Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
CherryFeather

Help on choosing a character?

I apologise if this is in the wrong place I was going to post this in the main 'who should I cosplay' thread, but I specifically want to cosplay as a Hetalia character, so here I am! I made this because I would like to know all of your opinions on who would be a good character for me to cosplay, based off looks and personality. I like pretty much all of the characters, so I don't think that would be a problem. If you could help me out that would be great, and thank you in advance!

Okay, so I'm completely new to this... I've never cosplayed before in my life... the most I've done is tried on some of my sister's wigs, but that's it... I can be pretty shy but lately I've been getting a little more confident. Around close friends and family I'm like a mix between Italy and America.. I can be really goofy, loud and hyper. BUT, when I'm on my own, I act more like a cross between England, Japan and Canada. Since I'm new, I'm not sure whether wearing a costume will make me more confident or more shy... I don't want to dress up as someone like America and act like Canada all day!

So here's everything you might need to know if you want to help me out:

Eyes: Blue/green (I'm not sure about wearing contacts, since it freaks me out a little!)
Hair: Long, average brown hair with a few long layers. (I don't mind wearing wigs)
Gender: Female (Don't mind crossplaying at all. I also don't mind cosplaying as Fem!*insertcharacter'snamehere* either!)
Height: 5ft 2
Body Build: Skinny

I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I'm white and I'm from England *sips tea*

Thanks!

Edit: Finally managed to upload more than one photo. The one of me in the purple dress is from about three years ago, but my body is the same, so there's that part. The other picture is a few months ago and my hair/face hasn't changed since then!

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/224260/

Last edited by CherryFeather : 01-26-2012 at 08:02 AM.
CherryFeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
EseCulo

I think you could pull off Hungary really well!
EseCulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Second the Hungary suggestion. Also, Vietnam, Fem Italy (North or South), Fem France, and Belarus.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
PK.love

I am going to third that Hungary suggestion!
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Tatsu-chan

fourth on Hungary, and I say do anyone you like to do. You have a very feminine face though so you will probably do better at fem characters if you are really concerned with "passing." People probably won't look at your face and say "so manry" but you can always experiment with makeup or just do more androgynous men.

You seem a tad worried about authenticity(nothing wrong with that) so a female nation or one of the shorter nations would probably be best. Height doesn't matter all that much though in the long run so even if you are 5'2" it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

5th the hungary but im also gonna say fem!england aka igiko
she can be shy or outgoing just like england!
also fem!canada
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
CherryFeather

EseCulo -
Quote:
I think you could pull off Hungary really well!
Thank you very much! I'm gonna do a lot of research on Hungary now, since everyone seems to agree with you! (Watching Hetalia again and also reading up about the country).

PSY-chan -
Quote:
Second the Hungary suggestion. Also, Vietnam, Fem Italy (North or South), Fem France, and Belarus.
Thank you for your suggestions Fem!Italy would be so much fun

PK.love -
Quote:
I am going to third that Hungary suggestion!
Thanks! This is the point where I started to look up costume ideas for Hungary... I'm leaning towards http://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hungary.png I like her military uniform.

Tatsu-chan -
Quote:
fourth on Hungary, and I say do anyone you like to do. You have a very feminine face though so you will probably do better at fem characters if you are really concerned with "passing." People probably won't look at your face and say "so manry" but you can always experiment with makeup or just do more androgynous men.

You seem a tad worried about authenticity(nothing wrong with that) so a female nation or one of the shorter nations would probably be best. Height doesn't matter all that much though in the long run so even if you are 5'2" it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Yeah, I am worried about authenticity XD Thank you for your advice. I love experimenting with make-up so I'll probably try to make myself look more 'manry'! Although, I am definitely now leaning towards one of the female characters or a Fem! character... I'm going to do some research on them all and come up with some ideas!

And thank you for calming me down over height and matching the characters perfectly... I can be a perfectionist sometimes!

animenerd93 -
Quote:
5th the hungary but im also gonna say fem!england aka igiko
she can be shy or outgoing just like england!
also fem!canada
Thanks! I'll be doing some research on fem!England and fem!Canada... I think their personalities fit me best...

Just yesterday, I wanted to get past a girl in front of me because I wanted to sit on the chair she was stood next to so I said 'Excuse me?' but she didn't hear me, then I asked again and she still didn't hear me!! I muttered 'I'm Canada' and squeezed past her and sat down and she STILL didn't even realise I sat there even though I bumped her bag and everything. *sighs* And at one point I thought she was going to sit on me too!!

Thanks for all your suggestions so far! Any other suggestions are still welcome. You all made me feel much more confident about all of this I really can't wait to get started now!
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Hungary is a great option but I see you as Fem! France or Fem! Spain.
You might be quiet but I heard that being an outgoing character can benefit and you relatively get along well with other cosplayers.
The hairstyle on your first photo with a dress on is a great one for Fem! France.

There are a lot of Hungary at cons, just to let you know. It's the most popular character to cosplay besides Chibitalia.
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
CherryFeather

pandagilbirds -
Quote:
Hungary is a great option but I see you as Fem! France or Fem! Spain.
You might be quiet but I heard that being an outgoing character can benefit and you relatively get along well with other cosplayers.
The hairstyle on your first photo with a dress on is a great one for Fem! France.

There are a lot of Hungary at cons, just to let you know. It's the most popular character to cosplay besides Chibitalia.
Thanks for the advice I appreciate it, since I've only been to one small con which only had an Italy and a Germany... If Hungary is pretty popular to do I may choose another one instead, so thanks for letting me know!

And I don't know anyone else who cosplays apart from my little sister and her friends, so the tip about being a more outgoing character and getting along with other cosplayers is a good tip too! Thanks for your help! I really like fem France's outfit and I never even thought of fem Spain! I forgot about her... so yes, thank you for your help! It's appreciated a lot!
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
surferhorse12
Angleterre

Hungary seems pretty good.

I also have to say, just go ahead and do whichever character you want to do.
surferhorse12 is offline   Reply With Quote