queer, queer child, I've been working on perfecting the ability to transfer, in only a second or two, between masculine and feminine body language. I have fooled some of my best friends when they aren't paying attention. So here's what I've learned.

Tuck your butt under you. This is a trick I picked up as an equestrian, but if you can tuck your butt under, it lessens its impact. It'll feel a little weird when you first start doing it, but it helps. If your knees are bent slightly, you're doing it right

Slouch. If you can get away with it, dear God, slouch. It's pretty masculine-looking, and it can detract from your waist. You don't have to slouch a lot. Just roll your shoulders forward a little. Curve your spine.

Spread those feet! About shoulder width is good-- it'll feel weird, especially if you try walking with your feet so far apart, but keep in mind that your shoulders are narrower and you're making up for not having dangly bits.

Weight in your heels. This comes fairly naturally for me, as a result of tucking my rear end under. It seems to help--maybe it has something to do with centers of gravity? I'm not certain at all that's the reason, but it seems plausible to me.

If you need help with mannerisms, honestly the best place to start is FtM forums and sites. You'll get a lot of information on voice, posture, mannerisms and you don't have to dig around too much.
Fushimi Saruhiko: 10%
Agatsuma Soubi: 90%
Scar gijinka: 10%

Complete
Delirium
Izaya Orihara
Inga
MonochromeShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #367
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonochromeShine View Post
Kawaii Pocky: For Underworks, buy on the range that matches your measures. The compression shirt will be hard to get on, but that just means that it's going to flatten you out. There are methods (some in this thread, I think) that should help you get it on and off, and eventually you get used to it. I have an Underworks 997(Double Front), which I love, but if you don't want to deal with the extra length their Tri-top gets a lot of good reviews.

Being a queer, queer child, I've been working on perfecting the ability to transfer, in only a second or two, between masculine and feminine body language. I have fooled some of my best friends when they aren't paying attention. So here's what I've learned.

Tuck your butt under you. This is a trick I picked up as an equestrian, but if you can tuck your butt under, it lessens its impact. It'll feel a little weird when you first start doing it, but it helps. If your knees are bent slightly, you're doing it right

Slouch. If you can get away with it, dear God, slouch. It's pretty masculine-looking, and it can detract from your waist. You don't have to slouch a lot. Just roll your shoulders forward a little. Curve your spine.

Spread those feet! About shoulder width is good-- it'll feel weird, especially if you try walking with your feet so far apart, but keep in mind that your shoulders are narrower and you're making up for not having dangly bits.

Weight in your heels. This comes fairly naturally for me, as a result of tucking my rear end under. It seems to help--maybe it has something to do with centers of gravity? I'm not certain at all that's the reason, but it seems plausible to me.

If you need help with mannerisms, honestly the best place to start is FtM forums and sites. You'll get a lot of information on voice, posture, mannerisms and you don't have to dig around too much.
THanks, that's still very helpful. It's just weird for a girl to walk with your feet so far apart. It feels weird. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #368
MonochromeShine
See wha ha'happen was...

I'm glad I could help! And yeah, it does feel weird. Eventually you get sort of used to it though.
Fushimi Saruhiko: 10%
Agatsuma Soubi: 90%
Scar gijinka: 10%

Complete
Delirium
Izaya Orihara
Inga
MonochromeShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #369
Fritters

I tried my best to skim through the thread (though I am half loopy on pain meds due to an injury, so I admit I didn't try too hard), but I was wondering...

I keep seeing issues with bigger butts and bigger hips, but I happen to have little to no hips and a very large rump and chest. I have a compression shirt (which is SO much less painful than ace bandage binding or anything like that), but I can't figure out a comfortable way to visually lessen the size of my butt. D:

Any tips?
Fritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #370
Ilafatyu
That guy

I'm going to be crossplaying a character with an exposed stomach (like almost all the way up to the binding, and as low as it goes without breaking decency laws). I have wide hips. Not nice soft padding that can be squished down, but solid bone. Any suggestions for how to make them less obvious? Internet research pointed me to working on my obliques, but I don't think it'll be enough.

Thanks, guys.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Utatane Piko - default (Vocaloid) - 90%
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #371
Chryso

My Rufio crossplay has a bare stomach as well, and I am pretty damn curvy especially around my butt/thighs. My oufit was readily made to hide my curves though. What sort of outfit were you thinking of, and is there one that can hide curves via bagginess? Can you sneak a jacket in and have it still be accepted as canon?

What helped a lot for me was Rufio's bulky jacket which overhung my sides and hid the shape of my waist. I also wore my pants lower, but my belt sat on my hips to hide the curves there and gave the impression of a longer torso.
In the mirror, practice sucking in your core (abs). You'll find that it pulls your chest down and tucks your butt under giving the illusion of less curves.
Posing in ways that hide the outline of your waist may help, like crossed arms. Just make sure it doesn't emphasise your chest.

Padding in the shoulders and posing with arms apart to give the illusion of wider shoulders/torso and lessen the appearance of hourglass shape. Practise in the mirror and see what works for you.

My Rufio crossplay demonstrating the above: http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...05723399_n.jpg

Hope it helps.

EDIT - ignore the slipped binder in this shot, this has a good impression of how the belt sat to give the impression of less curves. http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...34070446_n.jpg

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 04-03-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote