Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 01-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
-Still Alive-
needs a new username

Buying From QutieLand?

Has anyone ever purchased anything from QutieLand? This is my first time at dressing in Lolita, as well as ordering from Loli sites. I'm interested in buying:
This dress
This petticoat
and
These shoes from their site.

So, can I get any reviews? Time it takes to get to you? Shoe and clothing quality? Any complications converting USD/Your currency into HKD? Better places to buy these items if it's not a trusted site? I'd really appreciate the advice. ; v;
Thank you in advance.
-Still Alive- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Meiki

Qutieland seems to be a pretty reliable site, but they hike up all the prices. If you don't want to deal with a shopping service and Taobao, Clobba: http://clobbaonline.com/ should carry the same items for lower prices.
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Qutieland's prices are quite high, but I don't mind paying extra for an easy-to-use website and good customer service. Definitely check Clobba first, but if they don't have what you're looking for, Qutieland is a nice alternative for a first-time buyer.

From my experience dealing with them, they're pretty easy to get a hold of via e-mail and respond in a timely manner. Their English is a little broken up sometimes, but it's still clear and easily understood. If there is a delay in their response time, they send you an e-mail to not only apologize for the delay, but to actually explain why there was a delay in the first place, which I always appreciate. They're usually backed up just before and after the holidays. You should be fine to order now, but it will still take them several months to have your outfit made and sent out, so be prepared to wait.

As for quality, Qutieland doesn't actually make the clothing. They're a shopping service that communicates with manufacturers in other countries on behalf of the buyer. You should be researching particular off-brand company reviews in order to learn more about their quality. In your case, you should be looking up "Dream of Lolita" and "Classical Puppets" reviews, not Qutieland. As for your shoes, the shoes worn with the Classic Lolita coord in my gallery are an*tai*na brand shoes purchased from Qutieland. They were extremely comfortable, but I needed to add an extra hole in the belt to make them a bit looser around my ankles. Also, I ordered them in white, but they appeared more off-white in-person. I'm not sure if that's the case wait all of their shoes though. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Oh, and no problems whatsoever with the conversion rate. PayPal did it for me! PayPal is very reliable. Hope all of this helps! Happy shopping~

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Jas66
Meow :3

I own the bell-shaped petticoat you linked to, but I purchased it from Clobba.
It is well made, with nice quality fabric and lace.
When it arrived, it looked just like it is pictured on the website.

For this dress, however, I think an 'A-line' shaped petticoat would be more suitable, but which style of petticoat you buy depends on the main style of dresses you plan on purchasing in the future.

Generally, dresses with gathering at the waist (like this http://www.qutieland.com/product.php?id=1155 ) tend to look better with "bell" shaped petticoats, while dresses without gathering at the waist (like this http://www.qutieland.com/product.php?id=1045 and the dress you linked) tend to look better with "A-line" shaped petticoats

I don't have first-hand experience dealing with Qutieland, so I can't tell you about that, but I can tell you that Clobba is an exceptional service. The customer service is extremely helpful and in perfect English! When they sent out a package, they even email the customer a photo of the package. In my opinion, even though the website isn't as easy to use as Qutieland's, the service and price are well worth it.

lol sorry for the long post
Jas66 is offline   Reply With Quote