Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 07-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #91
Shelke
~ ~ ~ ~

all in all i'm not like a size 0 but either way if i starved myself my hips would still be wider than most girls cause of my genes... i dont mind too much i think hips are sexy. LOL.

...and my hips don't lie and ...
sry random song moment

but Im cosplaying Axel. who is like size -7. and his hips are probably 10 inches around hahahaha.

So thats the reason i wanna go as an organization coat because they naturally give both the men and women a curve. O_o.
Yami Bakura

~~~
we're walking in the air
we're floating in the moonlit sky..
Shelke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #92
Melodious_me
StinkFish

Ohhh.. I'm in a bit of a spot.

I really really want to Cosplay Sanosuke Sagara from Kenshin..But I have a big problem.

I've tried to bind with Ace Bandages and such, which works..Fairly well..
But Sano only wears those bandages around his tummy...And I plan on raising them..But..I have a problem with the whole sports bra thing...

But I'd have to cut the straps for the costume, and I'm afraid a Sports bra wouldn't quite holed me up. Aha ha.

If anyone could understand that, kudos! Help would be very nice.
If you need pictures ask!

Upcoming cons...
Anime Punch, Marcon, Acen

Planned costumes...
Ellis - Left 4 Dead 2
Kyle Broflovski - South Park
Melodious_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2006, 05:30 AM   #93
itoshigo
back from the dead

I myself have an interest in crossplay, I've always thought it to be great fun! ^-^ From manga, anime, reg. tv, anything that involves it I'll take a peek.

So, "what's the point?" Right??
Well, the other day, I was channel-surfing and stopped on Nick's Zoey101 when I saw what they were doing.
One of the main girl's was cross-dressing to prove a point.

Then they showed how the girls of the show were making a believable boy out of the one girl, I thought, "D***! That's a great idea!!"

So,...
A new-ish tip for those of us lady to fellow crossers!

For some of us, we'll still need light binding, but under neath the main costume, try using a sort of "muscle suit."
Example:
http://xodiac.fo.cx/onyxmuscle.html

It'd do the basics that padding can, add shoulder breadth, and it'll hide a multiude of feminity. ^o~

Oh!! I forgot!
I was trying out some idea for simpler costumes, where a muscle suit might be too much, and came across an idea.
Try to use a blazer if you're doing a casual oufit crossplay, specifically one with pin tucking on the back, around natural high waist.

The pin tucks will add to the effect of the shoulders being broad; and if the blazer has light padding, that's even better.
For how to use the blazer, try to wear it in the typical "mafia fashion."
Googled another example:http://www.geocities.com/maryspage2002/mafia4.jpg

*phew!!*
That's all I've got for now at least! ^-^'''
Best wishes,
Ito

- PLANNED CONS:
* Sukoshicon Montgomery
* DRAGON*CON 2014, all 4-days
* AWA (maybe)
- PLANNED COS (TBD):
* TBA | * Hange/Hanji Zoë casual & scout, SnK
* Ramona Flowers, SP |* Princess Bubblegum normal & punk, AT
* Agent Carter, MCU |* Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black
itoshigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #94
AmazonPrincess
certified geek-girl

Has anyone tried Spanx to slim the butt/hips/thighs? I've heard it works well as an all-over smoother sort of garment, not quite shapewear, not quite a girdle but more industrial strength control top pantyhose...

I'm curious to see if it helps with crossplay.
AmazonPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 03:38 AM   #95
amaya_nin
~Hyuu~Hyuu~

Hello ^^ I was wandering if someone could help me with this, not sure if this goes in here but I'll throw it out there. I'm cosplaying as Fai/Fye/Fay how you spell it ( for those who don't know who it is http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...puhh/fai04.jpg his the blond on the left) as you can see..his..beyond small and I'm a..well rounded out girl, I'll have his big coat over that outfit but not all the time (its going to be hot)

Cosplays '08
Air Gear- Kazuma 'Kazu' (Team)
Death Note- Matt (Manga)
Fruits Basket- Shigure
amaya_nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 12:17 AM   #96
AquaHaute

Does that bubblewrap technique at the waist work if you're wearing a bodysuit over it? I want to crossplay Solid Snake sometime and I'm planning ways to do so effectively - my facial structure will never pass but I want to do as good a job as possible.
Anime Central 2005: Female Oracle, Final Fantasy Tactics
Anime Central 2006: Sniper Wolf, Metal Gear Solid, Female Oracle FF Tactics
Youmacon 2006: Sniper Wolf, MGS1
Youmacon 2007: Femal Oracle, FF Tactics

Future cosplay ideas: The Sorrow, The Boss (both outfits), Female Summoner (FFT), Shuji and Chise (Saikano), Chell (Portal)
AquaHaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #97
tsukishiro.chan
xSTARCROWN

i dont think i'll make a very good guy, but im planning to crossplay sometime. I'm sorta short, and my waist goes in too much to look guy-ish. i dunno if i have broad or narrow shoulders, but you can check my gallery. i have short legs, and a long waist. A good thing i have going for me, is that im kind flat chested so i can just wear a regular bra and such. so any tips? if this is in the wrong area, then.....forget i asked i guess
tsukishiro.chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #98
Megx
....is Currently Single!

The best tip I really have for getting rid of the curve that goes from hip to waist is to create a renaissance style corest, omitting just enough of the boning that you can wear it lowe on the body. Those styles of corsets are ALL flat, no room for boobage, and if you wear it around the waist and hips, backwards, then you get rid of that 'natural' curve. This works best if you have the chance to wear a bodysuit or if your waist is covered.
Lord Larry's Costumes- Sir Robin, Monty Python's Holy Grail

If you catch Megx and Lord Larry at A-Kon you get a Free Toaster!
Megx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #99
Epi_lepsia

Okay, i'm pretty thin. But i have a big, bouncy, femenine butt. How can i disimulate it? i have tried everything and bandage doesn't work T~T is there any sport shorts or something it could help? I've already read the tips above, and i need *specifically* tips for disimulating my butt, everything is useful.

Thanks T_T

BY THE WAY: i crossplay a lot... bbut this time i must use tight shorts for the costume...!
Unread 11-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #100
kyo^fangirl

I could probablly find the answer by back reading, but I'm lazy... What do I do if I'm a big girl? Big as in, I have wide hips naturally?
kyo^fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #101
Cosplayangel09
Haruno Sakura FTW

a few mniutes ago, i dug in my closet 4 an ace bandage i knew was there and bound my bosom. im still wearing it but it hurts. actually its not hurting as much as it did about 2 minutes ago. i looked in the mirror and i do kinda look...masculine.
"If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death! If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death! If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death! And if he gouges out my eyes, I'll curse him from beyond the grave! Even if I'm torn to shreds, I'm taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru!" -Naruto(Shippuuden)[/center]
Cosplayangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2006, 07:23 PM   #102
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

kyo^fangirl - Do you have wide shoulders as well? If you do, you can get away with just a little padding and you'd look like a broader guy (personal experience). If your shoulders are 'normal girl size', then I guess the only way to go is to insert shoulder pads in your costumes.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #103
FullMetal Tora
Chocolate Enthusiast

Okay, I know how everyone was talking about standing on both legs in the "guy stance" and all.... but I'm cosplaying as Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto and that guy is the king of slouching! He's always standing with his weight on one leg... but when i tried it, it looked girly... >.< Also, i tried making the costume baggy to hide my curves, but sometimes i get the feeling it just makes me look fat... Anywho, here are some pics, maybe someone could give me some tips or a little encouragement or something...

http://uchiha-akari.blogspot.com/

Next appearance:ALA 2010
~Deviant Art~

If you can't differentiate between "you're" and "your," you deserve to die. The Apostrophe Protection Society Yes. I am a Grammar Nazi.
FullMetal Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #104
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I might have a solution:

When girls put the weight on one foot, they tend to jut out a hip. When guys do it, they keep their torso straight (or it appears that they keep their torso straight, because they lack hips).

(Actually, my little brother tends to put most of his weight on one foot, and he ends up being completely slanted o.O)
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #105
FullMetal Tora
Chocolate Enthusiast

*nod* that makes sense... so i guess i'll just try standing really, really straight while slouching.... somehow... >.<

Next appearance:ALA 2010
~Deviant Art~

If you can't differentiate between "you're" and "your," you deserve to die. The Apostrophe Protection Society Yes. I am a Grammar Nazi.
FullMetal Tora is offline   Reply With Quote