Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
JSMC168

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetwixtReality View Post
The person above me is an M! This topic is an S! The new layout is an M! You for reading this are also an M! The person who answers my question is an S!

So yeah I'm putting together my Kagerou costume and have a query to fellow fans: For his mask, I plan on covering the eye holes so you can't see my eyes just like they are in the series. Any suggestions on a good material for this that won't leave me completely blind? Mostly blind is still acceptable.
U can use sheer black fabric so u can see through it n other ppl cant see the other side of the mask

- Alois Trancy - Hannah ver.
- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Tails of Xillia 2 - Elle
- Lamento - Firi
- Rozen Maiden - Souseiseki

JSMC168 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
BetwixtReality

Hm, yeah I considered that but I'm not sure I'll be able to find it in the right shade. His eye holes aren't actually black or white but a creme/tan color. Maybe nylons? Or would those be too thin do you think?
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
JSMC168

I would prob just make it black with ribbon so i dont have to deal with the fray ends, hahahha less frustration

- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Lamento - Firi

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
AyAmee-Chan

I actually just cosplayed Soushi in his uniform with a friend as Riri during Katsu.
Hoping to do his youkai form for Otakon, only struggling with those tails!
Anyone have some advice? Going try to do it with some wire, fake fur, and bear stuffing (if I can find it all!) just contemplating how I'm gonna attach it to me.
AyAmee-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #20
BetwixtReality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAmee-Chan View Post
I actually just cosplayed Soushi in his uniform with a friend as Riri during Katsu.
Hoping to do his youkai form for Otakon, only struggling with those tails!
Anyone have some advice? Going try to do it with some wire, fake fur, and bear stuffing (if I can find it all!) just contemplating how I'm gonna attach it to me.
I have a friend who wants to do that costume, she hasn't started except for planning but she was telling me she was going to make a harness since if those tails are accurate size and full of stuffing then it is going to be really freaking heavy. (Those things are huge.) I personally also thought she might do better creating wire mesh frames covered with fabric sheathes so they are lighter, but still think a harness would be a good idea since they are so unwieldy.
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
AyAmee-Chan

Quote:
I have a friend who wants to do that costume, she hasn't started except for planning but she was telling me she was going to make a harness since if those tails are accurate size and full of stuffing then it is going to be really freaking heavy. (Those things are huge.) I personally also thought she might do better creating wire mesh frames covered with fabric sheathes so they are lighter, but still think a harness would be a good idea since they are so unwieldy.
oooo wire mesh that's an interesting idea
I saw another thread for a character that had tails like this discussing stuffing some of the tails instead with balloons to make them lighter/poseable
But hmm Wire mesh sounds good for that too I might have to glance around.
This is going to be a lot of experimenting xD;
Eridan - God tier ver.
Walker - (maybe)
AyAmee-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
BetwixtReality

Yeah, I've never worked with it other than one home improvement project involving chicken wire my dad had me help with a loooong time ago so I can't be sure it would work but in my head it seems legit. I'd test out different wires to see what is bendable enough to be given shape but strong enough to hold itself up. If it can't be bent into shape without losing its ability to hold shape you might be able to 'sew' it. Take something strong and tie the ends so that it is forced to curl into the roundness of the tail. Just throwing out ideas now though, again I don't have experience with the material so I'd do your own research and testing!

Now I need to figure out what Kagerou's wig color should be, plain black and I can use it for other costumes or the grey/purple/black that is more accurate to the shade used in the anime...
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #23
JSMC168

Quote:
Yeah, I've never worked with it other than one home improvement project involving chicken wire my dad had me help with a loooong time ago so I can't be sure it would work but in my head it seems legit. I'd test out different wires to see what is bendable enough to be given shape but strong enough to hold itself up. If it can't be bent into shape without losing its ability to hold shape you might be able to 'sew' it. Take something strong and tie the ends so that it is forced to curl into the roundness of the tail. Just throwing out ideas now though, again I don't have experience with the material so I'd do your own research and testing!

Now I need to figure out what Kagerou's wig color should be, plain black and I can use it for other costumes or the grey/purple/black that is more accurate to the shade used in the anime...
I thought kagerou's wig is more of a dark blue color

- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Lamento - Firi

Unread 05-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
BetwixtReality

Yeah sometimes it is really blue, like: http://download.minitokyo.net/Inu.X.Boku.SS.570344.jpg and https://yande.re/sample/4e1b39a950d4...7%20sample.jpg, but then it looks purple, like: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ahJa4otbX0.../inu.PNG11.PNG and http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...Episode505.png and then other times it is sort of a mix or blackish: http://static.zerochan.net/full/17/18/985917.jpg, http://lh4.ggpht.com/-WjtSJglKeRg/T2...2%2525 5D.jpg, and http://www.webacg.com/uploadfile/201...6082534365.jpg. So I searched for a 'Kagerou wig' and came up with these two, very blue or the mix I described: http://www.moemall.com/images/l/201203/13328301160.jpg the mix and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inu-x-Boku-S...em4602a0 7678 the blue one. But I could just order a long black wig of that style which I'd then be able to use for other cosplays. It's a decision between accuracy and economy. XP
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
JSMC168

I personally would go for the ebay one LOLL but it just kinda depends on how important is thsi cos to u

- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Lamento - Firi

Unread 06-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #26
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Ooh~ yay! Others who are planning to cosplay from this series ^u^ much happiness!
I started on making the Demon form of Ririchiyo. I noticed how the skirt portion was more like a kendo pants (so there's a slit/hole at the side). I decided to change that into pockets - incase I want to put stuff on me (camera, wallet) during cons.

I also want to make the Demon Soushi for my friend - but no idea how to tackle his volumnous tails (keeping it as light weight as possible - if that's even possible!) XD Anyone got experience for tackling his tails? *o*

*edit: just saw above about tails situation too. Will look into it and see hwat i can find out :] His tails are a lot like Ahri's (so i looked into that). At this point... I think wearing them like a backpack could really help. It all makes sense in my head - but i'lll give it a shot and see what happens X3

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Last edited by Krye : 06-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
TheAsianUnicorn

Hey everyone, I'm planning to cosplay as Roromiya Karuta in her school uniform. Does anyone know a pattern similar to the dress or what the dress is called?

Here are some reference pictures:
http://www.zerochan.net/969910
http://www.zerochan.net/1118337
TheAsianUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #28
AriannaSterling
Writerly Nerd

I'll be cosplaying Nobara at Matsuricon this year, with my boyfriend as Renshou
AriannaSterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
benihime
Kimono Queen

I also LOVE this series and really want to cosplay from it!
I LOVE Riri's (haha shortened..) demon form! only thing is i'm busty...but I guess my boyfriend will LOVE that. haha
but does anyone know what kind of stockings she wears because it looks like a garter but I've never worn them before?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
BetwixtReality

Honestly, I've never seen anything like that. It does look a little like a garter but not really. I think you would probably have to custom make it somehow. Maybe take a pair of stockings and try to trim them into that shape? I really have no idea.