Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Okali
Pandas know best.

WoW Cosplay Ideas?

I'm looking to cosplay a female World of Warcraft character. After searching through many armor sets, I've decided I don't want to do one of my characters, but a character in the game.

I don't know of many amazing female characters in the game, so can anyone suggest some that aren't overly cosplayed? They don't even have to be on a playable faction, they can be neat Raid or Dungeon bosses too.

None of these Characters please:
~ Alexstrasza
~ Tyrande
~ Sylvannas
~ Jaina

Last edited by Okali : 01-28-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Okali is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

If you're into some fun armor work Vanessa Vancleef is always a cool one!

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I'd love to see more Whitemane

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/158301.jpg

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
sfox0211

I love it XD that'd be a sexy cosplay costume.

http://www.wallpapersahead.com/wp-co...arcraft_89.jpg
sfox0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Okali
Pandas know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbityBlkMage View Post
If you're into some fun armor work Vanessa Vancleef is always a cool one!
Oh she's pretty cool, I never noticed her before since I haven't bothered to do Deadmines on Heroic, thanks for suggesting her. ^^
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

Tyrygosa (Kalec's consort) in her elf form
Anveena Teague (sunwell trilogy)
Valeera Sanguinar
Onyxia
Maiev
Queen Azshara (possibly naga form or lady vashj)
One of the other windrunner sisters Vereesa or Alleria
I don't know if you mind doing other less popular dragon consorts Sinestra, Soridorimi, Sindragosa
Aviana (there's not much art of her so your own take, but she's a beautiful harpy)
Elune (night elf goddess of the moon)
Magna Aegwyn (Medivh's mother)
Garona Halforcen (dranei/orc hybrid you can do a lot with that)
Blood Queen Lanathel (ICC and san'layn queen)
Lady Blaumeux (Four horsemen Naxx)

Sorry for the list I'm a big wow geek. But some of these you might have to do your own design. It's just some characters I would like to see because their character is beautiful.
Logia1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
Okali
Pandas know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logia1300 View Post
Tyrygosa (Kalec's consort) in her elf form
Anveena Teague (sunwell trilogy)
Valeera Sanguinar
Onyxia
Maiev
Queen Azshara (possibly naga form or lady vashj)
One of the other windrunner sisters Vereesa or Alleria
I don't know if you mind doing other less popular dragon consorts Sinestra, Soridorimi, Sindragosa
Aviana (there's not much art of her so your own take, but she's a beautiful harpy)
Elune (night elf goddess of the moon)
Magna Aegwyn (Medivh's mother)
Garona Halforcen (dranei/orc hybrid you can do a lot with that)
Blood Queen Lanathel (ICC and san'layn queen)
Lady Blaumeux (Four horsemen Naxx)

Sorry for the list I'm a big wow geek. But some of these you might have to do your own design. It's just some characters I would like to see because their character is beautiful.
Oh wow, Blood Queen Lanathel really caught my eye! Thank you for this list, i'm going to view everyone.
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Okali
Pandas know best.

Any more suggestions? I would love to hear more Raid bosses, I don't usually raid so I don't know many.
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

As far as raid bosses go the one's that aren't near the end usually don't have much lore so they don't have much fan artwork nor official blizz art. That and even going by their in game models it's usually a copy of another model re-skinned or wearing standard gear or they don't have one at all. You can however do genderbend versions of male bosses cause they on the other hand have some badass characters you can convert. Or you can take a character that has a lot of lore but hasn't been incorporated into WoW yet so they would have no art or model and do your own interpretation of the character. Imo the novel characters are way better anyways and then once they hit the wow screen it just doesn't do them justice.

Last edited by Logia1300 : 02-01-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Okali
Pandas know best.

Quote:
As far as raid bosses go the one's that aren't near the end usually don't have much lore so they don't have much fan artwork nor official blizz art. That and even going by their in game models it's usually a copy of another model re-skinned or wearing standard gear or they don't have one at all. You can however do genderbend versions of male bosses cause they on the other hand have some badass characters you can convert. Or you can take a character that has a lot of lore but hasn't been incorporated into WoW yet so they would have no art or model and do your own interpretation of the character. Imo the novel characters are way better anyways and then once they hit the wow screen it just doesn't do them justice.
Oh I see. Yeah, there are quite more male raid bosses that are pretty neat. I was going to do Vanessa Vancleef until she started being cosplayed more often, then I decided against it. I haven't read any of the novels, I can't find them. I would do a genderbend if I didn't like to keep characters the way they are.

I was just hoping to get a lot of female character suggestions, but there really aren't too many.
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

I guess if you listed no Alex or Tyrande you wouldn't want Ysera the Dreamer/Awakened either since she is basically a cross of the two looks-wise.

Umm...I second/thirdish Valeera Sanguinar, incredibly interesting character with a lot of lore behind her. Same for Blood Queen L and Garona and Moira Bronzebeard (I was always a fan of the troubled past types, at least when they were interesting).

Queen Greymane and Lorna Crowley would have been awesome too but they basically did nothing with them outside the Gilneas starting zone and a quest or two. I also like the worgen Fiona from the Caravan questline but I doubt anyone would recognize her.

Boss Mida (aka Her Tallness, aka the REAL Goblin faction leader) is another fun character, who I hope gets a lot more use later.

And also, so that my Orcs get some more love, there's also Aggra of the Frostwolves (Thrall's Life-Mate) and Warlord Zaela, leader of the Dragonmaw clan.

I can't think of anyone else.

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
Okali
Pandas know best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I guess if you listed no Alex or Tyrande you wouldn't want Ysera the Dreamer/Awakened either since she is basically a cross of the two looks-wise.

Umm...I second/thirdish Valeera Sanguinar, incredibly interesting character with a lot of lore behind her. Same for Blood Queen L and Garona and Moira Bronzebeard (I was always a fan of the troubled past types, at least when they were interesting).

Queen Greymane and Lorna Crowley would have been awesome too but they basically did nothing with them outside the Gilneas starting zone and a quest or two. I also like the worgen Fiona from the Caravan questline but I doubt anyone would recognize her.

Boss Mida (aka Her Tallness, aka the REAL Goblin faction leader) is another fun character, who I hope gets a lot more use later.

And also, so that my Orcs get some more love, there's also Aggra of the Frostwolves (Thrall's Life-Mate) and Warlord Zaela, leader of the Dragonmaw clan.

I can't think of anyone else.
I love the Dragon Aspects, they just get cosplayed so often, it's not very unique to cosplay them anymore.

I love the Orcs, my username actually comes from an Orc character of mine, but I don't think I'd want to cosplay one. Thanks for the suggestions though. ^^
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
Logia1300
Cosplay Pirates Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okali View Post
I love the Dragon Aspects, they just get cosplayed so often, it's not very unique to cosplay them anymore.
Malygos! He's not overdone, I was planning to do one myself because I don't like the Blizz interpretation. Even his in game model human and dragon were a big disappointment which is probably why he isn't done as much cause his model doesn't compare to the others. Anyway that reminded me that you can try doing mobs instead like dryads, banshees, succubus, val'kyr or you know any other humanoid looking thing. You could do the Twin Val'Kyrs or Eredar Twins of course to complete it would require another person to do the other half of the duo.
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Okali
Pandas know best.

Quote:
Malygos! He's not overdone, I was planning to do one myself because I don't like the Blizz interpretation. Even his in game model human and dragon were a big disappointment which is probably why he isn't done as much cause his model doesn't compare to the others. Anyway that reminded me that you can try doing mobs instead like dryads, banshees, succubus, val'kyr or you know any other humanoid looking thing. You could do the Twin Val'Kyrs or Eredar Twins of course to complete it would require another person to do the other half of the duo.
Oh, I didn't think of that! Yeah, Malygos' human model was very disappointing, I was sad to see it so...plain compared to the other aspects.