Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Yeah, her stockings are really weird. It's a garter with the stockings actually attached to them. I don't think that actually exists in real life though.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #32
BetwixtReality

Question: This is the pattern I'm using to make Kagerou's cape: http://www.mode-schnitte.de/images/p...ges/3021_0.jpg
Do you think that it is too full of a cape for him?
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Anyone have or know of a pattern for their school uniform?
Here's image: Click

It's quite simple looking, but no matter how I look at it... I can't seem to figure it out :< Any tips from those who made it? I'm trying to make it a one-piece dress (the black portion. The blouse will be a separate piece~)

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #34
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetwixtReality View Post
Question: This is the pattern I'm using to make Kagerou's cape: http://www.mode-schnitte.de/images/p...ges/3021_0.jpg
Do you think that it is too full of a cape for him?
I know this is an insanely late response in a half-dead thread, but I think it's fine for him.

Also, quite a bit of news on my part. I've received my Ririchiyo wig, and it is absolutely perfect. It tangles easily, but all long wigs do..so I really have to point anyone needing a Ririchiyo wig to youngfun2012's store on eBay. We asked for express shipping, which was only something like 8 more dollars, and it arrived right before Christmas.
Also, last night, I ordered my Ririchiyo cosplay I am insanely excited for it. She is my twin in personality, and my first female cosplay, so I really just hope I can do her justice. I also made sure to get the school uniform before the demon form in case I wanted to do Karuta later..which I probably will if I can order the Watanuki plushie that I want.
My only two real worries are the stockings and creeps. Creeps I'll try to deal with on my own, but do you guys think getting a normal pair of tights and cutting them into the shape of garters (and leaving the top as a kind of shorts-shape) would work as a replacement of garters? I can't really get them because I'm a minor and I honestly doubt my parents would let me get them in the first place.
For reference, I would be doing something like this: http://s1167.beta.photobucket.com/us...06fc8.jpg.html
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #35
HaiYessiChu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I know this is an insanely late response in a half-dead thread, but I think it's fine for him.

Also, quite a bit of news on my part. I've received my Ririchiyo wig, and it is absolutely perfect. It tangles easily, but all long wigs do..so I really have to point anyone needing a Ririchiyo wig to youngfun2012's store on eBay. We asked for express shipping, which was only something like 8 more dollars, and it arrived right before Christmas.
Also, last night, I ordered my Ririchiyo cosplay I am insanely excited for it. She is my twin in personality, and my first female cosplay, so I really just hope I can do her justice. I also made sure to get the school uniform before the demon form in case I wanted to do Karuta later..which I probably will if I can order the Watanuki plushie that I want.
My only two real worries are the stockings and creeps. Creeps I'll try to deal with on my own, but do you guys think getting a normal pair of tights and cutting them into the shape of garters (and leaving the top as a kind of shorts-shape) would work as a replacement of garters? I can't really get them because I'm a minor and I honestly doubt my parents would let me get them in the first place.
For reference, I would be doing something like this: http://s1167.beta.photobucket.com/us...06fc8.jpg.html
Hey! I'm also doing Ririchiyo's demon form. ^^ I was also thinking of getting regular tights and cutting them up. I'm only worried that I might mess them up or something. Plus, tights are very fragile and I wouldn't want to accidentally stretch them out (from the thin part).

Just some things to keep in mind, overall it should be fine.

Oh! I'm curious of your wig. Do you think you can post a picture or two? I looked at the user and their pictures, I want to see how it compares. ^^ Only if you don't mind.

Also, do you think the wig fits small? I'm also worried to order wigs from Ebay because they tend to run small.

Anyways, sorry for all the questions!
HaiYessiChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #36
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiYessiChu View Post
Hey! I'm also doing Ririchiyo's demon form. ^^ I was also thinking of getting regular tights and cutting them up. I'm only worried that I might mess them up or something. Plus, tights are very fragile and I wouldn't want to accidentally stretch them out (from the thin part).

Just some things to keep in mind, overall it should be fine.

Oh! I'm curious of your wig. Do you think you can post a picture or two? I looked at the user and their pictures, I want to see how it compares. ^^ Only if you don't mind.

Also, do you think the wig fits small? I'm also worried to order wigs from Ebay because they tend to run small.

Anyways, sorry for all the questions!
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I can't get many good pictures of it ;-; But it is amazing...and a much better color than their customer photo makes it look. It fits fine on me, and I've got a larger head and thick hair, so it should be fine. ^^
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #37
HaiYessiChu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I can't get many good pictures of it ;-; But it is amazing...and a much better color than their customer photo makes it look. It fits fine on me, and I've got a larger head and thick hair, so it should be fine. ^^
Okay.. I kind of have a medium-large head, I may order it. ^^ It's not too expensive so that's good.
HaiYessiChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #38
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiYessiChu View Post
Okay.. I kind of have a medium-large head, I may order it. ^^ It's not too expensive so that's good.
Well, with a wig as long as hers head size to wig cap size isn't a HUGE issue. ^^ You'll have to tell me how it goes, though.

On my front, Dear god I am anxious for my costume to come in. My brain is going "They said 15 days. 15 Days. It's been like. 15-16? Maybe. OH GOD WHAT IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG." It is ridiculous xDD If it's not shipped by the end of the week, though, I am going to get dad to email them about it. I just want it now ;-;

In more recent news, if I can figure out the last few kinks of this (and make one that ISN'T horribly paper [Except I used duct tape] mached) then I might have found a way to make Ririchiyo horns using only toilet paper rolls, paper, paper mache tools, and paint. :3 It isn't AMAZING by any stretch but considering you can make it nearly free, it's pretty decent. I might post a mini-tutorial here or on dA if anyone wants one.
If this works, too, I might end up instead of doing Inori, doing demon Ririchiyo. Then I get to attempt making her armguards and naginata too :3
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #39
Mae Bliss

I just finished watching the show (in like 2 days), I loved it! I wanna read the manga when it's released in english this year. I'm also planning a Karuta cosplay after I'm done with what I'm working on now. I'm planning on making her school uniform, although if I can convince my boyfriend to watch the show and go as Kagerou I'll wear her maid outfit and leash.

So this thread has been dead a while, and I'm sure PPs who were posting about Riri's weird tights have already figured something out, but in case anyone in the future searches for this thread- they do actually make tights like the ones she wears in her demon form. You can find them by searching for crotchless tights or suspender tights on ebay (warning: you will see butts) although most I've seen are pretty sheer or fishnet. Hope that helps someone
Mae Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #40
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Hey guys~ With all the new trends in tights/stockings, there's actually some with prints that "look" like garter w/ socks. I found some here: ROMWE Tights There's quite a few designs that cut really close to itHope this helps some of you~

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #41
Belladonnana

This thread is almost dead, nooo.
==================
Belladonnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #42
Mae Bliss

I'm working on a Karuta costume right now, so maybe I can revive it, haha! I've been making a pattern for her school uniform jumper, and I'm going to be making the shirt in my costume making class! Wig's in the mail too I've got some sketches/pics of how I draped the jumper pattern I can share once it's done
Mae Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #43
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I've really been wanting to do Ririchiyo or Karuta. Can't decide..I like Karuta's power though lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #44
oreburgh
awkward turtle

I want to make youkai Soushi, but I have no idea how to tAckle that outfit...
oreburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #45
Eldi
Sneak thief

I've seen like 5 school uniforms from this show listed in the marketplace here recently... all the while I've been plugging away sewing my own, hahaha. they tempt me! I've had a lot of setbacks on this costume (karuta) but I think I'm almost done!

ETA: has anyone seen a good makeup tutorial for karuta? i've looked at several but none really captured her look quite the way I was hoping to. I don't know much about character/cosplay makeup, so I'm not sure I could create it myself...

Last edited by Eldi : 04-13-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote