Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Undertaker^^
Ghost Type Pokemon

6 Months any ideas?

Okay i got like six months ( dont know if its possible ) to go from like 310 or something with big belly and crap, to get to a six pack ( sadly i can't just stop at "normal" i gotta go to the point of six pack for my cosplay ).

Any ideas? ( p.s. i really can't make it to the gym everyday sadly not enough time )

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon )
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Safely and naturally, calculating a max of 2 lbs/week lost, best chance is to lose around 54 pounds. It'll get you down in weight a bit, but not quite to the point of a six pack. Just to lose that much that fast will be difficult.

An intense mix of HIIT (high intensity interval training), cardio and strength training is probably your best choice as per working out. Your biggest enemy is laziness and wanting to eat over your calorie allotment (never under 1300 for guys).

Last edited by Slapthefatcat : 01-22-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Well, unless you are an off-season bodybuilder getting ready to start a cocktail of fancy expensive drugs ... nope.

Like Slap pointed out, to safely drop the weight, you need to take your time.

Assuming you don't have a ton of training experience, and aren't super tall, you probably won't see a full six pack before the 160s; less if you're short, higher if you're taller. That even might be generous.

So you likely have about 150lbs to drop to hit your goal. If you are super, mega dedicated, have professional medical, nutritional and physiological supervision I'd say you might manage a year and a half. To be realistic though? Probably about 3 years.

That is not to say you can't achieve some amazing results in six months. You could definitely drop 50+ pounds in those first few months, as when you first start dieting and exercising you are going to get the most extreme results.

So best of luck, and if you really want to see a difference, find some professional help to guide you.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
ctg21361

I agree with the two previous responses. You need time. Unrealistic expectations (especially those 'in just ___ days/weeks/months') will just sabotage your efforts.
ctg21361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Undertaker^^
Ghost Type Pokemon

Alright, thanks... x3 i am actually 6.6 ft so im pretty tall, but still your right ill try to do what i can in that time though ^^

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon )
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
siliconsaint

A few thoughts that have worked for me. Reducing your calorie in take is important. Sign up for weight watchers and use the service for a few months to help you keep on your calorie goals until you become familiar with the food you can eat every day to burn off some weight. Then you can cancel the service and stick to your new plan.
siliconsaint is offline   Reply With Quote