Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
KJH-Photography
Just another Nikonian
 
KJH-Photography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 71
Photographer Meet Up??

I know this thread kinda fits in both the Photographers section of the forum and here but just wasn't too sure where to post, but if it needs to moved go right ahead.

Anyway, this is just s silly idea I had but I figured since a lot or the cosplayers do a meet-up, why can't the photographers?
Besides attending Katsucon as a anime/manga fan (and being able to use the Gaylord as beautiful photo locations xD) I definitely see this as a networking opportunity for myself and others to meet other photographers, whether they be professional/semi-professional, local, out-of-state, shoot cosplay-only or other genres of photography. Any one interested?

CONFIRMED DATE/LOCATION/TIME:
Friday the 17th, 6pm @ the set of doors directly across from the gazebo

Last edited by KJH-Photography : 02-02-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: location, date & time
KJH-Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Scorpion89
The Master
 
Scorpion89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 957
I would be down I'm only doing a few group shoots this year trying to enjoy some of it plus I'm covering a few panels.

I'll be there on Fr and Sat
__________________
Check out my photographs at,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pby5a/
Scorpion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
deity1248
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
Amateur photographer here if that counts (just started this month) ^^; and I would be delighted if there's a meetup c:
__________________
Otakon Katsucon 2012

Kuroko- Kuroko no Basket

Teddie- P4

Vino- Baccano (maybe)

Kevin Tran- Supernatural

Damian- DC comics (Prince AU, Kaciart design)
deity1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
gothicadam
Who me?
 
gothicadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 740
I am interested in doing this just name a time and location
__________________
Animazement 2011
Axel Kingdom Hearts 100% Completed
Zexion Kingdom Hearts 100% completed
Xenmas Kingdon Hearts 100% Completed

My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/gothicadam

For my cosplay photos go to http://picasaweb.google.com/116003591765305040870
[/size]
gothicadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
negativedreamer
Dream in the Negative
 
negativedreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 654
im not a photographer, but would love some pics from you guys if you are interested in my costumes!
__________________
"they speak of my drinking, but never my thirst"

dA: http://negativedreamer.deviantart.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/negativedreamer
negativedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
KJH-Photography
Just another Nikonian
 
KJH-Photography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicadam View Post
I am interested in doing this just name a time and location
If some more people post their interest in a meet-up, then we can talk about a time and place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativedreamer View Post
im not a photographer, but would love some pics from you guys if you are interested in my costumes!
^Well your Auron costume is pretty epic xD I'd like to do a shoot with ya, but then again this isn't the scheduling thread lol
KJH-Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
Druhzin
Registered User
 
Druhzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 174
I'd love to get in on this, I've always been an avid photographer, but just recently actually started learning (classes). I would love to talk to other photographers about anything and everything.
Druhzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
gothicadam
Who me?
 
gothicadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 740
What kind of camera are you guys using? im using a Canon Rebel EOS T3 DSLR
__________________
Animazement 2011
Axel Kingdom Hearts 100% Completed
Zexion Kingdom Hearts 100% completed
Xenmas Kingdon Hearts 100% Completed

My Facebook http://www.facebook.com/gothicadam

For my cosplay photos go to http://picasaweb.google.com/116003591765305040870
[/size]
gothicadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
BetwixtPhotos
Hooray pictures!
 
BetwixtPhotos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJH-Photography View Post
I know this thread kinda fits in both the Photographers section of the forum and here but just wasn't too sure where to post, but if it needs to moved go right ahead.

Anyway, this is just s silly idea I had but I figured since a lot or the cosplayers do a meet-up, why can't the photographers?
Besides attending Katsucon as a anime/manga fan (and being able to use the Gaylord as beautiful photo locations xD) I definitely see this as a networking opportunity for myself and others to meet other photographers, whether they be professional/semi-professional, local, out-of-state, shoot cosplay-only or other genres of photography. Any one interested?
I'll be there all weekend and think it would be great to meet some fellow photographers. Count me interested.
__________________
Betwixt Photos | Facebook | Flickr

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
BetwixtPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Jkid
Cosplaying Photographer
 
Jkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 261
OK, I'll join. Just give me more details.
__________________
COME HELL OR HIGH WATER I WILL COME TO OTAKON 2010! Screw the economy!
Jkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
ShinWHO
Welcome to Impossible
 
ShinWHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 237
I'll be there from Thursday to Monday wandering around with a 3D Glidecam setup. So even though I don't take pictures, I'd still be interested in stopping by.
__________________
Cosplay highlight videos from conventions across the US!
http://www.youtube.com/shinwh0
http://www.facebook.com/dre.shinwho
ShinWHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
skyywriting
Registered User
 
skyywriting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
I would like to come. ^^ This is my first year do a semi-pro (ish...) photoshoot scheduling so it would be neat to meet other photographers!
I'm unsure about what my schedule is at this point, so I don't know if I could make it but if I'm not busy or with a cosplayer I'd be sure to come!
skyywriting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
KJH-Photography
Just another Nikonian
 
KJH-Photography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinWHO View Post
I'll be there from Thursday to Monday wandering around with a 3D Glidecam setup. So even though I don't take pictures, I'd still be interested in stopping by.
^I don't even know what that is but its sounds awesome! You're more than welcome to stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyywriting View Post
I would like to come. ^^ This is my first year do a semi-pro (ish...) photoshoot scheduling so it would be neat to meet other photographers!
I'm unsure about what my schedule is at this point, so I don't know if I could make it but if I'm not busy or with a cosplayer I'd be sure to come!
Yay! Another photog
KJH-Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
Shichikou
Jo Luffiro Sauce
 
Shichikou's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,308
depends on the date and time. I might stop by~
__________________
Convention/Events Plans for 2012:

Katsucon 2014



My Stuff: Facebook | Photography
SSC CREW: Home Village | FORUM | Deviant Art | YouTube
Shichikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
deity1248
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
I'll be in cosplays all the time, but I'll have my Nikon D3000 with me ~ and need date and time as well...
__________________
Otakon Katsucon 2012

Kuroko- Kuroko no Basket

Teddie- P4

Vino- Baccano (maybe)

Kevin Tran- Supernatural

Damian- DC comics (Prince AU, Kaciart design)
deity1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.