Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
yorune
sup homies

Event/Cosplayers in Nagoya

Hi c:

I'll be in Nagoya for about three month this summer. I'm wondering if there's anyone that lives near there? I'm planning to bring a few cosplays with me but It's going to lonely without friends with me. ;_; I'm hoping I can make a few friends there;;

Also I'm wondering what events are happening in Nagoya, Aichi-ken and Osaka during the summer?

Last edited by yorune : 02-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
yorune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Tsumanne
History Nerd

I don't live around Nagoya so don't know much about cosplay down that way, but the World Cosplay Summit is held in Nagoya during summer so you should be able to swing by that. Last year WCS was held in the beginning of August. Although you can't compete (it's done like the olympics so only one team per country) you can sign up for the cosplay parade which is fun and you can cosplay at the Nagoya Oasis 21 building where the stage competition is held.

If you can read Japanese, Cure Cosplay and Cosplayer Archive have event listings for all over Japan so you could check those sites for other events. I know there are events in Osaka all the time. I think Osaka is only about 1 or 2 hours from Nagoya by train.

Event Calendar:
Megacon - Florida, USA: March
Bay Area Renaissance Festival - Florida, USA: March
Sun n' Fun International Fly-In and Expo - Florida, USA: April
Comic Market 86 - Tokyo, Japan: August
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
yorune
sup homies

I know about the WCS and I'm really looking forward to it But I mainly want to look for Doujinshi events? I tried Cure, but the cosplay culture and terms are so different it's hard to navigate ;;;
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Tsumanne
History Nerd

ah, not sure about doujinshi events down there. It's hit or miss on whether doujinshi events allow cosplay or not so doubt Cure or Cosplayer Archive would be helpful with dounjinshi markets since they aren't considered cosplay events (with the exception of Comiket). You might need to google Kansai doujinshi markets and see what comes up.

Idea. There's a Mandarake as well as a Melon Books in Osaka. Those stores would likely have information on local area doujinshi events. Worth a shot if all else fails. Think there might be a Melon Books in Nagoya too if I remember right.

Sadly I've only been down to Nagoya twice and Osaka once so that's about all the help I can be.

Event Calendar:
Megacon - Florida, USA: March
Bay Area Renaissance Festival - Florida, USA: March
Sun n' Fun International Fly-In and Expo - Florida, USA: April
Comic Market 86 - Tokyo, Japan: August
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
yorune
sup homies

Thank you ;;;; I also really want to go to Comiket but I simply can't make it down to Tokyo > <

Ahhh I hope there will be a One Piece event near me when I'm there, I keep missing them :'|
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
-Edo-

Hi Yorune, there are cosplay events taking place every weekend in the Nagoya area, you can find information on them on Cure or Archive. Here is a link for an organization that organizes cosplay events around Nagoya and the Osaka area: http://www.cosjam-revolution.net/

The web page is only in Japanese but if you have a friend that can help you navigate then you can get out to the events.

Youyou is an organization that puts together Doujinshi events around the country, here is their calendar for the Nagoya area:

http://www.youyou.co.jp/area/tokai/

They have events twice a month and you can cosplay at their events. Again these sites are only in Japanese so go over it with someone who can read Japanese if you cannot yourself.
-Edo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Fei-Hung

Thanks for the links -Edo-. I will be in Nagoya this summer as well. Me and my girl friend will surely be at the WCS and some other events. I have only just started looking into the different cosplay realities here but when I hear of somthing cool going down I will definatly post it to this thread. Woo.

PS we saw a girl walk by in a mad costume yesterday at the mall and then we were kick ourselves for not stopping her to chat. Her pigtails were literally bigger than me. lol

https://twitter.com/NinjaSaizo

Come network with us about cosplay and more on Twitter and Youtube.
Fei-Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
JadeKat
will take your soul

I'm over near Hamamatsu, which is about an hour and a half from Nagoya by train. ^_^ I wasn't able to bring any cosplay with me, but I'm going to attempt to make some while I'm here. In the mean time, I found a shop with a nice variety of really great priced wigs in the Osu shopping area in Nagoya. It's called Body Line and they have super-duper prices on wigs that are pretty darn nice for what they cost. ^_^

Yorune: I totally love your cosplay! (looking through your gallery). What outfits are you planning on bringing?
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
-Edo-

JadeKat, if you get a chance to go to Osu again the Cospa there has a good selection of wigs and costumes too if you like. If you are getting fabrics go to Otsukaya at the Kuruma Michi station.
-Edo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
JadeKat
will take your soul

Oh! I'm heading into Nagoya today! I'll have to check both of those out! <3 Thanks, Edo!