Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Emagyne
Just Another Static Heart

Need Help with Odd Steampunk...

I've got my first convention in February, and I want to debut my first Steampunk persona. However, my persona is a shapeshifting thief, who happens to turn into a fox. I'm need ideas as to what I can carry with me to get that point across, such as tools, furs, etc. Any help would be appreciated!
Emagyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Fox tails of course are always a good idea to have on you. I would do some body paint on the hands and feet to look a bit like the black paws of a fox (maybe making it look a bit more like dirt or grease from being on the streets). As for the thief side, you could have lots of tools like files and picks that would be used for opening doors. I would carry them in a little tool bag that you can attach to a belt or strap around your leg or arm. Maybe even some rope that would be used for climbing somewhere on you would be good too.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Scorpion89
The Master

What time period are you looking at for your costume IE Victorian or later say early 19th Century if you can give me that I can point you in the right directions for tools clothing. As for the shape shifting part get your self a pair of color contacts to start with, the tail isa good idea not sure about the the hair on the hands yuo could do something with you shoe's like adding fur to the top. Also maybe do something with your ears adding a fox like part to your ears and look to get a pair of fangs not Vampire fangs.