Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Unread 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
UnholyDeath

Spectre Cosplay

Alright I've been putting this off for a while but I have finally decided to start working on this. I was planning on doing a Sprectre cosplay, I just need all yall's help on all my equipment and clothing.
http://images.wikia.com/residentevil...0screen013.jpg

Head: I pretty much have all this figured out with a few helpful ideas from some people and a few of my own.

Body: Have eveything I need for the body, just need to get the puches that go around my torso.

Arms: I can easily get old wire and wrap it like he has it on his arms, I have elbow pads already and I have the gloves already. So the only thing I need is the arm pad, I'm sure I can just scrape up an old phone or something for that.

Legs: Pants shouldnt be to hard, I was just wondering what you guys opinion would be on the best kind of pants for this. And I have the knee pads and boots already.

Back: The only shots I could find of his back were in the triple action trailer, which it looks like he just has a complex looking backpack that I'd have to custom make.

And where would I find holsters, puches, and clip on straps like that. Any info would be helpful.

Last edited by UnholyDeath : 02-02-2012 at 11:32 PM.
UnholyDeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Moodydata

When I was getting all my stuff for my Vector cosplay I purchased most of my gear at...

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/

They are really good if you want to customise your stuff abit like the vest, looks like an assault vest with some custom padding around the top, with just a load of molle mag pouches around the stomach area.

Drop leg holsters and leg bags or pouches can be found on the site too, so thats easy aswell as knee and elbow pads, gloves just look like any regular leather ones unlike Vectors which are kevlar tactical gloves.

The mask would have to be a totally custom build if you wanted it perfect, plus it looks like Spectre wears a hood thats seperate to the main suit, but thats just my take on that.

The mask its self someone will probably point you in the right direction for a similar looking mask to go over the mouth, but you would need some fabric to go behind it to make up the rest of it, cut out the eye holes and attach the straps to it and the mouth piece, and as for the goggles section, I would custom build that out of plastic tubing and similar looking objects then spray it all black and add some blue transparent acetate in there for the coloured tint and maybe some LEDs for the glow on the lenses, with the acetate so far up front it`ll be hard to see your eyes, especially if you over lap a couple of sheets each side.

Then to finish off theres small things like the data pad and the radio, radio props you can find cheap, then you have to get the pouch for it to attach to the left shoulder on the molle vest, the datapad could be done with an Ipod or Iphone then from the looks of it get some black pipe and wrap it around the right arm and the base of where the pad is resting and then hide the other end inside the vest.

Also look around on Ebay and Amazon for good deals on materials.
Moodydata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
UnholyDeath

Appreciate all the help, I'm sure Ill be able to get all this done now. You pretty much had the exact same I have for the mask, I'm just not sure whether to use EL wire or LED's.
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
Moodydata

What I have done is ordered some of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnpngjS2i2o

LED shoe laces, cause they can last along time and hopefully dont blind you like ELwire or some LEDs, I have not got them yet, but what I was hoping to do is mount the two battery packs for them inside my S10 and then tape or glue the laces around the inner parts of the lens so that it lights up just like ELwire would but contains all the things I need inside the mask.

Instead of having ELwire battery attachment wire to the assault vest, which in certain cases would be akward if your turning your head in a certain direction and the wire pulls out of the battery, then the wire will obviously go off.
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Nelo Angelo

From what Ive heard and read, EL wire is cheaper and easier but its tough to see in daylight at all, LEDs are more visible but also can blind you as well lol.

Im looking at doing Spectre as well (trying to get a group together right now probably have a Vector, Four-Eyes and Lupo although theres some debate as to if one will switch to do Bertha but I digress)

Im curious about what some of your ideas are to make the mask - unfortunately Spectre's isnt normal stock like most of the others. I figured Id use piping for the eye tubes and probably LED's, I find LEDs are easier to power than the EL wire but Ill play that by ear. Im not sure if I should try to build the mask from scratch (not even sure where or how to start with that) or scan ebay for one thats similar then use that as a base to go from there; so yeah curious about what some of your ideas are if you dont mind me asking lol

Oh and the best pants/shirt - probably BDU's you can find them on ebay and elsewhere - Spectres i think are Grey so shouldnt be too hard to find. But any grey cargo pants and long shirt should work.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
UnholyDeath

For my mask I am having just the fabric part custom made with straps and all with eye holes cut out to just enough space to fit my interlocking PVC into, I'm gonna try to find some good size rubber gaskets to make it look more natural where the pipe attaches to the mask. I'll be using a respirator for now with a little modifying to go over top of my mouth. Vision is the only thing I'm worried about, I definitely don't want to be completely blind and that's what worries me about LED's, I can barely see as it is haha.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Nelo Angelo

I was thinking of trying to find some way to make the goggles flip up or removeable this way Im not wandering around all con with no peripheral vision thats call pedestrian hit by car waiting to happen lol but I need to make the mask first before i try to do that

I was toying with the notion of trying to maybe convert this into something useable but i duno if that feasible - id have to cut away the cheek breathers for sure

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/250957726535?...=p5197.c0.m619
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
UnholyDeath

That is amazing its almost exactly what we would need lol. Its really cheap too. Only problem is that it juts out a little to much and the cheeks definitely gotta go. Would definitely be able to salvage the middle piece off of it, but idk that's not much of my forte.

Last edited by UnholyDeath : 02-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Moodydata

Im not so sure thats the best bet when it comes to masks when you check out this...

Shows off alot more of the mask (and I colour coded it for easy understanding), I would go about it a totally different way to what you guys have planned. (Underlined keywords used for ebay or amazon searches)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-7500-SI...em 230d2f0c57

I would start off with something like that for a base (Blue area) because it gets the shape of the lower section (I will call that the beak as it looks like beak helmet from Warhammer 40k), with that as the base purchase some sheet rubber and cut it out to the shape that you need so it fits over it (Red area), get some grey mesh plastic and use that for the pattern on the front of the mask (Light Grey area) and fit that under the rubber top layer.

Quote:
(So by this point in order of wearing it, it would be Blue>Light Grey>Red the mask as the base, the mesh plastic in the only area that needs it which is the front really, and then the rubber sheet over the top with holes cut out at the front for the mouth piece and to see the mesh through.)
After that all you really need are the straps and then the goggles (Yellow Area) done because he clearly wears a hood to go over the rest of his head, the eyes look like they have been taken off a Soviet GP6 mask, cause they are raised out around the outside edges, my only idea to get something similar to that is to get some of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goggles-Pu...em61ca9b e4e4

Cut holes out for them to fit through the rubber sheeting (Red area) then use a spare sheet of rubber to make the same shape that will go around them (Yellow area) to give the raised effect, this and you can then use the goggles as a base to mount small sections of tube or what ever to build up and give the "telescope eyes" feel (Green area).

All the stuff I found on ebay really quickly, would be a big custom job but thats the only way I can think of getting it 90% accurate.

then again after I posted this I saw this...

One hell of a wierd shape for that mask.

Last edited by Moodydata : 02-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
UnholyDeath

Definitely a huge help, Im not that innovative when it comes to this stuff. The mask definitely looks way different from that picture, and the eyes look more recessed, I'm guessing they are retractable.
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Moodydata

Im pretty sure they are supposed to be telescopic they automatically adjust depending on the distance of the object they are focusing on similar to a camera lens.

But having them built up out of tube sections or something similar would be easy, hell looking at the mask if you split up the shapes you can kinda guess how they have designed it, its just that mouth piece from that screenshot that has me confused now.

It looks alot like they have done this with the mask piece...

After looking closely at the image of the ingame model, this is a quick mock up and its accurate in terms of the shape thats needed, its a strange design that kinda reminds me of Sub Zeros mask from Mortal Kombat.
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
UnholyDeath

It does resemble his mask, I could possibly find a sub zero mask and modify it to resemble Spectres mask. His mask also looks like it is completely rubber now from this distance, it also isn't as rounded as the first picture, it has a more blocky look to it.

Last edited by UnholyDeath : 02-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
Moodydata

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mortal-Kom...em4 ab27c3d1f

^ Sub Zero mask but black, so if you wanted to get technical it would be Smoke or Noobs mask, as Sub Zeros is blue but what ever lol.

Could easily use that as a base and build off it then follow my idea for the rest of the face cover and the goggles to complete it.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
UnholyDeath

That's more money than I thought it'd be. I'm trying to figure out to exactly mod it down into Spectre's mask, of course its hard to tell if there is even mesh in the middle with the angle we're given, I'm gonna try to find more gameplay footage so I have more to base it off of.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #15
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyDeath View Post
That's more money than I thought it'd be. I'm trying to figure out to exactly mod it down into Spectre's mask, of course its hard to tell if there is even mesh in the middle with the angle we're given, I'm gonna try to find more gameplay footage so I have more to base it off of.
I would say just keep it simple! =) A 3mm Respirator, Welding Goggles with PVC over them, then some Blue Window Film and your Spectre will look awesome! (and its cheaper!) =) http://skullhunter5000.deviantart.com/gallery/
Skullhunter500 is offline   Reply With Quote