Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
NightlessAngel

Unhappy Weight Issue

Dear somebody-I-don't-know,

I'm new here and having issue with one problem: my weight.

I tried to jog on the treadmill for 20 minutes (still doing it today) and every time I lose weight I

keep gaining back, and I'm tired of this struggle if anyone reads this can you please give any

tips or advice to help me lose this problem.

Your new member,

NightlessAngel
NightlessAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Why is this in the site headquarters?

Anyway, 20 minutes isn't usually enough for a good workout, and what you're doing may not be enough for your body. You should try out different things to see what works for you personally. Eat healthy, work more than just your leg muscles.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
zaffie

You should try changing your workouts. Your body is getting used to it if I'm thinking correctly.

Cosplay:

Midna(The Legend of Zelda): 100%!
Phi(The Legend of Zelda): 100%
Eska (Legend of Korra): 10%
zaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
NightlessAngel

you know your right I should try something new and thank you for cheering me up
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Although they may be right, your biggest trouble seems to be consistency. Is the treadmill something you enjoy or something you just use as a means to an end?
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

We really need more info in order to give you better advice. age, height, weight, starting weight, how often you consume junk food, medical problems, activity levels etc.

Edit: Give us your life story plz

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!

Last edited by Asa Gohan : 01-23-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: addition
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
AlbertRotten

Sounds like you're yoyo dieting. After you lose weight, do you stop exercising and go back to your old eating habits?
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Redfe

Possible problems:

1) You're used to your workout. After doing a workout for a while, your body becomes used to it, and burns less flat. This is one of the main reasons people hit plateaus.
2) You're not working hard enough. By this, I mean your treadmill running is very slow or something. You need a high intensity workout to make a difference.
3) You don't have a healthy enough diet. Easy. You're not changing your diet, just working out more.
4) You're changing your diet and exercise, but then stopping after you reach a certain goal. You need to change for good if you want to keep off weight, not just, "Oh, it'll be fine. I'll eat tons of salad, then when I lose the weight, I'll go back to Cheetos." That's not gonna do anything, so be careful!

But yeah, life story please. Thanks!
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Diet Diet Diet ...

If you keep gaining weight back it means you're eating too much. For people who have difficulty losing weight it is pivotal to keep track of calories; not just to eat healthier food options.

So start keeping a food journal (or make a planned menu); figure out how many calories you're eating, and adjust (slowly) until you start to drop weight. (Preferably about 1lb per week till goal is reached)

Now on the other hand, reading your post more literally, any weight lost during the twenty minutes on the treadmill is water weight. It will come back when you drink more water. This is not a bad thing.
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Sabbatical
WTF = What the FRAK

It seems people think that dieting in the sense of the deprivation of calories is a good thing. In a sense, it is. Unfortunately, a lot of people "diet" to the point of starvation which hurts their metabolism and tricks their body into "storage" mode. Thus, when you eat, your body converts that energy into fat for conservation purposes.

With that said, the right way to diet is to eat right and eat often. You eat right by picking clean foods to snack on. You eat often so you can keep your metabolism going. Just be sure to portion your meals and given your weight, which I do not know, you can calculate just what you generally need to maintain maximum weight loss through a caloric decrease WITHOUT going into fat storage mode.

With that said, my advice to you on the working out side is this:

Vary your workouts. Look up interval training and learn it. If you do the same thing every day, your body will plateau and will get "used" to the routine which will limit and eventually inhibit gains. I know it sucks but incorporate sprints at different speeds, go cycling, swimming, hit the gym and pump some iron or work on some resistance-based setup. Just do something different.

Lastly, pay keen attention to the muscle groups you're working out. Don't hit the same ones everyday because they need to heal. Remember, recovery is very important if not more important than the actual workout itself...

Did I say too much? LOL
Sabbatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
NightlessAngel

Got some great news,

I'm sooooooo happy 'cause I once weigh 130's lost 13 pounds and now weigh 177 and still continuing working out today. I feel great, energized, and I'm not ever going to back to the weigh I was in thanks everyone for your full support!!!!

Your once new member,

NightlessAngel
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Somsai
Guyver 01

I've been doing the same work outs for the longest time.
And I never really ceased to get results o.o
All I do is increase weight every now and then.

Finished:
- Ikki Minami (Air Gear)
- Kaname Kuran (Vampire Knight)
- Guy (Street Fighters/Final Fight)
Somsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler

ive lost some weight by playing around on my wii fit,eating lighter(or smaller portions) and it actually worked in a week i lost some weight..i also played DDR my weight isnt an issues i just want to look best for my crossplays~
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")

*Contact me on skype ID:emorawrtastic :'3
*Contact me on Facebook :3
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hayden.davatilshi

BruisedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
MissAnonymous

All about muscle memory, kid. Mix up your work out routine so your body doesn't get used to it. Run one day then work on your core or arms -the mix up the pattern. I personally can't work out without music so maybe you need a distraction
MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
NightlessAngel

Using music is a good idea the way, I use music is lifting me up and getting me through like say skillet's songs for an example is a hard core up lifting songs but rocks out perfectly, but it's the song of your choice listen to any songs, that you wanna listen too